University: The Origin of Excalibur.

Crossing the Parallel Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
University: The Origin of Excalibur.

 

 

To unravel this tale we must travel back in time; back to when the main group of heroes was still incomplete, and those that were around were enjoying the carefree life of first-year students; back to when the urban legend of the ogre inhabiting the forbidden cave had just been established; back to when Nari still had long hair.

 

On an ordinary cold winter evening unlike any other, a group of hopeful first year students b with enthusiasm and joy were gathered in the studio flat of a certain art student. Four friends of varying background were together for an early Christmas celebration. There was fried chicken, beer, prosecco and lots and lots of shouting and yelling.

 

Usually the gathering took place at Taeyong and Jaehyun’s flat since it was larger. However this time Nari complained about having to talk back home after and since Seulgi was going to sleep over at Nari’s anyway, they decided last minute to shift the celebrations to Nari’s studio flat. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

 

Taeyong had even come over especially early that day to clean up Nari’s flat, knowing how it would be covered in wood debris and have dangerous sculpting tools haphazardly left lying around. Of course, while Taeyong was slaving away, Nari was absentmindedly sketching, waiting for Jaehyun and Seulgi to return with food and drinks.

 

Fast forward a few hours and there was a drunken Nari going berserk, venting her anger about a stuck-up second-year student who did not miss any opportunity to flaunt her seniority. At the same time, Nari had also gotten hold of her trusted mallet and was hammering away at all the empty beer cans she could get her hands on, slowly but steadily stacking them together to create a sculpture that resembled an athlete’s body ready to dash into a sprint.

 

Not wanting to get hit, Seulgi hid behind Jaehyun who in turn took shelter behind an irked Taeyong who did not enjoy having his personal space invaded. At the same time, the usually patient and demure Taeyong felt his ears aching from Nari’s incessant yapping and the irritating sound of the mallet comin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter