Chapter 04

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin was kind, polite and gentle.

 

She was also petty. 

 

There are things she does specifically to annoy Shuhua, it was fun to see that smug smile of hers vanish once she's annoyed, especially when she knows she's the reason behind her mood shift. 

 

So that morning wasn't very different as she was walking down the hallway along Soyeon and Miyeon, the latter was already texting her girlfriend; Soojin carried a poster on her hands which quickly catch Soyeon's attention who points at the paper on her hands.

 

"What is that?" 

 

"Oh, Nothing. Don't worry about it" Soojin said and that was enough to make Soyeon suspicious. Soojin was in a good mood that morning and isn't like she was the moody type but she also wasn't the type to come everyday to school with such a bright smile on her lips so Soyeon could only assume something happened.

 

"Did Hui finally ask you out?" She asked, trying to find the source of that happiness but the girl rolled her eyes, still smiling.

 

"No. Not yet at least" She said. "This has nothing to do with boys, Soyeon"

 

"Thank god" The smaller girl said "Then why are you so happy?"

 

"Oh-"

 

"Girls!" Miyeon said "I gotta go see Minnie now"

 

"We just walked into school can't you go 5 minutes without seeing her?" Soyeon asked, but much to her surprise Soojin's smile was wider.

 

"I'll go with you, unnie" 

 

"You… will?" Miyeon asked, confused while Soojin nodded. "Why…?"

 

"Yeah why?" 

 

"Do I need a reason to see our friends?" Soojin asked, acting offended and Miyeon frowned.

 

"You know we're going to see the basketball team right?"

 

"Yeah"

 

"And Shuhua is there"

 

"Yes, I know"

 

"What are you planning to do?" Soyeon finally asked. "I just know is something to annoy her, so spill" 

 

"Soyeon you think so low of me"

 

"I have to. You keep surprising me, last time you threw your shoes at her" The girl explained as they followed Miyeon around to find Minnie.

 

"That was in the past"

 

"That was yesterday"

 

In the meantime, Minnie was sitting by the bench, caressing her knee while she watched the team train under Shuhua's supervision as the couch left to talk to the principal about their routine; Shuhua was a soft, almost child-like friend but her captain self was nothing like that, ever since they became part of the same team, she realized how much of a hardworking perfectionist Shuhua is, Minnie doesn’t think she was ever satisfied with was being done until she thought it was perfect so training was ruthless, but of course that means Victory to their team by the end of the year and of course, that was one of the reasons she became the captain.

 

But she had to admit that captain Shuhua was a bit scary, and intimidating to look at. Even right now, she wasn’t practicing and yet she was seeing how focused the girl was, making sure everyone was doing their routine properly with this look in her eyes that sure gave her a scary unnie vibe.

 

Minnie felt arms wrapped around her shoulders and neck and looked up and saw Miyeon with her bright smile looking down to her before giving her a kiss, which made Soojin and Soyeon who were right to the eldest, make disgusted noises at the display of affection. 

 

"Eww, can you not do that with us here" Soyeon said, quick kisses were okay but she didn't want to see them kiss like that in front of her; As for Soojin, her eyes were quick to focus on Shuhua, surprised by her serious mode as she told the other girls what they were doing wrong and how to fix it, Soojin had to admit she was a good captain, but of course she wasn't going to say that outloud. 

 

Then their eyes met.

 

The older expected the usual, her playful gaze and cocky smirk that she hated so much, but all she got was the cold stare before the captain looks away and focus on her team, Sooj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter