High School: Mountain of Jam Bread.

Crossing the Parallel Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
High School: Mountain of Jam Bread.

 

 

“I understand that it’s a thing for high schoolers to stalk their crush but why are you dragging me into this?” Nari grumbled, digging her feet into the ground and purposefully making it hard for Seulgi to pull her towards the gym.

 

“Because you’re my best friend and as best friend it is your duty to keep me company,” Seulgi declared, refusing to give up. “I’ll buy you a ton of jam bread if you come with me.”

 

“No need,” Nari mumbled in an uninterested tone.

 

By now they had reached the entrance of the gym. Loud cheers mixed with the sound of sneakers squeaking against the floor echoed in the air. Nari shivered, feeling the cold winter wind trickle against her skin and wrapped her scarf more tightly around her face, craving to be home and hide within the comfort of her bed.

 

Not long after they gotten into high school, a certain senior had grabbed Seulgi’s attention. Fast forward a few months and what Nari had assumed was a fleeting crush had become instead a full-fledged obsession — or so Nari called it though Seulgi begged to differ. Still, Seulgi had put up with plenty of her shenanigans so Nari decided to fulfil Seulgi’s wish, especially since the senior was going to graduate soon and there were not going to be many chances left to watch his basketball games.

 

Since this high school crush had no means of blossoming, then might as well live in the moment and fulfil all desires that are feasible right? That was what youth was all about right?

 

Swallowing back a yawn, Nari dropped in an empty chair while Seulgi stood slightly too close to the sidelines for comfort, hearts shooting out of her eyes.

 

“Isn’t sunbae so cool?” Seulgi squealed, pointing at the senior who had gotten her attention for the last few months.

 

Nari’s eyes followed the direction Seulgi was pointing, however she had no way of knowing which exactly was the person in question since all the players were running around after the ball. Strictly speaking Nari should have some awareness of what Seulgi’s crush looked like since she never failed to make a weird squeaking sound whenever she saw him around the school. But then again Seulgi never specifically mentioned his name or what class he was in, nor did Nari pay much attention. Furthermore, someone else on the basketball court had caught her attention and that was the point guard with a visible bruise around his eye.

 

The point guard was none other than Myungsoo — yes the same Myungsoo from elementary school. When he noticed Nari’s presence, he unconsciously touched his bruise, flinching at the stinging pain that followed. Nari smirked at the sight as she was the one who left that bluish stamp on his face a few days ago because he had framed another student for cheating in a test.

 

Averting his gaze from Nari, Myungsoo tried his hardest to ignore her. His concentration had flown out the window and that was impacting his performance in the game which caused a few players to gather around him in concern.

 

“What’s up with you man? Get your head in the game. Even Taeyong is actually trying today.”

 

“Did you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter