University: Fortuitous Encounter.

Crossing the Parallel Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
University: Fortuoitous Encouter.

 

 

Johnny had finished his first week being back in university and yet the mystical story of Excalibur and the wrath that caused it to be trapped in the ceiling was still stuck in his mind. He tried digging the answer out of Taeyong a couple of times but each time, the younger male remained reticent and unbudging, keeping his lips firmly sealed.

 

Walking down the corridors of university, Johnny was lost in his thoughts but came to a sudden stop when he was greeted by the bizarre sight of a mountain of wood logs moving by itself in a steadfast manner. Rubbing his eyes, it took Johnny a few moments to register the fact that the wood was in fact neither floating nor moving by itself, but was instead piled up on top of a cart that was being pushed by a human who was just too short to be seen.

 

Noting how dangerous that was, Johnny approached the cart without any hesitation. After all, blindly pushing a cart full of unsecured wood was simply an accident waiting to happen.

 

“Need help?”

 

The cart came to a stop and the person pushing it glanced up, her short hair that barely reached below her ears bouncing along with the head motion. Coming face to face with Johnny, the girl had to tilt her head way back in order to look at him properly and her eyebrows etched together in a frown.

 

“You’re too tall, my neck hurts from looking at you.”

 

A chortle escaped from Johnny’s mouth when he heard this response. Glancing at the girl, Johnny raised an eyebrow of surprise for it was none other than the wild haired girl; only that this time she had short hair that had been roughly cut, which was why it took him a few moments to recognise her.

 

“Sorry,” Johnny chuckled as he bent his knees to lower himself. “Better?”

 

Cracking her neck, the girl massaged her wrists as confusion flooded her eyes now that she took a proper look at Johnny.

 

“Do I know you?”

 

“I’m Johnny,” Johnny introduced himself for a second time, taking no offence in her inability to recognise him. “We’re in the cognitive approaches to mind and behaviour together. I sat next to you and we shared Doyoung’s textbook.”

 

As he said that, Johnny naturally took over the task of pushing the cart while making sure to walk slowly enough for the girl to keep up.

 

“Where to?” Johnny questioned, giving the girl a side glance.

 

“The art studio around the corner from here. I’m Nari by the way. And sorry, I’m really bad with faces and names.”

 

“Nari,” Johnny repeated, familiarising himself with the name. “What’s all this wood for? Are you building a secret hut or something?

 

“Mayyyyybe,” Nari droned the word.

 

“Might I have the honour of visiting when I need an escape from boring lectures?” Johnny mused.

 

 “I’m afraid it won’t be big enough f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter