Chapter 16

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Please, look forward." Yuqi said. "Drive slowly"

 

"I don't wanna die yet" Soojin added with a smirk as she watches Miyeon trying not to get frustrated.

 

It was a chaotic ride to Shuhua's house after class, Minnie and Yuqi kept on teasing Miyeon's driving skills, Soojin joining them once in a while so the car isn't filled with awkward silence as Soyeon and Yuqi are sitting together in the backseat with Minnie who seemed to feel the tension between the younger duo. 

 

"Miyeon, we still need to get married in the future so slow down" It was Minnie this time. 

 

"Stop distracting me!" The elder of the group complained as the others laughed. "I'm already worried enough"

 

"why? I already said Shuhua was fine" Soojin said she looks out the window to the houses passing by. 

 

"I still worry. She's like the little sister I never had!" 

 

Soojin frowns. "You said I was like the little sister you never had"

 

Minnie giggles. "There you go, love. You triggered Soojin's jealousy" 

 

"I'm not jealous!"

 

"Just keep looking forward unnie!" Soyeon said, worried their bickering would make Miyeon actually crash the car; Meanwhile Soojin and Minnie kept on 'arguing' about the cheerleader's supposed jealousy.

 

They arrived at the taiwanese's house after a few minutes of bickering inside the car and Soojin threatened to throw Minnie out of the window while Miyeon tried to get them to be quiet, they were so loud without their youngest she could only imagine the volume once they were speaking to her.

 

Yuqi was the one who knocked at the door while the unnies awkwardly stayed behind, waiting for someone to come out; Then a woman opened the door and smiled as soon as she saw Yuqi, pinching her cheeks as she said something in mandarin, meanwhile the others tried not to laugh at how the younger's cheeks turned pink at the action, especially as her unnies were watching. 

 

They made her way inside as the woman told them Shuhua was in her room, resting in bed, Soojin looked around in curiosity. There's a lot of pictures around, most of them with Shuhua as a child, she hears Minnie gasps and when she looks at her, she sees the older one pointing at the picture on the wall. 

 

"Yuqi! Is this you?" Soojin asked, trying not to laugh at the two kids, Shuhua and Yuqi, holding hands as they are dressed in their school uniforms while looking at the camera with their big smiles. "Oh my, You two look adorable"

 

"They would always make their way to school and back home holding hands" She heard Shuhua's mom say and Soojin smiled as she tried to picture that. It was really adorable.

 

"Auntie, don't say that!" They laugh at Yuqi's whine. 

 

"Why do I hear whining?" They heard Shuhua's voice coming from upstairs. "Yuqi is this you?"

 

They laugh before making their way to the girl's room, finding her in bed while writing something on her notebook, which nade Soojin perk up in curiosity as she watched the younger quickly close it before placing it under herself as Miyeon made her way to the bed, sitting at her side and proceeding to hug her a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter