Move In

A Distant Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days after the party everything was back to normal. Jin Ae went back to work and was busy on the new project. She was so into her work all day that she forgot about time. She stayed until quite late and only realized when one of her colleague spoke “..Jin Ae...it’s almost 6pm...you should go home...because everyone has left...” “...oohh..thanks Jaehyun...I’ll be going soon....” “..Okay see you tomorrow then...” the young assistant in her department Jaehyun left after that. Jin Ae packed her bag and exited the building. As she got on her car her stomach was grumbling. She didn’t really eat during the day. She decided to stop at a supermarket just to grab some groceries. She remembered there’s not much left in the house. Jin Ae was pushing the trolley and quickly grabbing some milk, juices , cereals and ramen. She went to the fruits section to get some apple and oranges. She continued pushing her trolley when it bumped to another trolley. “..oohh..I’m sorry..I didn’t see..” “..are you blind or what?...” the other girl said harshly. Jin Ae realized it’s Ye Ri “...yah!..if I wasn’t looking..you should try to avoid my way!..” she shot back. “..you dare to talk back to me!...” “..and why wouldn’t I...” “....Ye Ri...what’s going on here?...” it was Yoongi and he stopped when he saw Jin Ae. “..baby..she started it..she hit my trolley on purpose...” “..hey!..that’s not true!..” “..c’mon..you both stop it!...people are looking...Jin Ae just apologise to her...” “..I don’t believe it......nevermind...” Jin Ae was shaking her head and pushed her trolley past them. “...baby let’s go...there’s still a lot to buy...” Yoongi sighed as he looked at Jin Ae walking away.

Jin Ae sat in her car and just cried to the earlier encountered. She rested her forehead against her two hands gripping on the steering wheel. A sudden knock on her window. It was Yoongi. She open the window “...what do you want?...” she said. “...look..I’m sorry for what happened..I didn’t expect to see you here....” “..well you did...” “..Jin Ae..I wanted to tell you that Ye Ri is moving into our house soon...you don’t mind right?....” “..what!?...you gotta be kidding me Yoongi?...” Jin Ae was so shocked with his words. “...please…it’ll be just temporary because there’s some maintenance work going on..until then...she will move back ....” Jin Ae sighed then said “....fine...but only temporary....”. “..okay..I know you’ll agree...thanks....”.With that he left while Jin Ae watched his back walking away. “...jerk!...I hate you Yoongi...”.

So true to what Yoongi told her Ye Ri moved into their house two days later. “...woaa..baby..I love your house..it’s beautiful....why can’t I have a house like this....” “....Ye Ri...not now....c’mon you can put your stuff in my room...anyway..this is haraboji’s gift to Jin Ae and me....it’s not mine alone....”. The girl pouted. “…You can go anywhere in this house...except don’t go into Jin Ae’s room....she’s more than generous to let me bring you here....understand...and keep this in mind..this is just temporary...once the apartment is ready you’ll move back there....” “..clear as crystal...” she said while rolling her eyes.

 

Later in the evening Jin Ae returned home and saw Yoongi’s car parked in the garage. She pressed the code to the house and saw Yoongi and Ye Ri were sitting at the dining table eating some pizzas. “..Jin Ae...you’re back...” Jin Ae didn’t say anything. “..do you want some pizza...there’s still a few slices....” “..no..thanks...I’ve eaten....” Jin Ae walked straight to her room. Ye Ri smirked and continued eating. Jin Ae was actually hungry but just could not stand the sight of Ye Ri. She decided to wait till they retired to Yoongi’s bedroom. She glanced at her watch and it’s almost 10.30pm. She slowly opened her door there was complete silence in the house and the hall way already in darkness. She walked quickly downstairs to the kitchen. She went to the fridge and took out some left over food that she kept in the fridge. Just as she was about to turn around “....someone is hungry...” Jin Ae jumped “..you startled me!...” “...well...only just now....” Jin Ae was so embarrassed and lowered her gaze to the food container in her hands. “..please Yoongi...just leave me ....”. Yoongi walked to her and took the container from her “..w..what are you doing?...”. “...go and sit down....I’ll heat it for you...”. Jin Ae was surprised to his action. He placed the food in the microwave and heat it up for a while. He placed the food on a plate and served it to her. “...eat... I’ll be just here ....” he said while handing her the chopstick. Jin Ae slowly took the chopstick and started to eat. “...why are you doing this?...” she asked “...you don’t have to....” “....I should be taking care of You Jin Ae...but I didn’t....this is the least I can do...” Yoongi seemed to be enjoying himself watching Jin Ae eating.

 

“..I’m done…I’ll wash this…thank you for being here....you can go...Ye Ri might be looking for you...” Jin Ae told him with her back facing him. “...Jin Ae....” Yoongi called her which she can feel his present so close behind her “....just go ...”she whispered while her hands were covered with the bubble from the washing liquid. A sudden pair of hands holding on to her arms which made her turn to face the man. “...w..what a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter