Chapter 34

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyeon speed up once she saw Shuhua walking down the hallway buttoning up her school uniform with this frown on her face, probably thinking about all the things she had to do at school that day; The eldest quickly made her way to the taiwanesse and started to walk right next to her, placing her hand on her back gently which had Shuhua looking at her, her frown replaced with confusion and then back to being grumpy once she noticed Miyeon. 

 

"What?" 

 

"Can we talk?" She asked as they made their way across the students. "I know you don't have practice today so don't try to escape from me," Half of the seniors from the team had exams that afternoon so practice ended up getting canceled since they didn't have enough people to show up.

 

"How do you even know my schedule?"

 

"Minnie."

 

"That traitor" The younger mumbled, annoyed as she let Miyeon hold the back of her jacket and guide her to one of the empty classrooms. "Is this gonna take too long? I still have other stuff to do" She made her way to one of the chairs and sat down while Miyeon did the same, sitting right in front of her. 

 

"I'm going to ask this once and I want… No, I demand you to be honest with me" Shuhua kept a straight face at those words but her heart started to race like crazy at whatever those words might mean, she had a lot of secrets and sentences like that were enough to make her worried.

 

"You're not threatening at all" She mocked, trying to ease the odd tension that started to appear between them. "What do you want? I'm not going to buy christmas gifts for your parents with you again so don't-" 

 

"Are you and Soojin dating?" She asked right away, there was no need to not be direct, people were talking and Miyeon was starting to suspect something was going on between them for a while now, It was all over Soojin's face too. Honey drips from her eyes everytime she looks at Shuhua.  

 

"What?" It's all Shuhua could ask, there was this feeling of relief that Miyeon wasn't talking about anything that she wanted to hide but also confusion and surprise by her question. "Me and Soojin? Dating? Of course not" 

 

Miyeon frowned. 

 

"...That's not how it looks like"

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

Miyeon stood up, and Shuhua looked up confused yet again. 

 

"Why are you acting like that with her then?" The older girl asked, starting to feel annoyed. "If you two are not dating then what's with all the flirting-"

 

"It's nothing serious, it's just a joke-"

 

"Don't joke like that with Soojin" Shuhua quickly shut up once she heard her stern tone. Most of the time Miyeon's silliness always kept Shuhua from actually respecting the fact that she's older. Miyeon never really tried to use that type of authority between them, since she always wanted Shuhua to see her as a loyal friend like she does with Minnie and Yuqi, until now and Shuhua doesn't know how to act. "You're leading her on"

 

She hated being scolded like a child but she kept her words to herself as Miyeon talked. 

 

"You shouldn't behave like that when you don't mean anything by it. You'll make her confused" The girl said while all Shuhua could do was look down. "Seriously…" She didn't want to be mean or too harsh with the younger but Soojin was her friend first and she couldn't just stand there and watch her walk straight into a heartbreak, especially if she can do something to avoid it. "If there's no meaning behind your words and actions then stop it" 

 

"Does she like me?" Shuhua then asked, with her arms crossed as she avoided looking at Miyeon who could only sigh at how oblivious the taiwanesse could be. 

 

"You should ask her that yourself" It wasn't her place to tell in the first place, she was just making sure her friend wouldn't get hurt by Shuhua's mixed signals. "Soojin is sweet, you shouldn't play with her like that."

 

"... I'm sorry, Miyeon"

 

"Apologize to her, not to me"

 

Shuhua sigh but nods, not wanting to argue any further with Miyeon.

 

.




.




.



The first thing she felt when she entered the basketball court was Minnie's arms around her waist which had Shuhua automatically wrapping her arms around her shoulders for balance as the thai jumped around while going in circles, laughing like crazy. 

 

"This is the best day ever!" Minnie exclaims, between laughs as she spins around with Shuhua.

 

Shuhua laughed. "Yeah!!…" She replied, excited then she looked around in confusion. "...Why are we jumping and celebrating?" She finally asked which made Minnie stop for a second as she realized she didn't exactly explain what was going on before grabbing the younger like this. "Are you crazy?" she then finally asked, making the thai laugh before letting her go.

 

"My parents are coming for christmas!" 

 

One thing that always surprised Shuhua about Minnie was the fact she have been living alone for a while now since her parents came back to thailand to take care of family business but Minnie herself didn't wanted to leave her friends behind so she end up staying, Shuhua was surprised her parents allowed her to do that and now they're coming over o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter