Adulthood: No Escaping.

Crossing the Parallel Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Adulthood: No Escaping.

 

 

“Look at Doctor Suh looking all dandy~” Jaehyun cooed, waving at Johnny who had just entered the restaurant.

 

“Doctor-to-be,” Johnny corrected as he looked around them and noticing someone missing. “Where’s Taeyong? I thought I would be the last one to arrive.”

 

“He got held back at the company.” Jaehyun pulled a face while saying that. “Even though I finally got some time off and flew back from Hong Kong.”

 

“Just make him pay the bill, this way he won’t dare be late next time,” Johnny chuckled.

 

Just then, the door of the restaurant swung open and Taeyong came in wearing a shirt with a crooked tie. His eyes were heavy from fatigue and it was clear he had not had a good sleep in a while. Nonetheless, when his eyes landed on Jaehyun and Johnny waving at him enthusiastically, a bright smile appeared on hiss face and he walked over with a light skip in his steps.

 

“Yikes, corporate life in Seoul is not doing your skin any favours.” Jaehyun frowned, taking in Taeyong’s appearance.

 

“Not everyone has the luxury of working for an international architectural firm,” Taeyong deadpanned. “Commoners like me just have to it up.”

 

“Maybe things would be different if you were at least able to draw a straight line with a ruler,” Johnny snorted, earning a look of betrayal from Taeyong. “Seriously, you do remember how shocked I was when you told me you would major in architecture right?”

 

“All of us were,” Jaehyun interjected. “Nari especially. The time she nailed Taeyong’s hand was when he told us about his plans.”

 

“Even though she insists it was an accident, I do wonder sometimes whether it was her attempt to sabotage my career…” Taeyong mumbled, his eyebrows furrowed together in deep thought.

 

“Nah, she wouldn’t think that far ahead,” Johnny and Jaehyun declared in unison.

 

Exchanging looks of amusement, the three males burst out in uncontrolled laughter. Even though with each passing year the number of opportunities they had of gathering together lessened, it brought them much comfort to know that when they did manage to gather together and enjoy each other’s company, they could still bring out this childish and playful side.

 

When the sound of jest died down though, a sullen silence

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter