Elementary School: Bandaid.

Crossing the Parallel Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Elementary School: Bandaid.

 

 

The bell of the local elementary school rang at 4pm on the dot. Within moments a swarm of overexcited kids were storming out of the premises, feeling the need to unleash their pent up energy after sitting inside a classroom all day long.

 

Nari had spent the whole day fiddling with her hair that was tied in two high pigtails. She was personally not a fan of such long hair but her mum insisted on keeping them that way and who was she to say no to her own mother? Returning back to the topic of school, just like the previous days, Nari spent more time colouring her hair with felt-tips than listening to the teacher, and after one whole week as a full-fledged first year elementary school student, the young Nari failed to see the appeal of school and sitting inside a boring classroom. She had no idea how many more years of this she had to endure, but she was definitely looking forward to the summer holidays.

 

Most of the students in her class had left together and stopped in the neighbouring park, spending some time playing together before breaking apart for the weekend. Nari originally intended to return home immediately but when she passed by the park, the sandpit was simply too tempting. A casual wave by a random girl from her class who’s name she could not recall — poor Nari had awful memory with names and faces — was all that was needed for her to jump right in and started sculpting a sandcastle.

 

Hidden a few feet away from the sandpit under the slide was a petite boy reading a book all by himself. He was also a first year but from a different class — not that Nari knew of his existence since she barely knew her own classmates — and failed to mingle in with the other kids.

 

“There you are Taeyong! I’ve been looking for you everywhere.” A boisterous voice yelled. “Let’s go on the slide.”

 

Taeyong had no time to respond and found himself being dragged out of hiding and up the stairs of the slide.

 

“Youngho leave me alone!” Taeyong protested. “I just want to read.”

 

Despite his protests, there was little Taeyong could physically do to stop the male from pulling him along due to their size difference. Youngho was two years older and naturally he was taller. However, he was also blessed with some insane genes from his father’s side and was therefore much taller than average. Taeyong on the other hand was one of the shorter males in his class, and thus the contrast in height between the two friends was quite a sight.

 

“I told you to call me Johnny!” The taller male chided while effortlessly pulling Taeyong up. “If you’re not going to call me hyung then at least call me by my preferred name.”

 

“Why would I call you Johnny?” Taeyong frowned. “You are Korean.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter