Middle School: Detention.

Crossing the Parallel Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Middle School: Detention.

 

 

Nari blew a raspberry, bored to death at having to spend her precious afternoon in detention for pouring a bucket of water on some students. In her defence, she did so because those students were being mean to a stray cat that had snuck into the school premises and as someone who was unable to overlook such behaviour, Nari simply grabbed the first thing she could get her hands on — which happened to be a bucket that the janitor was using for his mop — and poured the dirty liquid out the second floor window and hitting the targets with perfect aim, allowing the cat the escape.

 

Seulgi had given a half-hearted attempt to stop Nari because she knew that the girl would get in trouble. At the same time, if it was not a bucketful of water, then it might have been something worse so maybe getting sullied by mop water was not as bad in comparison.

 

Nonetheless, with the cat gone and no evidence of the students harming the poor animal, Nari was the only one who ended up getting punished for her actions. Thus, that was how Nari found herself melting into the desk of the detention room, using all her self control to not rip her hair out for not being able to visit the newly opened ice scream shop with Seulgi as they originally intended to. Instead, she directed her attention towards braiding her long hair but gave up half way, leaving a quarter of her hair almost braided and curtaining her face while the rest draped freely over her shoulders.

 

The teacher in charge was dozing off himself and other students who were facing the same unfortunate situation were doing all sorts of things to entertain themselves. Sighing loudly, Nari fumbled in her bag and took out a notebook before ripping a page out. She forgot to check to see if it was empty or had notes on but she did not care much for that — if she needed notes, she could always ask Seulgi.

 

With her tongue poking out in concentration, Nari folded the paper until she managed to make an origami jumping frog. Her lips curled in a proud smile, satisfied with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter