University: Escorting the Ogre.

Crossing the Parallel Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
University: Escorting the Ogre.

 

 

The quick journey down memory lane had managed to bring back some semblance of sobriety to everyone involved. Taeyong looked like he was ready to throw himself into the river while Johnny was digging his fingers into the grass as he laughed to his heart’s content. Seulgi blinked slowly, finding her bearings again and suddenly took pity upon Taeyong though she still did not understand why reacted this way whenever anyone brought up Excalibur. Even Nari simply laughed it off every time — who arguably was the victim — just as she was doing right now. Shaking his empty bottle, Jaehyun decided to help out Taeyong for once and shifted the topic of conversation.

 

“We need more drinks and snacks.” Jaehyun sighed heavily. “Let’s play paper-scissors-rock, loser goes to buy.”

 

A few moments later, coupled with cheers of victory and cries of frustration, Nari was glaring at her two extended fingers. Somehow everyone managed to predict that she was going to play scissors and thus opted for rock.

 

“Gimme the money,” Nari grumbled in a squatting position, looking like a high school delinquent.

 

“What are you, a thug?” Jaehyun snorted while taking out his wallet.

 

Poking her tongue out at Jaehyun, Nari collected the money from everyone and begrudgingly separated herself from the group. She had barely left the grassy area when she sensed a large shadow looming over her. Glancing to the side, Nari caught sight of Johnny’s lop-sided grin as he was bending down to match her height.

 

“They don’t trust me buying the stuff by myself?” Nari raised an accusatory eyebrow though her tone was relaxed and held no grudge.

 

“Not at all.” Johnny shook his head. “Jaehyun was all too excited about having you doing the errands for once.”

 

“He talks as if he does it usually,” Nari snorted.

 

A comfortable silence blanketed Johnny and Nari against the evening breeze. Nari purposefully walked in a painfully slow pace even for her own standards, having decided that at least she would get some fun out of making Jaehyun wait longer. It was petty behaviour sure, but Noh Nari was not above such pettiness — on the contrary she welcomed it.

 

Johnny on the other hand made an extra effort to slow down his own walking pace so as to not overtake Nari. This resulted in his taking one step for every two steps the girl took. Any man with lesser patience would have stomped against the ground for the snail-paced walking. Breathing in deeply, Johnny glanced at Nari quickly before releasing the breath he was holding.

 

“I wanted to you on this lonely journey towards the unknown,” Johnny whispered using a whimsical yet dramatic tone.

 

Nari’s eyebrows twitched as she in her cheeks to maintain a pokerface. Tilting her head to look at Johnny, her lips curled into a haughty smile. Feeling playful, Nari decided to go along with the little game Johnny had started.

 

“But I’m the infamous ogre who’s wrath induces fear to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter