Chapter 10

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weekend came quicker than expected and with that some days to relax after the amount of surprise exams they had to endure in the last three days of the week, Soojin was glad for several reasons, exams were over, Minnie could stay at home and rest properly without worrying about missing anything at school, and she wouldn’t need to go to the auditorium now that it was the weekend.

 

So two days without having to deal with Yeh Shuhua and her need for perfection, who in the world would worry that much about how good this play will be? Only students and their parents would watch it anyways; The cheerleader was happy that her parents and her sister would be too busy to attend it by the end of the year, it would spare her the embarrassment.

 

The following days have been just as cold so staying outside and chilling wasn’t an option to most people but sadly for Seo Soojin, she wasn’t one of those people as that weekend was her day of buying the groceries, there she was wondering around the supermarket building, picking whatever was in the list her sister gave her.

 

"Seriously, why do we need ice cream? Is already cold as " She mumbles under her breath as she stares at her list.

 

After a few minutes of wandering around, she noticed someone by the hair products section, looking for something and so the girl was quick to approach.

 

"Yuqi-"

 

"Ah! Soojin-Unnie!" Yuqi jumped, startled as she hid something behind her back and Soojin frowned. That was weird. "You scared me…"

 

"I'm sorry, but I guess you were too focused on whatever you're trying to hide from me" She said, leaning to the side to get a glimpse of what the girl was holding but Yuqi moved as well so she couldn't see it. "I hope is nothing wrong-"

 

"It isn't!" Her voice almost cracked as she tried to defend herself and Soojin held back a giggle. "W...What are you doing here anyways?"

 

Soojin lifts her bags as if stating the obvious. "Groceries" 

 

It was rare for Soojin to be able to talk to Yuqi in peace, she was usually hanging out with Soyeon or being dragged around by Shuhua, so a bit too busy for Soojin to be able to properly talk to her; Doesn't mean Soojin didn't consider the younger her friend and wanted to make sure she was alright.

 

"Your cheeks are as pink as your jacket" Soojin pointed out with a smile. "Do you wanna… talk about it? I still have some time to help" 

 

Yuqi shakes her head, blushing harder, considering her options. “You can’t tell anyone…”

 

“Ok.”

 

“Not even Soyeon”

 

“Fine, Fine. What is it?”

 

“You see-”

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

“What are you doing here?” Shuhua asked as she walked out of her house and saw Minnie standing there in her Minnie themed jacket that Shuhua gave her last year for her birthday, funnily enough Miyeon also gave her the exact same gift which caused both to argue about who stole the other’s idea. That was before they started to date and Shuhua could still remember the blush on Miyeon’s face as her hands were shaking trying to give Minnie her gift and sound as cool and natural as possible. The image was still funny for the younger. 

 

“You’re such a cold hearted dongsaeng” Minnie whined as always. “I come here, to hang out with you out of the kindness of my heart”

 

“I’m pretty sure you came here because you either want something or wants to gossip”

 

“Yeh Shuhua!” Minnie said, offended.

 

“Kim Minnie!” The younger replied with the same tone.

 

“I don’t gossip” The older defended herself. “Stop being so annoying and come here already” She said, gesturing for the younger to come close and so Shuhua did, rolling her eyes. “I have something to tell you so let’s go on a walk”

 

“So you did come here to gossip” Shuhua said as they walked down the sidewalk in a slow pace as Minnie was still recovering. "How's your knee by the way?"

 

"It's the 6th time you asked me this today" Minnie said, referring to their talk on texts before"It's fine, stop worrying. The worst part is that you have to walk slowly so I can catch up" Minnie laughs; Shuhua always walked like she was late for something and so having to see her walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter