Chapter 32

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Nooo!" Yuqi whined as soon as she saw Soojin approach their table which had the cheerleader freeze on the spot, confused by that reaction and wondering what was wrong only for Soyeon to poke her girlfriend as if to tell her to behave which didn't really work as the younger kept going. "Soojin-Unnie, we were supposed to match! Blonde Duo"

 

"Black Haired Duo!" Minnie then said, ignoring the chinese girl as she stood up from her seat and raised her hands for Soojin to high five which the cheerleader did, shy but still did it. "Actually… I kinda wanna dye mine again"

 

"Please don't. It's good the way it is" Shuhua then said, finally joining the conversation and as always being anti hair dye no matter what. "Also let your hair breath" 

 

"The favoritism" Soojin heard Yuqi say as she sat by the table. "When I dyed my hair you told me you hoped I would go bald!" She accused, and Shuhua crossed her arms.

 

"That's because you only dyed your hair to impress-... S-Soyeon-Unnie '' Soojin squints her eyes at the hesitance of the younger's voice and the way she stutters, but any thoughts she had was interrupted by soyeon leaning closer to her girlfriend with a surprised yet worried look on her face.

 

"You dyed your hair because of me? you didn't have to," she said and Yuqi felt her cheeks starting to burn as she hid her face on her hands and ignored how the others started to giggle at her reaction. "I like you the way you are" That alone was enough to make Minnie and Miyeon go 'aww' as they leaned against each other and looked at the younger couple with a soft smile while Shuhua made a disgusted face.

 

"Wait until you see how she looks like when she wakes up" 

 

"Yeh Shuhua!" Yuqi complained while the younger smirks, before dropping other embarrassing facts about her best friend, Knowing that Yuqi was starting to like Soyeon for real made it easier to tease Yuqi, because all she wanted was to Shuhua to stay quiet and don't say anything too embarrassing in front of her girlfriend which of course just encouraged Shuhua to do just that.

 

"Don't you sleep like an otter?" Soojin joined the teasing and watched as Yuqi looked at her in shock, and Minnie covered to keep herself from laughing as she also knew what that was about.

 

Soyeon, and Miyeon, was now even more confused.

 

"An otter?"

 

"Yeah, like-"

 

"No! Don't tell her that!" 



.




.




.



Soojin stood alone by the locker room fixing her cheerleader uniform, people have been praising her new hair color all day and of course that made her really shy, never getting used to being the center of attention like this but it still felt good to know so many people liked the change. 

 

But, of course, Part of Soojin was disappointed Shuhua had shown no reaction to her new hair color despite being the one who suggested for her to dye it back to black, her mind was telling her that maybe the younger didn't liked it at all but didn't want to say anything and offend Soojin, Maybe Shuhua doesn't even remember suggesting it to Soojin since she was so sleepy when the words escaped her lips; The girl sighs as she touches her hair now feeling insecurity growing inside of her, she should've stick with the blonde instead of trying to impress the taiwanesse who obviously couldn't care less about what she did to her appearance. 

 

Then she felt hands on her hips and gasps, startled since she thought she was alone in the locker room but then she heard a quiet giggle at her reaction.

 

"Why are you thinking so loudly? I could hear you from the door" Shuhua asked, standing behind the cheerleader with a smile on her face, she was in a good mood that day and Soojin assumed it had something to do about how she spent so much time teasing Yuqi with Minnie. "Is everything ok?"

 

"Mhmm" Soojin hummed in response while she played with her hair. "It's fine, why are you here?"

 

"Ouch, Do I need a reason?" Shuhu asked. "I wanted to see you, that's all" The younger replied. "I actually was thinking of something we could do together, if you're free."

 

"You like to take me out a lot. Do you have a crush on me or something?" Soojin then said, feeling like teasing the other, even if she was embarrassed by what she just said but Shuhua thinks it's funny and ends up laughing.

 

"Yes, I do. You're just my type" Shuhua replied. "But seriously, I was wondering if you want to go to my place, and meet my parents" Soojin then turned to look at the other just now realizing Shuhua was still holding her from behind. "It's only fair since I've met yours, but if you don't want-"

 

"And miss the opportunity to see your baby pictures? Never!" 

 

"Seo Soojin, You're so petty" Shuhua said with a smile and Soojin smiled back before feeling shy due to the younger's gaze and looking down again, finding it more interesting to play with her hair as a way to calm down her heart. "By the way… I like your hair," Shuhua said and Soojin looked up at her in surprise, she didn't expect the other to actually say that to her.

 

"Really?" Soojin hates how her voice almost cracked from the surprise and gulped once Shuhua smirked at her.

 

"Yeah, It suits you" Shuhua reached for her hair to hold it gently. "Sorry I didn't say it before, I got a bit shy" She added, now giggling as her cheeks become slightly pink which Soojin never saw before until now, The older was sure that Shuhua's cuteness was going to be the end of her one day. 

 

"That's ok… I understand" Soojin said, but part of her was surprised Shuhua would be shy about something like this when she can be so… straightforward with what's in her mind, but to think she made the other shy somehow was enough to start the stubborn feeling of hope inside her chest which Soojin was quick to ignore and remind herself that her feelings are one-sided. 

 

"I also wanted to ask something," The Taiwanesse asked, her hands still on Soojin's hips. She has been doing that a lot, Soojin noticed; It somehow felt natural. "Can I watch you guys practice today?" There's this almost child-like smile on her lips as she makes the question and Soojin almost said yes right away if her brain didn't process the question and she looks at the younger, grumpy.

 

"Why…? You're going to flirt with the girls again" Soojin accused, with her hands on Shuhua's shoulders to push her away without success which only had the younger laughing as she held the older tighter, ignoring Soojin trying to escape from her.

 

Shuhua laughs. "Come on, I just wanna watch. You watch the basketball practices" She pointed out, and Soojin stopped struggling for a second.

 

"That's because Miyeon forces me to, Also I don't flirt with the team!" 

 

"You could" Shuhua suggested and Soojin arched an eyebrow as the younger smirks. "I'm sure some of them are into you"

 

"So I can flirt with the basketball team, is that what you're saying?" Soojin asked and watched as the other's smirk started to slowly fade as she looked up as if picturing it in her head before her face turned into disgust if not annoyance.

 

"No, You can't!" She then said and Soojin giggled.

 

"Too late, You already gave me permission" 

 

"Unnie!" Shuhua whined which only made Soojin laugh, it was good to be the one who was teasing for once.

 

A month ago if she saw Shuhua by the bleachers watching the cheerleaders's practices, there was no doubt that Seo Soojin would've throw one of her shoes at her and scare her out of the field which most likely would earn tired looks from everyone else while Shuhua herself would be laughing all the way to the exit most likely with Yuqi or Minnie at her side also trying to avoid being hit by a flying shoe, But now she was just sitting there watching with her arms crossed and a smile on her lips and while the girls seemed confused by the lack of a reaction from their captain, nobody planned on questioning Soojin so soon.

 

Soyeon, who had been quietly watching this development between them happen, thought it was weird, the whole change was weird; It still feels like it was yesterday when Shuhua and Soojin would fight at any given chance like last year around christmas time when Soojin started to attack the younger with snowballs after an argument which then led to a warzone to happen in the parking lot when Shuhua started to fight back and then end up hitting someone else and creating a whole chaos; Soyeon was locked up inside her car watching the whole thing go down that day.

 

But now they are so… friendly with each other, if not clingy. Yuqi had told her about how Shuhua wanted to be friends with Soojin so the time they spent working together on the play wasn't complete hell plus she was tired of arguing with Soojin every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter