Chapter 19

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

N/A: This chapter was supposed to be posted much earlier but I was distracted by Shuhua and her bangs. Haha!

 

 

Yuqi walked down the School's hallway in silence as she glanced over her shoulder and saw Shuhua walking right behind her, also in silence but her eyes staring straight into her soul as the older speed up her walk, only for the younger to do the same until they were in front of the girl's bathroom and Shuhua finally reached for Yuqi's arm and pulled her with her as she entered the bathroom. 

 

"Wha-"

 

"You have been ignoring me," Shuhua said. "What happened?"

 

"I'm not ignoring you!" She said "You know I would never do that, It's just-" Yuqi scratches the back of her head as she feels embarrassed. "You guys are always in a group and I don't know how to act around Soyeon"

 

"Do you like Soyeon?" Shuhua asked, firm. 

 

Yuqi shrugs. "I don't know… She's a good friend and I like hanging out with her but-"

 

Shuhua smiles bitterly. "You don't know if you want to date her?"

 

Yuqi stared at the ground. "Yeah"

 

"You should still give her an answer," Shuhua said. "It's no good to keep someone waiting, she's not gonna move on if you don't let her"

 

"It's why you didn't move on either?" Yuqi asked, not wanting to sound rude or anything, but Shuhua was not the person to give advice about moving on when she knew that the taiwanese was still so, so in love. "You never confessed your feelings to-"

 

"Hey!" Shuhua interrupted. "This is not about me"

 

"I'm just saying" Yuqi said "Maybe if you confessed your feelings-"

 

"Why would I do that?" Shuhua asked. "So I can get rejected and make things awkward? I didn't confess the first time for a reason, it wasn't meant to be. Let it go" 

 

"You didn't" Yuqi mumbled.

 

Shuhua decided to ignore that and just gestured for them to get out of the bathroom already and let this conversation die. 

 

She hated how this topic keeps on being brought up with more frequency than she likes to.

.

 

.

 

.

 

"So we don't talk much" Soyeon said to Miyeon and Soojin as they stood by the parking lot, leaning against Soojin's car who had dragged the younger around so they could properly talk about the awkward mood between her and Yuqi. "I think Yuqi is scared to tell me the truth"

 

"Then she's a little bit-"

 

"Soojin!"

 

"What?! She can't just delay an answer for this kind of thing" The cheerleader said as she crossed her arms. "She's playing with your feelings, Soyeon. The least you could do is kick her -"

 

"Or-" Miyeon intruded. "Talk to her, make sure yours and her feelings are explicit to each other; Get your answer and if it's a rejection, you can move on" She added. "It's the mature thing to do" She glanced at Soojin.

 

"But if you decide to beat Yuqi up, You're still valid" Soojin insisted. "I would even help you" 

 

"No!" Miyeon complained and Soyeon sighes. 

 

"I'm not beating up anyone," Soyeon said, making Soojin roll her eyes. "If she doesn't like me then… that's fine, I just wish she would tell me instead of avoiding me" She sighed in defeat and Miyeon pats her shoulder. "I can handle rejections" 

 

"Maybe Yuqi can't handle rejections," Miyeon replied. "I have rejected a lot of people before and it's not fun" She said and Soojin smirks. "It's hard to hurt someone's feelings like that"

 

"Please tell us more about how everyone loves you, Chophrodite" Soojin mocked with a smirk. "I'm sure Minnie gonna love to know about all the people who confessed to you"

 

"Soojin! Don't say that!" Miyeon replied. "You know Minnie gets jealous very easily"

 

"She's just like Shuhua," Soyeon added and both girls looked at her. "Yuqi told me she was the jealous type too." 

 

Soojin is embarrassed to admit that 'another hint!' was the first thing that came to mind after she heard that; Maybe she was a little too into this investigation of hers, at least more than she would like to admit. 

 

But it kept her from being bored so she was going to take what she could get.

 

"I think all of them are the jealous type," Miyeon laughs. "Minnie said that Yuqi got really jealous when she befriended Shuhua on their first year here" She said, remembering how Minnie would talk how Yuqi behaved like Minnie wanted to steal her best friend from her.

 

The mention of Yuqi, however, gave Soojin an idea. Despite her wanting to give the kid a beating for playing around with Soyeon's feelings like that, she couldn't help but realize the obvious.

 

'Yuqi must know who Shuhua's crush is!'

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

"What's your type of woman?" Soojin asked Shuhua as the younger one was ing her uniform's shirt; The taiwanese just looked at her, confused more than anything else.

 

"Why? You wanna introduce me to one of your friends?" Shuhua asked as she opened her shirt a bit more; The air conditioner was broken, so the auditorium was pretty hot and so some open buttons were necessary if they didn't want to toast in there; Soojin had done the same just a few minutes ago.

 

"I would never make my friends suffer by having them date you" Soojin replied, she was laying on the cold floor of the stage, with her arms under her head as she watched the other girl walk around. "I'm just curious, we working together so we might as well get to know each other"

 

Shuhua laughs as she shakes her head, back turned to Soojin now. "You think I'm stupid"

 

"Sometimes, yeah; But not right now"

 

"You just want to narrow down the list of potential girls I might like so you can find out who I'm in love with" Shuhua replied, now turning to Soojin. "But I just know the one I want isn't even in the list"

 

Soojin squints her eyes. "Yeh Shuhua, are you into one of the teachers?"

 

Shuhua laughs at the suggestion. "Maybe" She joked with a smirk on her lips. "I do like older girls" She added, trying not to smile at Soojin's disgusted face. "Like Hyuna-"

 

"Hyuna would never notice you"

 

"Excuse me, I have an autograph!"

 

"That you bought from someone else!" Soojin accused. "You even cut off his name, remember" 

 

"Details!"

 

Shuhua laid on the floor next to Soojin, one arm covering her eyes as she sighed heavily, it was definitely too hot in there to do any work so she would just let it slide that day and just relax for a minute.

 

"Maybe I can help you get the girl you want" Soojin suggested, looking at Shuhua and seeing how her lips turn up in a smile, but with her eyes covered the older one couldn't tell how genuine it really was. 

 

"N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter