Chapter 43

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Shuhua is okay with you going out with Hui just like that?" Miyeon asked as she was laying on Soojin's bed and watching the younger walking around organizing her room for when Shuhua was back in a week. The whole scene was cute for Miyeon, who hoped they would be very happy if they decided to date each other.

 

"Of course she's not okay with it," Soojin said, rolling her eyes. "I can see in her eyes how she looks like she wants to behead Hui for existing near me, But she doesn't say anything because we trust each other" Soojin said with a satisfied nod. "She's proving to be very mature"

 

"I'm surprised," Miyeon said. "Yuqi and Minnie always said that she was the possessive type, you know, like those kids who try to bite your hand off when you touch their toys" Soojin laughed at the comparison. "When we ran into one of my exes once, Minnie was sulky all day long and I barely spoke with the guy and even informed she was my girlfriend right away" Miyeon added with a heavy sigh and Soojin giggled. 

 

Shuhua and Minnie definitely were in the opposite ends of the jealousy spectrum, while Minnie was sulky and grumpy, Shuhua was angry and will let you know what's bothering and part of Soojin is glad that jealousy is the type of feeling Shuhua was so bad at hiding despite her great acting skills; It made things feel real. 

 

"But tell me are you two going to date for real?" Miyeon asked. "Just so you know, Shuhua might not like it but she's my baby and I have to warn you to take care of her" 

 

Soojin rolled her eyes. "I don't think Shuhua will like knowing you're going around calling her your baby" 

 

"But she's so cute, like a baby! and don't change the subject, are you guys going to date or not?"

 

"We're getting to know each other more but… I have plans on having something serious, once she's back" Soojin blushed as she sat on the bed. "If she wants"

 

"I think she does," Miyeon smiled. "I think her supposed dislike towards you was just repressed love" Soojin giggled at that.

 

"I doubt it"

 

"But think how cute it is to say that to our future kids about how we met our loves at the same time in the same place" Miyeon sighed dreamily as she laid back on the bed and Soojin frowned.

 

"Future kids?! We're not even dating yet and you're already picturing my children with Shuhua?" 

 

"I like to think ahead"

 

Soojin laughed. "You're ridiculous, also technically we didn't meet them at the same time or same place, I've met Shuhua before you met Minnie" 

 

"Yeah, but it was in my party when we all became closer"

 

"No, you and minnie, yuqi and soyeon got close; I remember trying to speak with Shuhua but-" She frowns trying to remember that day, The younger was sulking somewhere drinking from a soda bottle and glared at Soojin once she saw her. "She was really irritated and I'm pretty sure she already disliked me back then"

 

Miyeon blinked for a second. "Minnie said Shuhua wanted to confess to the girl she liked back then, she was probably rejected" She sigh, not wanting to think how sad the kid must have felt seeing everyone having a good time after getting rejected by the person she liked. "Honestly, I don't think what I would do if Minnie had rejected me" 

 

"I think Minnie rejecting you would be impossible, she always had a crush on you" Soojin said. "Every time you walked by she would look at you like you're her whole world"

 

Miyeon giggles like a kid and Soojin smiled. 

 

"I have to confess that, until I've meet Shuhua and by consequence Minnie, I never really noticed them before"

 

"Yeah, Shuhua told me how Minnie used her to get closer to you"

 

The older one looks offended. "It wasn't like that!" She quickly said. 

 

"Didn't you two talk at the party because of Shuhua?" Soojin asked. "I remember clearly seeing her drag you away."

 

"She did, she likes to pretend she hates us" Miyeon smiled. "But she introduced us to each other, like we never met before" Miyeon giggled. "and then said have fun! too"

 

"Oh, I'm bringing that up to her," Soojin laughed. "Next time she complains about you two being lovey dovey"

 

"She'll probably deny it," Miyeon said. “But I remember it as clear as day”



xxx

 

There’s people in her living room that she never saw before and for a moment Miyeon regrets not making sure who her classmates could invite to her party, thankfully there was no alcohol since some of the people there aren’t old enough plus she didn’t want her house filled with drunk people destroying everything; She looked at the side and laughed at how Soojin looked at every thing with the biggest ‘I want to go home’ expression as she take a sip of her drink, standing near the wall before looking at her as if asking for help, which only made the older laugh.

 

She quickly approached the younger. “Having a hard time?”

 

“I’m not a party person, you know that,” Soojin said, looking around. “I don’t even know half of these people”

 

“If you want you can go to my room” Miyeon offered, being alone in the sea of people wasn’t in her plans but she would rather not have Soojin uncomfortable until she was able to drive her back home. “The room is locked but you know where to find the key” Soojin looked at her with pure relief on her face and Miyeon laughed as she watched the younger leave right away.

 

All the rooms were locked so none of the teenagers had any funny ideas, especially in her house, so the most Miyeon had to worry about was someone breaking a vase by accident or something like that.

 

"Miyeon-Unnie,” The girl turned around and saw the foreign girl she had invited before, Shuhua was her name, with her cute little dress that made her look like a doll. "There's someone who really wants to talk to you" Shuhua grabbed her hand before waiting for her answer, which took Miyeon by surprise as she let the girl take her away, wondering who this person she was talking about might be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter