Chapter 27

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2017

 

She was late that one morning.

 

Shuhua wasn't the type to wake up late but that morning her alarm just decided to have a 20 minutes delay for some odd reason; It never did that but it decided to that one specific morning; It was still Winter, the streets still covered in snow and ice is what kept the taiwanesse from sprinting her way to school, and as punishment for not waking up early on her own her father had refuse to give her a ride, something about being responsible along a lecture, as she prepared her backpack in a hurry, about how she should leave a good impression at school. 

 

It was possible that she didn't hear half of what he was saying, but she'll worry about that later; Thankfully there was nothing too important in the first classes, but she still wanted to make sure to get in time, or at least 5 minutes later. No more than that; She made sure to send a congratulation text to Minnie as soon as she got into the school's parking lot, the coach was going to pick a new captain for the basketball team and rumours pointed to Minnie as the best pick and Shuhua had to agree there was nobody better than her. Who else would be a good captain?

 

As she made her way inside the building, she was relieved to realize that she wasn’t the only one late, a few students also were quickly making their way inside as the snowflakes started to drop outside, a good thing about those winters days was definitely how they could easily use it as a excuse to arrive later than normal, as well as blame the sudden lazy mood on the cold weather, Shuhua wasn’t one of those students, but Yuqi and Minnie were; Those two were always up to arrive later or skip classes if given the chance.

 

Shuhua quickly walked in the hallways, still texting on her phone and not paying attention to what, or in this case who, was right in front of her until she ended up bumping into someone who quickly held her arm to prevent her from stumbling back. 

 

“Oh, I’m sorry!” She heard the other said and looked up to meet the worried gaze from the other girl. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yes, I am,” Shuhua replied as the older girl released her arm. “I’m sorry for bumping into you” She quickly apologized as she bows. “I should watch where I’m going” 

 

“It’s okay, don’t worry”

 

Shuhua’s following words were cut by the sudden appearance of Minnie behind this girl, smiling brightly once she spotted her younger friend, not really paying attention to who she was talking to.

 

“There you are! The teacher almost marked you as absent but I told him you got some ‘girl problems’ to deal with and you know how he gets all whiny about that kind of stuff-” She never saw Minnie shut up as quick as she did when she saw who was with Shuhua; The younger frowned as she notices the way the thai was suddenly nervous and she was questioning if she was blushing or not. "Miyeon-Unnie, hi!" 

 

Did her voice just crack? Shuhua thought as she looked from one girl to another, confused by the sudden change of mood. 

 

"Hey… I was helping.. huh" Miyeon frowns, realizing she in fact doesn't know the younger's name and before Shuhua could introduce herself, Minnie was already doing it for her. 

 

"Ah, This is Shuhua! My friend" The thai smiled as she placed both of her hands on Shuhua's shoulders, who felt like a dog being used to get a beautiful girl's phone number at the park or something. 

 

xxx

 

"That's it?" Soojin asked, looking at Shuhua from over her shoulder while the younger arched an eyebrow.

 

"What? You expected some super dark and sordid secret?" 

 

"No, but definitely something more exciting" Soojin admitted, Shuhua rolled her eyes.

 

"Whatever, let me continue"

 

"Ok, Ok"

 

xxx



For some reason, Shuhua didn't expect for Cho Miyeon to be such a popular student but then again she wasn't the type to pay attention to anyone besides Yuqi and Minnie; But it made sense so many people would like her, Miyeon was everyone's type; Beautiful and Kind. The perfect combo for everyone in the building and judging by the way Minnie couldn't look away everytime she walked by, it was easy for Shuhua to assume that Miyeon was her type too; She was a friendly girl, and the easy to approach type despite always being surrounded by people. 

 

So when the girl showed up in front of her class to invite her to the halloween party that would happen in her house by the end of the month, Shuhua was surprised but still accepted her invitation, after making sure she could invite her friends, while the older pats her head before saying bye and walking away; It was probably the first, both not the last, invitation to a party she ever received. 

 

xxx

 

Miyeon's house was  kind of big, But not as big as Minnie's house, but there was so many people in there in their halloween costumes -but also regular clothes- that made the place look smaller than it actually was and Shuhua realized how parties organized by popular people look like and she wasn't quite sure if she liked it or not, she would have to save her judgment to the end of this. 

 

After a few minutes of looking for Minnie, and losing Yuqi from her sight in the process as well as somehow having a bottle of 'special soda' that Tae-Oppa basically forced in her hands, she found the girl standing by near the staircase while looking at something that Shuhua didn't really paid attention to; She drank more of her soda, ignoring how weird it tasted and made her way to the girl who barely got a glimpse of Shuhua coming over. 

 

"She's such an angel" Minnie said dreamly and Shuhua followed her gaze and saw Miyeon in the living room talking excitedly with Seo Soojin. "I think I'll confess to her" 

 

Shuhua then made her way to Miyeon, ignoring Minnie asking what she was doing as she made her way across the people until she was in front of the girl.

 

"Miyeon-Unnie, There's someone who really wants to talk to you" She grabbed her hand before waiting for her answer, dragging the girl to where Minnie, who was already blushing, stood. 

 

xxx

 

"And the rest you know, they are now the most annoying couple ever" Shuhua said, finally manag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter