Chapter 11

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's halloween!" Minnie celebrated.

 

"It's October 1" Soojin replied.

 

“Oh my god, don’t ruin the mood” Shuhua was the one who said this time. “It’s halloween”

 

“We meet on halloween” Miyeon said, kissing Minnie’s cheek while Shuhua coughs loudly.

 

“We all met on halloween” The younger corrected “We might as well fit on the plot of a horror movie” She adds, making the others laugh. “What was it again? a party?”

 

“It was a halloween party on Miyeon’s house and the whole school was invited” Soojin added “I don’t remember anything about that day, I slept in Miyeon’s room the whole party” The cheerleader said, she wasn’t exactly a party kind of person and so after 20 minutes she slipped away and just fell asleep on Miyeon’s room. 

 

“Soyeon-Unnie dropped soda all over my shirt that night. That’s how we met!” Yuqi laughs as she remembers how she bumped into the other girl while making her way through the crowd. “The stain never left you know”

 

“I apologized!” Soyeon said “I even got you a new one after”

 

“I think it was Shuhua who introduced me to Minnie, right?” Miyeon asked, looking at the younger who nodded while eating. “She came to me and said ‘Miyeon-Unnie, there’s someone who really wants to talk to you’ and just started to drag me away”

 

“You kidnapped her” Minnie said, shocked as she didn’t know that detail. 

 

Shuhua shrugs. “You said she was cute so…” She looks at Yuqi “And Yuqi replaced me with Soyeon that night too so I was alone during the whole thing”

 

“I was making new friends!” Yuqi defended herself. 

 

“What did you even do that night? I remember finding you sleeping on the grass in the backyard hugging a bottle” Minnie said between laughs. “Then Miyeon carried you like a little baby to one of the rooms”

 

“She became my baby right there,” Miyeon said, trying to pat Shuhua’s head, who moved away. 

 

“I gave my very first kiss that night” Shuhua admitted, with a smirk while all of them but Soojin gasped at that. 

 

“Your first kiss!?” Miyeon, Minnie and Yuqi said, surprised.

 

“You kissed for the first time when you’re 17?” That was Soyeon.

 

“I’m surprised someone wanted to kiss you” and that, of course, was Soojin.

 

“Who kissed you?” Yuqi asked. 

 

Shuhua shrugs again. “I have no idea,” she admitted, with a laugh. "I think I was too drunk to remember, I drank some beer I guess? I think Tae was the one who sneaks beer into the party"

 

"Yeah, I remember Miyeon lecturing him for 10 minutes straight once she realized Shuhua was drunk" Yuqi laughed. 

 

Soyeon joined. "It was so funny! She was so mad but still wanted to be respectful so she kept on using honorifics"

 

"Oppa! Are You Crazy?!" Minnie said, Imitating Miyeon. "She's only a baby!"

 

"Hey!" Miyeon complained. "Don't laugh, I was being a responsible adult!"

 

"Yeah, but I guess he was the one who didn't care about being responsible that night" Shuhua laughs. "He was graduating that year."

 

Soojin turned to Miyeon and Minnie. "Please don't get too crazy on your graduation year" 

 

"No promises," Minnie replied and then she snapped her fingers. "I also remember Miss Yeh Shuhua here wanted to confess to her crush back then!"

 

Shuhua stared at her with wide eyes, not expecting Minnie to suddenly remember that. "Excuse me, don't expose me in front of strangers" She pointed at Soojin and Miyeon. 

 

"I'm your mom-friend?" Miyeon said.

 

"and I'm your enemy," Soojin added, lifting her eyebrows "We're not strangers, Shuhua."

 

"She never got to confess" Yuqi said "Actually, she gave up and then ran away to the pool" 

 

"Don't tell them that! Makes me look weak!" Shuhua said, in mandarin and Yuqi laughed.

 

"They would know sooner or later" The other replied.

 

"Hey! Don't talk in secret in front of us" Soojin complained. "Also, you ran away? oh my god this is hilarious-"

 

"There's no shame in being shy!" Miyeon quickly defended the younger. 

 

"I already got over her anyway," Shuhua replied, rolling her eyes.

 

"No, You didn't" Yuqi said, once again in their mother language.

 

"I'm gonna beat you up, Song Yuqi!"

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

She didn't beat Yuqi up, she couldn't. The girl was too cute and the blonde hair just made her even cuter like a little angel, and as expected she wasn't happy when Shuhua told her that, saying that she wanted the new hair to make her look cooler like Soojin; Then Shuhua argued that if Yuqi was anything like Soojin, they couldn't be friends anymore.

 

"I think Soojin-Unnie is cool," Yuqi said, once they’re in class together."She has that intimidating vibe and- what's with that look?" She asked, noticing Shuhua glaring at her.

 

"Don't compliment her, she's awful" 

 

"That's not true, she helped me with my hair," Yuqi said. "She even told me how to take care of it-"

 

"I hope you get bald"

 

"Yeh Shuhua!" Yuqi laughs and then pushes her, "That's not nice to say to your best friend!" 

 

"It is when your best friend is befriend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter