Adulthood: A Certain Je-Ne-Sais-Quois.

Crossing the Parallel Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Adulthood: A Certain Je-Ne-Sais-Quois.

 

 

Days become weeks; weeks become months; months becomes years. In the end Nari had not stepped back within the national boundaries of South Korea and instead focused on forging her way through the art scene in the West and making a name for herself.

 

Similarly, Johnny had established himself as a well-respected art therapist within the industry, remaining faithful to his initial goal of offering healing and comfort through art. Now that he was in his early thirties, Johnny had opened a private practice together with a sunbae from his doctorate days. Sitting inside his spacious office furnished with minimalist aesthetics, Johnny glanced at his watch before smiling at the wooden toad sculpture stationed proudly on his desk.

 

“Look after the office for me while I’m gone.”

 

Tapping the toad’s forehead with a finger, Johnny slipped on his jacket and left so as to not be late to his appointment.

 

・・・

 

Deciding to leave his car at the office, Johnny walked the short distance to his destination: the newly built arts centre. It was a project he was working on together with the local council in order to raise awareness and promote mental health through arts and crafts.

 

Entering the building, Johnny scrunched his nose at the lingering scent of wall paint. However his expression immediately smoothened when he caught sight of Taeyong waiting for him inside.

 

“Lee Taeyong,” Johnny called out to the younger male. “How does it feel to fly solo and open your own studio?”

 

“Scary,” Taeyong answered honestly with a weary smile. “But reassuring as well seeing as I have a best friend who’s bringing me such a huge project.”

 

Although Johnny knew how busy Taeyong’s schedule was recently, the younger male had a certain shine of vitality in him that was previously absent when he worked at the architectural firm a few years back.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter