Divorce

A Distant Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a week after the dinner at Jin Ae and Yoongi’s home. Jin Ae returned to work as usual. The divorce paper has been signed and it was just a matter of giving it back to Yoongi then their marriage will be over. She has not heard anything from Yoongi since then. He must be busy with his work and his girlfriend. She wondered will he be getting married s soon as they divorced. She shook her head “..idiot..of course he will....” she muttered to herself “..yes?...Jin Ae ..did you say something?...” her co worker must have heard her. “..nothing....ignore me....I was just saying things...” “..don’t get too stress out Jin Ae....you’ve been working hard lately....” “..thanks ..Sang Jun..I’m just tired a bit.......I should be fine....” Jin Ae told the young assistant in her section.

 

...meanwhile at Yoongi’s office...

 

“..hyung...I’ve given the divorce paper already...” Yoongi suddenly spoke over their small discussion in his office with Jin. “...have you?...when?....” “..the day were were having the dinner....” the younger answered not looking but his fingers were playing with his pen. “..you crazy dork!.....no wonder she got drunk!...” “...do you think it’s because of that?...” Yoongi asked in surprised. “...everyone can see it..only you the blind one!...what did she say about it?...” Jin added after closing a folder. “..she looked calm and fine ...she just took it and will return it soon....hyung?...do you think I made the right decision?....” only now Yoongi looked up at the older. “....only you can answer that Yoongi...it’s your choice and feelings....how do you feel about letting her go?....” Jin threw him a question back. “...I know I love Ye Ri..and she’s all I ever wanted all this time....but whenever Jin Ae is around me ...I don’t know my heart race and I was always excited to see her....” Yoongi looked at the older as if looking for an answer. “....did you ever think of her ?...” “..all the time...!...I don’t know what I want anymore!...” “..give it sometimes Yoongi....don’t rush things..that will make you regret it in the end...”. Suddenly Yoongi’s phone dinged with a notification. It’s from Jin Ae.

 

Jin Ae : “...I will just leave the paper in the house...you can collect it anytime...it’s on the console table.....”

Yoongi : “...we need to talk.....I’ll see you later...”

Jin Ae : “..there’s nothing to talk....it’s best we don’t meet...”

 

Yoongi’s face fell after reading the message. “..what’s wrong?...” Jin asked once he noticed Yoongi’s face. “..it’s Jin Ae...s..she said the paper is signed.....” Yoongi turned to look at the older with a worried face. “...you got what you wanted Yoongi...why the sullen face?...” the younger didn’t know what to say. Jin walked to him and tapped on his shoulder “....you’ll be fine...”. Jin left after that leaving Yoongi with his thought.

Yoongi returned home that evening but Jin Ae was nowhere to be found. He waited for her in the living room. He glanced at his watch and it’s almost 7pm. “..where did she go?...she can’t be still at the office?...” the door suddenly buzzed opened and Jin Ae walked in looking very tired. “...you’re back...I waited for you...” Yoongi walked to stand by the hallway. “..I told you ..we don’t need to see each other...” she noticed the white envelope she left on the table was gone. “..Jin Ae ...please I just want to talk with you.....it wont take long....”. Jin Ae slowly agreed and walked to the living room with him. “..Jin Ae....I’m sorry that we are in this situation.......” Yoongi said while looking at his clasp hands. “..there’s nothing to apologize for....we have agreed to this from the beginning...” Jin Ae said without looking at him. “....Jin Ae...this house is still yours along with mine....I didn’t include it in the alimony because it’s a gift from haraboji and I will just let it be as it is....”. Jin Ae remained silence. “..you can still stay here as long as you want....” “..no...I will leave....” Jin ae was too quick to respond to his words. “....yeah..I understand your intention.....please do let me know what you need..Jin Ae...”. With that Yoongi left with the white envelope in his hands.

 

“....Namjoon should we go for a beer at the club first?...” Jin asked Namjoon as they passed on a club in town. “...do you think Yoongi want to join?....” Namjoon turned to the older man. “...let me call him...” Jin said while taking his phone out. “....Yoongi..ah....where are you?...” “...just on my way ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter