Gone

A Distant Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Ae was awake at an unfamiliar room. The color of the room mostly dark colors. She was horrified and quickly looked underneath the blanket. She felt a relief because she’s still in her clothes. Jin Ae slowly got out of bed and her head hurts because of the alcohol last night. She went to toilet inside the room and still wondered who’s place is this. She noticed a new set of toothbrush with towel was placed on the table next to the bathroom door. She grab the necessities and washed herself quickly. She went outside the room and she can smell pancake. She saw a man standing infront of the stove then turned around with a plate of pancakes in his hand “....good morning noona!...did you sleep well?...” Jungkook greeted her with a wide smile. “....uuhh..it’s you Jungkook!...I’m so glad..h..how did I get here?...” she asked feeling a bit embarrassed. “..whatelse?...I brought you here..since your friends were all so dead drunk too. Hobi hyung took care of them with the help of Jin hyung and Namjoon hyung came to pick them up...then Jin hyung told me to bring you to my place first....” Jungkook explained. “...I’m so sorry...I shouldn’t have drank last night....I can’t hold my alcohol well actually....” Jin Ae confessed. “..it’s okay to drink sometimes....c’mon I’ve prepared some hangover soup for you....and here’s some pancakes too....” the younger man placed the food on the table carefully.

 

“..this is tasty...where did you learn to cook?...” Jin Ae asked “...it’s easy noona..I just google them.....” he laughed cheerfully. Jin ae smiled too and continued to eat the soup. After they finished eating Jin Ae thanked him. “..I need to go ..thanks for your help....” “....I’ll send you back noona...Jin hyung told to send you back....just wait for a second ...”. Not long Jungkook appeared putting on his hoodie and grab his car keys. “....what about my car?..it’s still at the club....just drop me there...” “..are you sure?...” Jin Ae nodded then they exited the apartment.

 

Jin Ae was at work when her phone was ringing. She saw an unfamiliar number and answered “..yeoboseyo?...” “..hello...is this Ms Han Jin Ae..” “..yes..it’s me...speaking..” “..I’m calling from the Yonsei Hospital...please come to the hospital now...it’s Mr Han Ji Nu...is in critical condition..he has a cardiac arrest earlier on....I’m sorry...” Jin Ae lost for words she quickly ran out of her office. When she arrived at the hospital she quickly asked the receptionist at the emergency. “..Han Ji Nu?..I’m his grand daughter...” “..he’s still in the room please just wait for a while until the doctor calls...”. Jin Ae waited until a doctor opened the door “...Han Ji Nu?...” “..yes.....grand daughter...” “..ms Han....we’ve done everything we can...I’m sorry...just come inside and see him...” Jin Ae already in tears as she walked in and saw his grandfather was unconscious and as the doctor told her earlier he’s not going to make it. His heart was too weak. Jin Ae held the old man’s hands “..haraboji...please don’t leave me..not like this....I still need you...haraboji...” she can feel the old man’s held her hands tightened but then slowly the grip loosened and the old man was gone. Jin Ae cried in the room. The doctor tapped on her back.

 

 

The day of the funeral was the darkest day in her life. She sat infront of the wake in her black mourning hanbok. “....Jin Ae...we are here...don’t be too sad..” her three best friends stayed by her side. Yoongi’s grandfather came to pay his last respect. “..Jin Ae..dear...I’m sorry for your lost...Ji Nu was my good friend....I didn’t expect him to go this soon.....please accept my condolence....let me know if you need anything...my dear....” “..yes..haraboji...” Jin Ae managed to say. “...I’m sorry that Yoongi is not here to be with you....I’ll call him later...” the old man told her. Jin Ae continued to sob. Jin the first one to come with Namjoon. “..I’m sorry for your loss Jin Ae ssi...I’ve told Yoongi about this....he’ll call you soon...” “...be brave..and we are always here...if you need anything...” Jin Ae just nodded with a small thank you she said to them. “..noona...are you alright...” Jin Ae saw Jungkook and she went to him and cried “..he’s gone...I don’t have anyone anymore….” she said in between her sobs. Jungkook wrapped his arms around her “...don’t cry..noona...be strong....we are all here to help you...”. Later Jimin , Taehyung and Hoseok too arrived as soon as they heard the news. There were a few of their relatives present at the wake. “..Jin Ae..” she’s one of her mother’s cousin came “…I’m so sorry dear….” Jin Ae put her arms around her and sob softly “…if you feel so alone..So Young can accompany you for a while….” “ yes..unnie…I’m more than happy to help you..” she’s two years younger than her. “..thank you So Young…I will let you know….”.

 

So Young – Jin Ae’s mother’s cousin’s daughter ( a distant relative ) but she’s quite close with Jin Ae’s grandfather.

 

Jin Ae was alone at her house sitting on the couch in the living room. She felt so tired. Her eyes were sore of too much crying. She felt asleep without realizing the living room was in darkness. She was only awoke when her phone rang. Without looking at the caller’s name she just answered it “..hello...” “...Jin Ae...it’s me...Yoongi...” Jin Ae’s eyes shot opened “..y..yes..hello..” “..are you okay?...I’m sorry to hear about the news....” Jin Ae heard his voice and how much she missed him. But she could not say anything instead she just cried and sniffed. “....don’t cry Jin Ae...you made me even feel bad right now....” he told her. “....I’m fine..thanks for calling....” she said while still sniffing. “..I don’t know what to say to you..I’m not good with words...” “..don’t say anything ....I’m fine...” “..okay then.....I’ll call sometime later again....okay…bye…” “..bye..” then line immediately changed to a dead line. She stared at the dark screen when the line was already cut off.

 

“…baby..who are you calling?...you’ve not been yourself since earlier…what happen?..” Ye Ri was nagging at Yoongi when they just had their breakfast together. In Korea it was already evening time that’s when he called Jin Ae. “….Jin Ae’s grandfather just passed away….” “…Oohh..but he’s got nothing to do with you to worry about..right?...” Yoongi felt so bad for Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter