Chapter 22

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m loving your costume” Miyeon said to Soojin who smiled and turned around to show off her little red riding hood costume that she made Minnie bought for her a few days ago.

 

“Thanks, your girlfriend gave it to me” Soojin said laughing while Minnie sighs as she nods. 

 

The school was filled with a sea of students and Soojin was sure that there was more students on this halloween party than on the regular school days, she was pretty there was people there she never saw in class before, there's a chance some of them weren't even students and sneaked their way inside with some help.

 

She looked towards the dance floor and saw the yuyeon couple coming towards them laughing after spending the last minutes dancing with each other in the crowd; Yuqi and Soyeon were dressed as Robin and Batman and it took a lot for Soojin not to laugh every time she looked at Yuqi in those green spandex shorts; She would have called her cute if she didn't know she hated the word. 

 

As for Minnie and Miyeon, they were the vampire couple that Minnie wanted them to be so much, fake blood on corners of their mouths and all; Minnie sure worked hard for it and Soojin thought they looked really good despite Miyeon's costume looking a bit too small for her but as the older said, it was the only size available at the store she went with Shuhua.

 

Speaking of the youngest, she didn't arrive yet and Minnie was currently whining about it after she had called the girl several times already.

 

"I can't believe she won't come!"

 

"Who are you guys talking about?" Yuqi asked as she joined the group along with Soyeon who had her arms wrapped around the younger's waist. Soojin was starting to get the feeling she'll spend the rest of the night stuck between two couples. 

 

"Shuhua" Miyeon said as she pats a sulking Minnie's shoulder. "I guess she won't come-"

 

"Shuhua? She arrived like 10 minutes ago" Yuqi said with a frown, confused as to why the other didn't come to at least say hi to their friends first before partying with others. "Elkie snatched her away tho" 

 

"Ah that makes sense" Minnie said and Soojin looked at her in confusion.

 

"Who?"

 

"Soojin do you even attend our school?" Minnie asked. "Elkie has been studying here for like a year now"

 

"Excuse me, I don't have to know every student" The cheerleader replied.

 

"You would if you talked to people," Miyeon said and Soyeon giggles.

 

"The day Soojin decides to talk to people, hell will be frozen"

 

"Hey! Hey! Why is everyone attacking me all of sudden!" The girl said, annoyed. "I just made a genuine question!" 

 

"The point is-" Yuqi interrupted. "I don't think we can expect Shuhua to show up so soon if they're together. You know how they can get"

 

Minnie sighs but nods, knowing that Shuhua was probably being dragged around yet again somewhere else. 

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

It's not like Soojin hated social interactions-

 

Who was she trying to fool? she hated it; She didn't like big crowds or loud noises and the flashing light coming from the dance floor, which was actually the cafeteria after the cooking club got rid of most chairs and tables somehow; Soojin was a stay at home on friday night kind of person, watching either a romance or comedy movie while texting her friends once or twice. 

 

But somehow she ended up in a group of friends that were loud and while Soojin was an introverted, they were the opposite so she was constantly dragged to those situations only to end up against the wall watching everyone dancing together.  

 

"Soojin you're gonna grow roots if you stay there any longer," Soyeon said as she stood next to her, a drink in her hand. "Go dance"

 

"Alone?!"

 

"Yeah? You used to dance a lot, remember?" Soyeon replied. "And it's not that different from cheerleading" 

 

Before she could reply she heard Minnie and Miyeon laughing as they approached them, followed by Yuqi; The girl frowned.

 

"What? What's so funny?" 

 

"You didn't tell me you two wanted to match too" Miyeon said between giggles and Soojin only got even more confused until Minnie pointed to somewhere in the crowd and Soojin followed with her eyes only to see Shuhua, probably saying by to who she assumed was Elkie, casually making her way across the people.

 

In her big bad wolf costume. 

 

Minnie seemed to notice Soojin's shocked face because she started to laugh even more while the others tried to pretend they didn't find the situation a bit funny, especially considering they were matching by accident. 

 

"Think on the bright side, If she's big bad wolf then she can eat-"

 

"Minnie!"

 

"Sorry, Sorry"

 

Shuhua didn't seem to be paying attention as she approached them, focused on her phone before looking up again and freezing on the spot for a second once she noticed Soojin and her costume, making her way to the group quickly.

 

"What are you wearing?!"

 

"What are you wearing?!" 

 

Yuqi was hiding her face on Soyeon's shoulder to avoid laughing while the girl was hiding her own laugh by siping on her drink;

 

"It's cute that you two are matching" Miyeon said, trying to calm both down but the way they could tell she was trying not to laugh only made things worse.

 

"Ah, Seo Soojin! You ruined it!" 

 

"I got my costume first!" Soojin said. "Also, you're just wearing a custom hoodie with wolf ears on it, how is that an actual costume"

 

"Well, I'm sorry! I left my fursuit at home!" She mocked before pointing to her outfit. "I have torn clothes too, and claws," she pointed out. Soojin looked at Shuhua up and down.

 

"Why does it look so tight?"

 

"Because I'm thick," She said. "I mean, Have you seen my thighs?" 

 

"It came along your growth spurt" Minnie said "Remember when you were so small that you used to be under my shoulder?"

 

"If I don't remember it, then it didn't happen," Shuhua said.

 

"I have pictures," Minnie replied with a smirk. 

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

"are you not getting drunk?" Yuqi asked as she sat next to Shuhua. "You know someone from the volleyball team managed to sneak in a lot of beer"

 

"I don't want to get drunk," Shuhua replied. "I would rather not repeat what happened last halloween" 

 

"Ah… Right"

 

"You know what I mean," Shuhua said as she watched Yuqi drink from her bottle. "Shouldn't you also avoid getting drunk? Where is your girlfriend?"

 

"She and the Mimin couple dragged Soojin to where the haunted house is," Yuqi took another sip. "I didn't feel like going. What about you?" 

 

"I'm enjoy some fresh air away from all the couples and gross sweetness" 

 

"Yeah, Yeah; Whatever…" Shuhua frowned and reached toward Yuqi's bottle and took it from her hands. "Hey!"

 

"Enough drinking, you get easily upset when you're drunk and I don't wanna deal with that" The younger said, taking a sip for herself as she glanced at the other who rolled her eyes.

 

"You never want to deal with anything" 

 

"What is your deal?" Shuhua asked, putting the bottle on a table nearby. "Is Soyeon not satisfying you?" She mocked as she started to drink again.

 

"Don't talk about her like that"

 

"Oh come on, Yuqi" Shuhua started. "You really think you can fool me of all people?" The younger one said. "We both know you don't like Soyeon"

 

"You're the last person who can judge me about this" Yuqi replied, voice louder than intended but with the loud music nobody was really paying attention to them, it wasn't uncommon to see drunk teenagers fighting anyway. "All you do is look at her with puppy eyes and hope one day she'll look at you"

 

"She has nothing to do with this! Don't bring her up" Shuhua said, starting to feel upset as well, maybe it was the alcohol starting to have an effect on her or maybe it was just Yuqi getting on her nerves with her own drunkenness and words. "I'm not the one dating someone out of pity" she accused. 

 

"You-"

 

"At least I'm not a coward like you and have enough courage to reject someone" 

 

Yuqi didn't reply to them and Shuhua seemed to realize what she said and how the others would take it. She tries to reach for the other's hand but Yuqi moves away, stumbling a little due to still being dizzy.

 

"Yuqi, I didn't mean to-"

 

"I'm going after my girlfriend," the other said. "Have fun being alone loving someone who's never gonna see you as anything other than a kid" The words hurt, but Shuhua doesn't talk back, she deserves it. 

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Soojin felt her legs shake as her back touched the wall and she tried to take deep breaths; She hated haunted houses. Definitely not good for her heart at all, com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter