Chapter 14

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shuhua didn't see herself as a workaholic. 

 

She was hardworking.

 

But sometimes she goes overboard or so is what others say, Shuhua doesn't see it. If there's work to be done, she'll do it no matter what and doesn't get how that's a flaw.

 

"You look like " Yuqi said as Shuhua came out of the house, tying her hair.

 

"Good morning to you as well, thank you for declaring your love for me so early, in the morning. " Shuhua replied right away while Yuqi laughed, both making their way to school. "I couldn't sleep last night. I had nightmares"

 

"Oh… You wanna talk about them?" Yuqi asked.

 

"Don't worry, It was just trivial stuff." She quickly said, not wanting Yuqi to be worried."I kept dreaming about someone wanting to dye my hair. It was very stressful" She whines.

 

Yuqi had to laugh at that. "It's not that bad"

 

"Ok, soon-to-be bald"

 

"Hey, I've only dyed my hair once!" The other complained and then quietly gasped. "Remember when Minnie-Unnie dyed her hair?" 

 

Shuhua frowns. "Those were dark times indeed"

 

"Oh my god, you're so dramatic. Pink hair was her color" 

 

"It was." Shuhua agreed, she did look good, fit her bubbly personality and she totally stood out in the sea of students but the younger still preferred the natural hair color. "She looked cool."

 

"Oh she looked cool, But if I do it, it's cute" Yuqi complained and Shuhua giggled, hands in her pockets. "That's some double standard"

 

Then the younger thought of something. "You think Miyeon will make anything for this year's halloween? Like she did last year when we met" 

 

"Miyeon-Unnie said something about it to me" Yuqi kicks some pebbles out of her way as they walk. "I think she plans to just get us to hang out at her house instead of an actual huge party."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because you got wasted last time and she's worried about it" Yuqi stated the obvious and Shuhua rolled her eyes."You know she likes to take care of you"

 

“Well, she shouldn’t. I’m not a child” Shuhua complained before yawning, Yuqi pulled her close. “I’m still sleepy!” She complained while Yuqi patted her shoulder. 

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

“Are you serious?” Soojin asked, leaning against her locker, which was next to Soyeon’s who was now staring at her after rolling her eyes at the question. “You just can’t ask Yuqi out because of Shuhua? God, You’re pathetic”

 

“Excuse me, your first kiss was an accident and you want to call me pathetic” Soyeon replied, frowning.

 

"Don't bring my first kiss into this! It was middle school!" Soojin says, crossing her arms.

 

It was a both memorable and embarrassing moment in her life; A girl from another class who was running to excited and bumped on Soojin, lips touching for a quick second but enough for Soyeon to make fun of her since that day; She still claims that the other girl did it on purpose but the head cheerleader said that was all in her head. 

 

"I just need you guys to keep the little hurricane that is Shuhua distracted from Yuqi for a few" Soyeon said. "You of all people can keep Shuhua distracted pretty well"

 

"Me? How?"

 

"I dunno… tell her she would look better with blonde hair or something, that's enough to get her in a mood"

 

"So you're giving me permission to attack her" Soojin said, wanting to make sure; Soyeon squinted her eyes and lifted one finger.

 

"Verbally"

 

"Oh Well. I take what I can get" The other shrugs and then looks towards the entrance. “Speaking of the devil, she’s there with the love of your life” Soojin said pointing at Shuhua and Yuqi.

 

“Oh my god, shut up! Don’t say that out loud”

 

“So you admit it” Soojin laughs “She is the love of your life”

 

“Soojin!!”

 

“Fine, Fine. I’m going” She rolled her eyes. “The things I do for this friendship”

 

She made her way towards the chaotic duo, she was impressed by how loud those too could be every time they walked in, talking to every single person in the hallway with big smiles on their faces. Yuqi and Shuhua always looked like the definition of sunshine; However, Soojin couldn't help but notice the eyebags under Shuhua's eyes despite her big smile, they have been getting more evident in the past few days since the girl doesn't seem to understand what rest means. 

 

"Hey kids" She said, approaching then, putting one arm around Yuqi's shoulder, ruffling her blonde hair with her other hand. "Soyeon needs to talk to you"

 

"Oh…" She turned to Shuhua. "Let's go then-"

 

"Actually" Soojin interrupted. "I need to talk to Shuhua, but you can go ahead" She added with a smile; Yuqi looks confused for a second before she shrugs and makes her way towards Soyeon, who was waiting by the lockers; Soojin smiles and then finally looks at Shuhua who's looking back at her, looking suspicious. "What?" 

 

"What do you really want?" The Taiwanese asked. Soojin froze for a second, she didn't really think of an excuse to keep Shuhua from going after Yuqi and possibly ruin Soyeon's courage to ask the girl out. 

 

"uh… I actually wanted you to help me with my lines" She said, knowing that the best way to get Shuhua's attention was work. Which worked, judging by the shine in her eyes.

 

"Really?" She asked, glad that Soojin was finally taking a likin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter