Chapter 21

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 20

 

Dear not-a-diary,

Today I have decided to move on, like Soojin told me.

But every time I look into her eyes, I can't stop my heart from beating so fast.

How can I stay away from-

 

"If you're gonna write on your diary make sure there's nobody around" Shuhua pulled the diary against her chest by instinct only to realize it was just Yuqi, standing behind her by the bleachers with her hands inside the pockets of the jacket of her tracksuit, as always looking very tiny inside of it. 

 

"Yuqi! You scared me!" 

 

"Why are you writing in the middle of the football field?" The chinese girl asked as she moved to sit next to her best friend who closed her diary and put it back into her bag.

 

"I just felt like it," The younger one said. "So how are things now that you're with handcuffs?" 

 

It's been weeks since Yuqi and Soyeon were dating now and the older has been the chinese girl's current priority, as it should be, so Shuhua barely saw her and let alone have a talk with her as she herself was busy. 

 

"Stop calling my relationship handcuffs, Soyeon is really nice" 

 

"Just nice?" Shuhua reached for Yuqi's neck, fingertips pressed against the skin as she spotted the faint bruise in there, the other seemed to notice what she was touching because her ears turned red as she smacked Shuhua's hands away as the younger smirks. "I think it is more than nice," She teased.

 

"It's a perfectly normal thing between couples our age!" Yuqi defended herself, if her voice could go high pitched then it would right now by how defensive she was being and Shuhua couldn't hold back her laugh. "You're just jealous because you're single"

 

"I can get any girl I want; I just happen to not want any relationship"

 

"Maybe you should, It would be good for you" 

 

They heard noises and looked to the side, seeing the cheerleader squad walking in for their daily practice and Shuhua smirked as soon as she saw Soojin's bright smile as she talked to Soyeon turn into a frown as soon as she saw the taiwanese girl sitting there; Shuhua waved at the older and Yuqi chuckles behind her as she notices the provocation.

 

"Ah, I wanna say thank you to whoever invented miniskirts" Shuhua commented as the cheerleaders passed by with their uniforms; Yuqi slapped her shoulder.

 

"Hey! one of them is my girlfriend!" 

 

"Don't worry, I'm closing my eyes to Soyeon-Unnie"

 

Speaking of the devil, the girl had approached them, Shuhua wanted to laugh at how awkward she still behaved with Yuqi when she was around, The taiwanese didn't understand how her presence made them so shy around each other but she thought it was really funny and would have a great time teasing them about it.

 

"Hey Soyeon-Unnie" The girl greets with a quick wave to the other who did the same as she puts one leg on the first row seat of the bleachers. "I hope you're treating my Yuqi well" She said, mostly to tease them. 

 

"Shuhua!" 

 

"Of course I am" Soyeon replied, still shy but her words were firm and Shuhua nodded, ignoring Yuqi glaring at her. 

 

"That's good" She looks at the chinese girl. "She's like a sister to me" She added, touching her chin, making Yuqi smack her hand away as the younger laughs.

 

"Hey, what did I tell you?" They heard Soojin say, approaching them but her eyes were focused on Shuhua, looking annoyed as always. "Why are you here?"

 

"It's a public space" Shuhua replied with a smirk while Yuqi and Soyeon just shake their heads as they watch the pair argue once again; Soyeon never really understood why Soojin hated Shuhua being in the cheerleader practice so much, it became a habit since the end of last year and of course the younger would always find a way to pass by just to annoy the other; Even now with their relationship being supposedly better. 

 

"I don't care, just leave. go go" Soojin said as Shuhua rolled her eyes and stood up, surprising Yuqi at how fast she gave up; The girl picked up her backpack and looked at Yuqi who stood up as well so both could leave. "Yuqi you can stay, it's fine"

 

"What"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter