Chapter 24

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin wasn't blind, as much as she didn't wanted to say it out loud and feed the basketball player's ego, she was more than aware of how beautiful Shuhua is, with the pale skin and attractive eyes, fitting the korean beauty standard despite being foreign, and how she always got people's attention on her thanks to that; But that didn't make it any less annoying to walk around and having girls and boys pass by them with their eyes fixed on the taiwanese girl who didn't seem bothered at all as she looks around this new place they've walked in. 

 

"This place is huge, what do you even do here?" Shuhua asked as they walked into the bar area and ordered some drinks, Shuhua still looking around amazed by everything, meanwhile Soojin looked at Shuhua with a smile in her face; For a moment all the cheerleader could see was the cute 16 year old girl who had a strong accent and followed Minnie around instead of the cocky captain of the basketball team that had girls all over her. 

 

'what changed?' She wondered for a second before the waiter came with their drinks, watermelon juice for the both of them, Shuhua enjoyed her drink as they walked around the place while Soojin looked at the younger. 

 

"Oh, unnie, where do we go now?" She asked and it took Soojin some time to register what Shuhua said as her mind was too focused on how she was called unnie again; It's the expected from someone younger but coming from Shuhua it felt different somehow. 

 

Different, but not bad. It felt oddly good, But she couldn't tell why and there's something in the back of her head saying that she should know.

 

Soojin took Shuhua by her hand as she guided her around the place,  They end playing billiards after Shuhua saw the pool table and asked to play, Soojin couldn't stop smiling at her excitement, she was like a kid and it was the first time she wasn't using all her energy to overwork herself so the older end up doing whatever she wanted.

 

"Oh! You're good!" Shuhua said as she watched Soojin play, her own hands awkwardly holding the cue stick as she watched the other girl move around, standing next to her. "I never played this-"

 

Soojin gasps, faking surprise. "You're telling me you're not good at everything?" She mocked while the younger rolled her eyes and frowned, looking at the pool table again before she felt Soojin's hands on her hips. 

 

"What-"

 

"Just lean in, I'll help you " She replied, but the younger could feel a new type of warmth in her words as she smiles at Soojin before looking forward again and doing what she said; She was her friend now, Soojin of all people and of course, as they kept playing, it was no surprise when Soojin eventually won much to Shuhua's annoyance, always the sore loser; So the older was more than willing to make fun of the younger's pout. 

 

"You can't win every game-"

 

"Yeah, Yeah. Wait until I get better and I'll win against you" 

 

"You're so competitive" Soojin playfully slapped her shoulder and Shuhua ended up laughing before playing the serious role again, mumbling something about how she was great at games which had Soojin rolling her eyes. "Okay so what about we move on to something else?" That caught Shuhua's attention.

 

"Like what? Another game?" Soojin shook her head and held the younger's hand, taking Shuhua with her as she walked around.  

 

Soojin eventually took Shuhua with her to the bridge near the lake the club had, close to where some families were playing golf which had Shuhua making even more jokes about rich families and their boring sports;However as they stood together at the bridge, they fell silent taking in the view as the sun was starting to go down, and Soojin was a bit embarrassed as she notices all the couples around them, hugging each other and some were even kissing! Suddenly she felt like they both stood out in this sea of affection. 

 

She looked at the younger, she seemed anxious, her hands playing with her own fingers as she looked around, her eyes never stopping on something and Soojin was wondering if she was awkward about being around too many couples as well, but then again she always saw Shuhua hugging Yuqi and Minnie all the time, she didn't think the younger would have a problem with some PDA. 

 

Soojin gently taps her hand, and Shuhua quickly looks at her. 

 

"Are you okay?" 

 

"Me?"

 

Soojin chuckles. "Yeah, Who else?" She joked, trying to get rid of the sudden awkward tension as Shuhua scratched the back of her head. 

 

"Can we move to s-somewhere else?" Shuhua asked.

 

"What, What's wrong? You're not liking it?" Suddenly she felt her insecurity building up in her own chest, replaying the past moments in her head trying to find something that went wrong but they had fun so far so she doesn't understand the sudden mood swing, She was just trying her best to become friends with her.

 

"I'm really scared of water" She heard Shuhua say and suddenly all of her overthinking stopped as she stared the younger in surprise by those words, suddenly thinking back of all the pool parties she refused to go with them and how nervous she was on Soojin's backyard a few weeks ago, her back turned to the pool the whole time. 

 

"Oh, I'm… I didn't know-"

 

"It's okay" Shuhua reassured her. "Only Yuqi knows about it" She added, looking into her eyes and Soojin held her gaze, knowing she was doing it to calm herself and avoid looking around too much. 

 

"Why did you let me drag you here?"

 

"I didn't want to ruin the mood and," She laughs, and Soojin tilts her head to the side, was that a hint of shyness? "You looked really happy" she added with a smile and Soojin smiled back before looking down at her feet then back at Shuhua.

 

“That’s oddly nice coming from you, are you sick?” She asked and the younger frowned. 

 

“Ah, You- … We were having a moment and you ruined it!” Soojin laughs at her reaction but then offers Shuhua her hand; She has been doing that a lot in the past few days, but didn’t quite realize it yet.

 

Shuhua held her hand almost automatically then looked at the older.

 

“Come on, let’s get you somewhere comfortable”



.



.



.



“CAREFUL!” Soojin flinches at how high Miyeon’s voice is, she should definitely be a singer with those lungs. “Don’t drop it!”

 

“I’m sorry but Yuqi has no sense of direction!” Soojin complained, ignoring the younger glaring at her; Both were carrying a huge chocolate cake, since the one Miyeon was supposed to bake that morning for Minnie’s birthday passed away due to her being too focused texting everyone to remember she was supposed to focus on the oven; So besides having to pay for decorating Miyeon’s house, they also had to buy a cake as well. 

 

“Unnie, You keep going left when I’m going right!’

 

“Why are you going right?! The kitchen is on the left!”

 

“I thought the cake was going to be in the living room?” They both stood still staring at each other and then Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter