University: Untangling the Encounters.

Crossing the Parallel Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
University: Untangling the Encounters.

 

 

With Seulgi’s unexpected visit, everyone gathered at Taeyong and Jaehyun’s flat for dinner — Johnny included. Sitting on the floor around the low coffee table that was buried by pizza and half drunk sodas, Seulgi sunk deeper and deeper into the ground as everyone was dying of laughter. Jaehyun was the one having the most fun, clutching his stomach from how sore it was from all the laughing.

 

“She was covered by the bush!” Seulgi cried out weakly in defence. “Also I haven’t seen sunbae since… Anyway, I saw photos of him online with that hairstyle so…”

 

“You are amazing,” Jaehyun choked out as he tried to recollect himself.

 

In any other situation, Seulgi would be gloating over the fact that Jaehyun was complimenting her. However as things were now, she knew very well that his words were far from being the praises that she wanted to receive.

 

“I mean, I never noticed but now that you’ve pointed it out…” Jaehyun chortled, ruffling Nari’s hair while he kept his eyes on Johnny.

 

Taeyong who had remained mostly quiet tugged on Nari’s hair before also shifting his attention towards Johnny and his hairstyle, his lips curling into a quirky smile of amusement.

 

“Why are you so familiar with Johnny anyway?” Jaehyun nudged Seulgi, curiosity b from his eyes. “And why do you follow him on social media? Is there some kind of hidden past we don’t know about?”

 

At Jaehyun’s unexpected intrusive questions, Seulgi choked on her drink, unable to answer. This however only served to further peak Jaehyun’s interest.

 

“It’s because we went to the same high school,” Johnny intercepted in an attempt to smoothen the conversation and skip over the topic that Seulgi seemed desperate to evade. “That’s why she keeps calling me sunbae.”

 

Seulgi sighed in relief upon seeing Jaehyun nodding in understanding. However her moment of peace was short-lived because of Nari’s response.

 

“We went to the same high school?” Nari frowned.

 

“Yes we did!” Seulgi exclaimed by instinct. “He’s Taeyong’s childhood friend and best friend.”

 

“I know that,” Nari huffed, pushing Seulgi away. “But that doesn’t mean that he went to the same school as us.”

 

“I swear Noh Nari.” Seulgi shook her head in disapproval. “I’m taking personal offence. Don’t you remember? Come on I know you are bad with faces but this is ridiculous.”

 

Seeing Seulgi’s extreme reaction, Nari’s frown deepened. on her lower lip, Nari stared intensely at Johnny, then drifted her eyes towards Taeyong, then back at Johnny before settling on Seulgi. After what felt like an excruciating eternity, Nari’s eyes bri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter