High School: Eavesdropping.

Crossing the Parallel Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
High School: Eavesdropping.

 

 

It was nearing the end of January and although winter was still far from being over, Nari had snuck onto the rooftop that technically speaking was off limit to students. However Seulgi had been hanging out with girls from her dance club more and more frequently, and although she tried to include Nari, the latter was not too fond of their presence as she had little in common with them. Thus she much preferred finding a quiet place for herself to read manga in peace and if that meant braving the cold outside then so be it.

 

After making sure that no one was around, Nari hid behind a storage box to shield herself from the wind and used her bag as pillow as she dived into the world of Naruto. Nari was not sure how long she had been lost in the world of ninjas and ninjutsu, however just as she was reaching the of the chapter she was reading, her ears picked up the sound of footsteps not too far from her, signalling the presence of someone else.

 

“Why are we out here?” A soft male voice complained, clearly not happy with being dragged away from the warmth offered by being indoors.

 

“You need more fresh air.”

 

Silence followed and Nari wondered whether they had left but to her disappointment, that was not the case as the second voice spoke up again,

 

“I’m graduating next month, you better make new friends. Don’t be a loner,” the male said in a rehearsed manner.

 

“Don’t you ever get bored of repeating the same thing over and over again?”

 

“Don’t you ever get bored of reading books in a corner of the library? You need more vitamin D, look at how pale you are.”

 

“What are you my mother?”

 

“I might as well be.”

 

Giving in to curiosity, Nari peeked from behind the storage box and squinted her eyes at the two males. Neither voices sounded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter