Leaving

A Distant Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been almost two weeks since the wedding. As usual Jin Ae returned back to work after taking a few days leave. Since it’s not really a wedding both her and Yoongi wanted therefore they agreed that there’s no honeymoon. Yoongi’s grandfather did ask them why they were not going away for a honeymoon, Jin Ae was too quick to say she has a lot to do due to deadlines. It was logical for not taking longer leave due to work. The old man didn’t ask much because he knew his grandson can be so stubborn just like his father. As for Jin Ae and Yoongi they just mind each other’s own business. The normal routine going to work and returned in the evening while Yoongi was the same wen to his grandfather’s office and returned very late in the evening. Basically they don’t see each other much.

 

Jin Ae really loves her work and she wanted to remain working at the company. Yoongi didn’t argue since he would not care that much what she does. “..you can use the merc in the garage to go anywhere….just don’t crash it...” Yoongi told her and handed her the car key. “..it’s okay ..I have my own car..I can go back and take my car….” “…don’t be stubborn just use the car…technically it is yours since you are married to me….”. Jin Ae took the key and was about to turn away. “..by the way…get ready..I’m taking you out for dinner tonight…” Yoongi added. “…who else going to be there?..” she asked “..no one…it’s just us…” then left her standing in confused “..what’s into him?..taking me out to dinner?....what has he been smoking?....” she walked back to her room to change while shaking her head.

 

…flashback…

 

“….Yoongi..are you sure that you are leaving for the US without Jin Ae?...” the old man asked in concerned. “…yes ..haraboji..she wouldn’t want to leave her job…she loves her work …” “..but..you will be living far apart from each other…” the old man added. “…it’s not that long haraboji just a year and a bit…we can always video call or something…” Yoongi tried to be convincing. “..haraboji…please…you want me to get married..which I did…I need to do this course so that I can do better in taking over from you…you want me to be successful right?....” “..yes..of course…but I feel bad for my dear friend Ji Nu ..and poor Jin Ae has to live on her own…” “..she can go back to her house once in a while…can’t she?...” Yoongi felt tired with all the interrogation from his grandfather. “..alright then..but I don’t want you forget that you’re married…when you’re there…understood?...” “..yes..haraboji..thank you…” Yoongi said while bowing his head.

 

…end of flashback…

 

Jin Ae walked down the stairs wearing a simple fitted navy blue dress. It’s sleeveless and fell just above her knee. Yoongi stared at her and cursed in his head “…why is she suddenly this y?...!...” “..why?...something wrong with my dress?...” she looked down at her dress when she noticed the man was staring at her. “…n.no..you look nice..” Jin Ae smiled “..thank you…you too..”. “..c’mon let’s go…”.

 

They arrived in front of a luxury hotel restaurant. The captain of the restaurant greeted them and led them to a table by a glass window with a beautiful view of night lights of Seoul. A waiter walked to their table with a menu. “…what yould you like to have sir..Ma’am?...” “..I’ll have your sirloin steak …and I like it well done…” Yoongi the first to order. “..I’ll have the grill salmon ..please…”. “..any drinks sir, ma’am” “…bring us your finest wine…” Yoongi told the waiter. “..yes..sir…”. Not long the waiter came back with a bottle of wine “…this is our best wine in the house sir..” the waiter showed Yoongi the bottle. “..okay..that’s fine…”. The waiter carefully poured the red wine into their glasses “..please enjoy sir, ma’am…”. “..why are you taking me out for this dinner?…” Jin Ae asked. Yoongi clears his throat and took a sip of his wine. “…I’m going away soon…” Jin Ae’s eyes widened but she refrain herself from getting over excited but continued throwing questions at him “…where to?...we are going together?....this must be from haraboji right?...” “….to the US …it’s not from haraboji …and I’m going alone….” her face fell but she quickly planted a small smile “…ohh..that would be nice…” she quickly drink her water. Then the waiter came with their food. “..ahh..our foods are here…” Yoongi smiled as the waiter placed their order on the table.

 

Jin Ae suddenly lost the appetite but pretending to enjoy the food. “..do you like your food?...” he asked “..yes..it’s great…and you?..” “..yeah..I love meat…and this is the best…” Yoongi continued munching his food. “..s..so how long you gonna be there?...” Jin Ae asked stuttering “…maybe a year and a bit……” she mouthed “..oohh..” then she looked up “….will you be contacting me?...” she added “..sure…when I’m not busy…it’s not that we have feelings for each other…have you?....” “…ohh no!..of course not!...I don’t like you!...” Jin Ae quickly cuts his words then continued “…..you will do great…don’t worry…and make haraboji proud of you!….” Jin Ae said. “..haraboji has given me the full right over the company….we can divorce actually but I don’t want to do it so soon….wait till I returned then we’ll divorce in a proper way….just not to make things too obvious for our grandfathers….” She smiled at him with a thought “…I will forget him in time….there’s no room for me at all in his heart… ” she looked at him and blinked twice. “..no wonder he acted so nice…the dinner..wine..expensive restaurant…it’s all part of his plan to tell me he’s l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter