Chapter 48

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2016

 

Shuhua held Minnie's arm tighter as they made their way across the sea of students, the younger looked nervous as it was her first christmas event at school, Only Minnie was available to stay with her but even then the taiwanesse was worried she was bothering the other girl; Minnie looked funny with her puffy green coat and beanie with reindeer horns attached to it meanwhile the taiwanesse was wearing a long black coat that had the thai chuckling because it looked far bigger than Shuhua's tiny body. No need to mention how Mrs. Yeh had decided to sew her initials inside of it just in case she lost it. 

 

"Stop asking if I'm having fun" Minnie said one more time as she looked at Shuhua. "We're friends. Of course I'm having fun with you" 

 

The other nodded even if she had her doubts, it was weird to think someone older than her would like being around her; They have met at the start of the year and Shuhua was still having a hard time believing someone besides Yuqi actually liked and wanted to be friends with her. 

 

"Let's go see Yuqi" Shuhua then said and Minnie nodded as she looked around a bit and saw Yuqi in the middle of the crowd. 

 

"Oh my god-"

 

"What?" Shuhua asked, too small to see above the crowd.

 

They walked a bit further, just enough for Shuhua to see Yuqi giving a polar bear plushie to a student while stuck on some ridiculous Olaf outfit. Minnie started to laugh while Shuhua covered to keep herself from bursting into laughter as well, however Minnie's laugh was enough to catch the chinese girl's attention and so once she noticed them Yuqi angrily stomped her foot on the floor.

 

"What are you two doing here?!" 

 

"Yuqi! Treat the customers well-" The girl behind the chinese girl warned and Yuqi groaned.

 

"They are not customers. They are here to annoy me" 

 

"You look so adorable," Minnie teased. "If i knew, Shuhua and I would've dressed up as Anna and Elsa" She said and Shuhua chuckled behind her hand. 

 

"Buy something or leave" It's all Yuqi said, crossing her arms. Sadly she was stuck with helping on the christmas event instead of hanging out with Shuhua and Minnie, on the bright side it was for charity so the embarrassment of wearing this outfit was worth it in the end.

 

"Fine, Fine-" Minnie said, reaching for her wallet inside her jacket meanwhile Shuhua just stared at her.

 

"I didn't bring any money"

 

"It's ok, I'll pay for you," Minnie said and before Shuhua could say anything, the older girl held her finger up. "Ah! no complaining. I'm your unnie."

 

"Fine" Shuhua rolled her eyes and watched as Minnie bought some gloves with snowy mountain patterns for herself and one of the polar bear plushies for Shuhua.

 

"You can even give this to that one girl you like" The older suggested, smirking and Shuhua looked at her with wide eyes as her ears started to turn pink.

 

"Unnie!" Minnie laughed at her reaction. Meanwhile Yuqi frowned.

 

"Shuhua, You're liking someone?" She asked and Shuhua glared at Minnie who shrugged, having no idea she didn’t tell Yuqi about it. “How come you two are already sharing secrets?” She asked in that tone that indicates that she was starting to get upset.

 

“I was going to tell you, I just happened to tell Minnie-Unnie first,” Shuhua said, knowing Yuqi was sensitive about this kind of thing. “It’s nothing serious, really” She said before the girl behind Yuqi told her to keep doing her job and so the chinese girl just groaned before turning back and ignoring them.

 

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have said anything,” Minnie apologized.

 

“No, It’s not your fault.” The younger said before they walked away to the other booths, seeing what else was there for them to do.

 

.




.




.

 

“I wish we were the ones in charge of the games” Soojin complained with her hands on her hips as she looked at Soyeon. “It’s way better than standing here selling hot chocolate in those ridiculous outfits” 

 

“Listen, you cannot complain about the outfits,” Soyeon replied. “I was forced to be dressed like a reindeer and you-”

 

They heard a whistle and Soojin rolled her eyes before turning around and seeing Minnie who was leaning over their booth with a smile.

 

“Hey girls!” She said before looking at Soojin who walked towards her with the same bored expression of always. “Seo Soojin, you in this Mrs. Claus outfit is making me wanna end up in the naughty list” She said with a smirk while the red haired leaned over in front of Minnie as well. 

 

"If you're in the naughty list then I shouldn't be so nice-"

 

"Hey" Soyeon called. "This is a food booth not a flirting one," She said and Minnie laughed before Soojin pushed her away laughing as well, eyes then noticing the younger girl standing behind Minnie; She had talked with Shuhua about 5 times in the whole year, she was a really sweet and shy girl that was either following Minnie or Yuqi around, she didn't know much about her besides the fact she was a foreign and some weirdos were maki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter