Dinner

A Distant Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi and Jin Ae were supposed to go to the company business dinner. He has a huge argument with Ye Ri “...I’ll try to leave early...I’ll make it up with you later...okay?...” Yoongi tried plead the girl who was sulking watching Yoongi putting on his dinner suit. “..I’m going now....” he said and bent down to kiss the girl on the lips. Jin Ae rushed down stairs while she was half way putting on her earrings once she heard the door was opened revealing Yoongi to pick her up since Ye Ri has moved back to their apartment in Gangnam. “..I’m sorry ...I was late from the office just now....” “..it’s okay...we still have time....” Yoongi responded and started driving away.

 

During the car ride Jin Ae sat silently while there was a song on aired from Yoongi’s stereo. “....can you turn on the volume..I like this number....” Jin Ae told Yoongi. Yoongi turn on the volume from his steering wheel. “....it’s big bang... ‘IF’...I just love Taeyang’s voice...” Jin Ae said with her face glowing with happiness listening to one of her favourite songs. “..I didn’t know you’re into big bang....” “..well you know now...” “.....you’re right....why don’t we get to know each other a little bit....at least later when people ask something we know what to say...” Yoongi suggested. “....let’s start from you first...” he continued “...okay my favourite color is blue….I like fried chicken ...emmm..I have no siblings....and you know my bff the three idiots....and I’m 23yrs old....” Yoongi smiled listening to her small introduction. “....as for me....my favourite color is white...and I like number 3....I love meat.....same as you I have no siblings…my parents are from medical background…..and I’m 27 years old....”. Jin Ae nodded the she added “.....will there be many people?....” “...maybe around fifty...mostly business partners....just stay with me...you’ll be fine...” Yoongi told her.

 

They arrived at the venue here’s the dinner being held. It’s at a luxurious hotel in Seoul. “...hello ..haraboji...” Yoongi greeted the older man while bowing his head. “...gentlemen...meet my grandson..Yoongi...” “..annyong haseyo...Min Yoongi imnida...”. Yoongi bowed to the other four men who were seated with the same table with his grandfather. “..this is my wife ...Han Jin Ae...” Jin Ae just bowed her head after saying “...pleasure to meet you all....” . Everyone nodded then Min Yoon Seok invited everyone to be seated when their dinner was served. “....as you all are aware I’m retiring soon....Yoongi will be taking over....soon there will be a board meeting for the formal handover...as for tonight ...I just want Yoongi to meet casually with our business partners....” they all nodded their heads and congratulating Yoongi at the same time.

 

The dinner went well and Yoongi was introduced to each of them. “...hello Jin Ae ssi....it’s good to see you again....” “..oohh..Kihyun ssi...what a surprise!....” Jin Ae was really surprised to see Kihyun at the dinner “....why are you here?...don’t tell me you’re one of the business partners...” “...that’s why I’m here....hello ...Mr Min...congratulations on your appointment....it’s good to see you again....” the man in the grey suit held out his hand for a handshake. “…please to meet you again Mr. Yoo…hope we’ll get along in the business well….” Yoongi spoke in a flat tone and in a rather sarcastic way. “..yes…sure Mr Min…who wouldn’t want to be in business with you…such a well known company…”. “…very well…I think I need to take my wife to meet the rest of the guests….” Yoongi pulled Jin Ae and wrapped his arm around her waist. “….nice meeting you again….Kihyun ssi…” “…you too…” kihyun gave a nod as a sign of politeness to her. “…I can see that guy is interested in you….” Yoongi snapped at her. “..it’s not like you would mind…”Jin Ae shot back.” He didn’t say anything instead just walked ahead of him to meet the rest of the guests. Just when they were halfway to meet another guest his phone vibrated multiple times. He took it out and saw Ye Ri’s calling. Jin Ae glanced from the side but didn’t say anything instead looking at her wrist watch which showed almost 10.30pm. “..I can’t leave now...the guests are still here...…” Yoongi tried to explain. But Jin Ae could hear the girl on the other line was screaming. Yoongi’s face turned red then Jin Ae told him “….just go..before things getting worst…I’ll be fine…”with guilty face “…you don’t mind?...I can ask Jungkook to fetch you….” “…no..that’s alright…I just get the taxi…”. “…okay let’s meet with haraboji first….” Yoongi told her. “..both of them bid goodnight to the old man and some of the guests before leaving the venue.

 

Yoongi noticed she looked cold in her sleeveless dress and quickly took o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter