Welcoming Party

A Distant Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Yoongi went back to his apartment Ye Ri was waiting for him. She wasn’t that happy “...where did you go?....” she asked with her arms across her chest. Yoongi just walked in and simply answered “..my house...where else...” “..so you’re meeting your wife?....” “..emm...” he said in short. “..what did she say?...” “...can we not talk about this?....I’m tired...”. Yoongi walked straight to the bedroom and went to the bathroom. Just when he’s getting ready to sleep Ye Ri joined him in the bed. “....Yoongi...don’t you think we should make a welcoming party?....I’m bored not doing anything....”. “..I’ll think about it....let’s just sleep first....”.

 

The next day Yoongi went to meet s at their usual meeting place. Ye Ri didn’t go with him because she’s meeting some old friends. On the other hand Yoongi also didn’t want to be caught and reported to his haraboji. Technically he’s still married to Jin Ae which has been occupying his mind all day. “…guys…Ye Ri wants me to hold a party of my returned back here…what do you think?...” the members were silence except for Jimin “ are you inviting a lot?...” he said looking at the older. “…I don’t know…maybe some friends and Ye Ri’s friends..I don’t know…who she wants to invite. “…what about Jin Ae noona?...you’re not inviting her since your girlfriend will be there….will you?...” Jungkook said glaring at him. “…she will be understanding…she knows about Ye Ri…she can come if she wants…” “…what do you mean she knows?..” Namjoon asked in concerned. “..she saw us when we had lunch…she was just angry that I didn’t tell her that I was back..” “..and she’s okay with that?...” Namjoon added. “…I think so…” Yoongi answered in short. “..I don’t believe this..” Jungkook muttered underneath his breath and stood up taking a sip of his drinks. “…I’m fine with the party idea….” Jin finally spoke after listening to the conversation. “..hyung..can I bring my girlfriend?..” Taehyung asked. “…you can bring anyone you like…” “..I’m going to call Mi Gyung now..” Jimin said while taking out his phone. “..when do you plan to do it?...” this time it’s Hoseok was asking. “…may be this coming weekend…I’ll leave it to Ye Ri to arrange everything…”

 

Ye Ri was jumping up and down when Yoongi told her that they are going to have a party. “..let’s do it at hotel…by the poolside…” Yoongi agreed to the idea. A few days before weekend is coming,Ye Ri has been busy arranging everything. “..baby…I’ve invited about 50 of my friends..I hope you don’t mind…” “..it’s fine…” Yoongi said unbothered. “..are you going to tell your wife?...” she asked looking not so pleased. “…I’ll just mention it to her…she can come if she wants…”. “..do you have to?..” she pouted “…Ye Ri..please don’t make me feel really bad..I’ve been a jerk to her..you know that…please ..just don’t bring this up again..”. Ye Ri gritted her teeth and said “..fine!..”.

 

Yoongi returned home the following evening and caught Jin Ae was cooking some ramen for herself. The smell of the ramen made him feeling hungry suddenly. It’s been a while he didn’t have ramen. Ye Ri normally will asked for a pizza delivery or they ate outside. “….Jin Ae…” he called made the girl jumped a little then she turned to see Yoongi standing by the kitchen doorframe. “….you’re here…I didn’t hear you're coming….” “..what are you doing?...” he asked. “…I was just making some ramen..” she said with a small smile “..too lazy to cook anything…well it’s just me anyway…have you eaten?....if you’re hungry…you can..” she didn’t finish her words when Yoongi spoke “…you don’t mind?...” Jin Ae was surprised that he wants to eat ramen with her. “..it’s enough for two…I’ll heat up something else from the fridge to go with it…”. Yoongi sat on one of the chairs and wait for her to place the food on the table. “….help your self…I’ve put some eggs in it…are you okay with that..” she asked while in her head “..why am I being nice to him?..” “..no..it’s fine..I eat anything..”. Yoongi slurping the ramen and without realizing it Jin Ae noticed the man was hungry. “..here..eat some more…” Jin Ae scooped some more of the noodle and fill up his bowl. “…Jin Ae…I’m holding up a party this Saturday…if you’re free you can come…actually it’s.. Ye Ri’s idea…” Jin Ae lowered her gaze then said “…who else going to be there?...” “…all the members..and some friends…” “…I don’t think I want to go….” “..why not?...” “..well..I haven’t been to a party so long..I don’t have anything to wear…it’s okay…you just have fun..” she continued eating her ramen pretending not to feel bitter. Yoongi stared at his wife for the first time after leaving her for over a year. His gaze move to her face studying her features then to her lips slurping the noodles. His heart was beating faster than usual. “.….what is wrong with me?...” and quickly shifted his gaze to his ramen. They finished eating then Jin Ae said “…let me clear the table…will you be staying tonight?...” then she realized “..sorry..surely you’re not…”. “..I’ll stay …and I’ll be in my room…” he cuts her words. She just nodded then headed to the sink to wash the dishes.

 

Jin Ae sat in front of the TV just to watch something on it. She fell asleep on the sofa while the TV was still on. That’s what normally happened to her sleeping on the sofa until morning. Yoongi was knocking on her bedroom door when he found her door was opened a jar. He peeped inside and didn’t see her anywhere in the room. “..Jin Ae?...” no respond from her. He heard a small voice which obviously came from downstairs. He walked down the stairs and saw her sleeping on the sofa soundly. “..she looks beautiful even when she’s sleeping…” he told himself. He saw she was still wearing the wedding ring but as for him he has long took it off since he was in the states. He switched off the TV then turned to the sleeping figure on the sofa. He lifted her up and carried her in his arms for the first time. He realized Jin Ae is so light and he has no trouble carrying her. He laid her down on the bed then pulled the cover up. He removed a strand of her hair from her face then leaned closer to kiss her on the cheek.

 

The next morning Jin Ae was awake with the sound of her alarm clock. She didn’t remember walking back to her room last night. “..it can’t be…” she got up and made her way to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter