Chapter 03

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How could you betray me like this?!" Miyeon asks, staring at Minnie in pure disbelief, one hand over her chest as she stared at her girlfriend, Minnie tried to speak but was interrupted "And with Shuhua of all people! You know how I consider her our first child!" 

 

"I couldn't help it!" Minnie said.

 

"It was just a one time thing, get over it" Shuhua said from her seat. "Also I'm not your child. We talked about this" 

 

"Get over it?! After you two break my heart like this?!"

 

Soojin stares at the scene in confusion as she sits down by the table and leans towards Yuqi and Soyeon in silence before asking.

 

"What's going on?" 

 

Soyeon stares at the blonde. "Minnie and Shuhua killed Miyeon on Among Us"

 

"Oh" 

 

They watched as Minnie was showering a grumpy Miyeon with kisses as she apologized for "killing" her after saying she, and Shuhua, was innocent; As for Shuhua, the girl was reading something in a paper, so focused she didn't even bothered making her daily mean comments to Soojin when she sit down to eat together and so the table was unusually quiet, ignoring the lovey dovey couple near them.

 

"Can you two stop?" Yuqi asks, Looking at Miyeon and Minnie "We're trying to eat"

 

"You guys have no respect for our love" Minnie said, still hugging Miyeon who has her arm wrapped around the girl's shoulder. "You'll be just like us when you start dating"

 

"Ha!" Soojin laughs "I doubt I'll be like Miyeon" She said, noticing how the older looks offended "You can't have a conversation without finding a way to shove Minnie's name in it" She accused "I don't see myself doing that at all" 

 

"Someone will need to deal with your terrible personality if they want to date you" Shuhua comments without moving her eyes from what she's reading. "I seriously pity whoever decides they want you of all people to be their girlfriend"

 

"I pity the person who has to smell your hair everyday" Soojin said back, but the girl didn't reply and so the cheerleader frowned at the silence "Hey!"

 

"Huh?" Shuhua looks up "You said something?"

 

That annoyed her even more than if she had said another snarky comeback, Soojin believes that the girl had to be doing that on purpose, she wasn't going to believe those big eyes filled with fake innocence. 

 

"What are you reading?" Yuqi asks before Soojin can say anything. 

 

"I'm preparing for my audition so I'm reading the script!" The girl said with a big smile. "Oh, Yuqi! Act with me"

 

"No, No way!" The chinese girl quickly backed away "Not after last time!"

 

"Come on that was in middle school!" Shuhua insisted "When will you let it go?"

 

"What happened last time?" Soojin asked, curious and everyone stared at Shuhua waiting for answers. 

 

"Yuqi is sensitive-"

 

"I'm not! You're the one who was way into the character!" She looks at the group "I was supposed to help her with a fight scene and when it was time for her to be angry, she screamed at me, like actually yelled at me and-"

 

"Yuqi stared at me for a long 10 seconds," Shuhua said, then laughed as she started to remember. "then she started to cry" Soyeon and Soojin both covered their mouths to stop themselves from laughing as they pictured little Yuqi in tears over a fake fight. Meanwhile Miyeon and Minnie were having the time of their life and wouldn't stop laughing.

 

"That's not funny! I was caught off guard"

 

"I had to hug her and remind her that it wasn't a real fight" Shuhua pointed out between laughs, she pats Yuqi's back who slaps her hand away before crossing her arms, now getting grumpy. Soyeon reaches for the girl and squeezes her cheek.

 

"You're so cute!" Soyeon said, laughing even more when the younger moved away complaining she wasn't cute.

 

“I’m sure you’ll do great in your auditions, Shuhua” Miyeon said, looking at the girl like a proud mother, meanwhile Shuhua quickly looked away, she was never capable of holding Miyeon's gaze when she looked at her like that. "Won't she, babe?" She turns to Minnie who nods, looking just as proud. 

 

"If you want helping acting, I'm available" It was Soyeon who said "Since Yuqi is so sensitive"

 

"Hey!" The girl complained.

 

"You guys are babying her too much," Soojin finally said, calmly eating. "It's a school play, Shuhua doesn't deserve that much praise" 

 

Miyeon chuckles and the blonde looks at her.

 

"What?" 

 

"I think you're jealous SooSoo-" The older poked her cheek and the younger quickly slapped her hand away. "Jealous you're not the baby of the group anymore" 

 

"I'm not-"

 

"When is Soojin not jealous of me" Shuhua said, the script put aside and now her attention was all on the cheerleader, who groaned. "Honestly, it's getting obvious, either you want me or you want to be me" 

 

"The day a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter