Chapter 33

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Holding Soojin like this in her arms was warm and comfortable like a blanket on a cold day, If she spent too much time under it she could feel all her worries slipping away from her mind and just focusing on relax, the snowflakes dropping on their shoulders and hair doesn't even seemed to bother them and Shuhua doesn't mind if someone walks by and thinks they're weird for hugging like this, in fact her eyes check the windows of the Seo Household and noticed the lights were off, Soojin's parents were probably still at work and she would spend the night alone once Shuhua left to go back home so a sudden idea popped in her head and she moved away, not totally but just enough to look at the older who also kept her arms around Shuhua and the taiwanesse noticed the shade of red on her cheeks but just assumed it was from the cold.

 

"Don't go home" 

 

"Huh?" Soojin was confused by her words and Shuhua held her tighter. "What do you mean?"

 

"Let's go out," The younger one said, smirking.

 

"Right now? It's pretty late" She looks back at her house. Not many places are open right now so she doesn't think there's much for them to do, But Shuhua doesn't seem to mind there. "There's nothing left to do"

 

"We can have our own fun, come on" The taiwanesse encouraged. "Let this be our first act of rebellion" Soojin smiles at her words before looking back at her house again and biting her lips as she considers her options. Her parents wouldn't notice if she wasn't home and she could just say to her sister that it was too late to leave Shuhua's house so she stayed over. It was pretty simple. "Come on, Unnie" 

 

Soojin realizes that every time Shuhua calls her 'Unnie', she managed to convince her quicker to do things she was hesitant to, Like she put a spell in the word that somehow filled Soojin with courage, it was probably why the older grabbed the taiwanesse's hand and dragged her to the garage so they could 'borrow' the car that was parked there, like a runaway couple in a drama. 

 

"I'll drive!" The younger claimed as she took the keys from Soojin's hand. 

 

"Are you even old enough to drive?" Soojin asked, already entering the car and laughing at Shuhua's offended face.

 

"Of course I do! How dare you question my driving skills" She complained once she's behind the wheel and started to drive. "Did you know Yuqi and I took our driving license together?" 

 

Soojin shakes her head. "No, but Miyeon said you look like a baby when driving"

 

"See?! This is why Miyeon is my enemy. I'm never giving her a ride again" Shuhua complained as she shook her head which had Soojin laughing. "Now where was I? Ah yeah, Yuqi and I got our licenses together"

 

"I thought Yuqi was already of age back then," Soojin said, watching as Shuhua made a curve, she had no idea where the two of them were going but was going to trust the younger one for now. 

 

"Yes she was but Yuqi wanted for us to take our licences together" 

 

"That's actually really cute"

 

"I know," Shuhua laughs. "Yuqi is in love with me" Soojin laughs and smacks her shoulder making the other laugh as well, she knew if Yuqi was there they probably would end up bickering because of that. "Minnie taught us how to drive"

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah, it was on school break and my dad was really busy so he couldn't teach me" Shuhua explained and Soojin had the suspicion that Mr. Yeh never really had the time to spend with Shuhua. "So Minnie taught us, she didn't do it alone tho I remember her brothers on the phone helping"

 

Soojin had to laugh picturing the moment happening in her head, Shuhua inside Minnie's car with Yuqi in back and Minnie's brothers on the phone giving moral support, the whole thing sounds like it was straight out of a comedy skit. 

 

"I gotta say tho" Shuhua then started again. "Teacher Minnie and Student Yuqi are not a good combination, they kept bickering and yelling at each other while I was in the back talking to her parents" Shuhua added. "Yuqi almost ran over a poor squirrell" 

 

"And I thought my first time driving was a mess," Soojin said as she laughed and Shuhua smiled. It wasn't very common to see the older girl laugh that often and she was glad to be the one to get so many laughs and giggles out of her. "Also where are we going?"

 

"Right now? Just driving around"

 

"Pay for the gasoline, please"

 

"Of course!"

 

Shuhua the radio and Soojin smiled as she closed her eyes and just enjoyed the song while the younger one kept driving, the window on her side was open so Soojin could feel the cold wind hit her face and yet it wasn't bothering her as much as she thought it would; The smile on her lips become wider as she hears Shuhua trying to sing along the music despite not really knowing the lyrics and how that alone was enough to make the taiwanesse laugh to herself. 

 

"Hey, Don't sleep on our date" Shuhua complained, reaching with one arm to shake Soojin's shoulder to keep her from falling asleep, Soojin opened her eyes and looked at the younger as she kept on driving.

 

Has she mentioned how much this crush seems to make Shuhua even prettier every time she sees her? Even now as she hums to the music on the radio, not even minding Soojin watching her, she looks beautiful and then there's her eyes. Soojin liked her eyes a lot, or maybe she liked the way she looked at people she just knew there was something attractive about it and right now it looks like she has the whole universe in her eyes.

 

Soojin likes that, but she hates how she's probably thinking about someone else. 

 

"Can I ask you something?" She asked, sitting properly on the seat so she won't end up falling asleep by accident. Shuhua nods, casually. "In the baby pictures your mom showed me, you always had short hair but now you're very protective of your long hair, is there a reason?" It was something odd to ask, she thought but somehow she was curious about it; Cute little Shuhua with her short hair and bangs was adorable and made Soojin want to squeeze her cheeks a lot. 

 

Shuhua laughs at the question.

 

"Well, when I was a kid, before we came to South Korea" She started, the car's speed decreasing as she noticed the thin layer of ice covering the street ahead. "There was this one girl who lived in front of our house, I guess you can say that was my first love?" She laughs and Soojin can tell she's feeling shy as she tells the story. "I like to think kids have the most pure form of love and have the tendency to focus on simple things when they like someone… I really liked her long hair, it was pretty and I would daydream about brushing her hair all day" Another embarrassed laugh and Soojin smiles again.

 

"That's cute"

 

"We never got to be friends," Shuhua continued. "When Father told us we're moving to South Korea I was really sad I wasn't going to see her again so I grew my hair to remind myself of her" She touches her hair and smiles softly. "I end up liking it a lot and it's how I end up meeting Yuqi in middle school, she came up to me and said she thought my hair was pretty"

 

"A match made in heaven" Shuhua laughs at the comments but nods, it was true. "My first love was… My math teacher"

 

"Oh, I didn't know that you're into older men" 

 

"First of all, Gross! Don't say it like that!" Soojin complained while Shuhua kept herself from laughing "Second of all, It was a she"

 

"...Oh" Shuhua paused for a second and Soojin waited for her to fully process the words. "...So Milfs then"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter