University: The Wild Card, The Wild Lily, The Girl With the Wild Hair.

Crossing the Parallel Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
University: The Wild Card, The Wild Lily, The Girl With the Wild Hair.

 

 

Hands buried deep in his pockets, Taeyong walked with his eyes cast onto the ground, letting his feet guide down the familiar path. Peaking into the art studio, Taeyong raised an eyebrow of surprise to find it empty. However, he spied Nari’s bag discarded in a corner, meaning she was at the very least still within the campus premises.

 

With one leg hovering across the entranceway, a breeze of mischievous wind trickling in from somewhere down the corridor tickled Taeyong’s cheeks. Taeyong unconsciously turned towards the direction where the breeze came from and felt himself being pulled along by the retreating wind. Walking deeper into the lesser frequented area of the art department, Taeyong came to a slow halt when he caught sight of Nari gazing out of an open window from the familiar beige walls of the architecture department standing proudly across the courtyard.

 

Inhaling sharply, Taeyong twirled around on his heels and dashed out of the art building. The wind whistled in his ear as if cheering for him. Skipping up the stairs two steps at a time, Taeyong stopped just round the corner from where Nari was standing, taking some time to catch his breath and calm his hammering heart that threatened to jump out of his ribcage. The mischievous wind returned in that moment and tugged him even closer towards the girl, refusing to leave him. A sigh of relief escaped from Taeyong’s lips when he saw Nari still there, leaning out the window with the setting sun framing her like a painting.

 

Taeyong made no attempt to hide his presence and Nari showed no signs of noticing him. However just as Taeyong was a few feet away, Nari naturally shifted her body to the side by a few inches, making just enough space for the male to squeeze in.

 

No words were exchanged between the two friends who more than welcomed the comfortable silence, finding reassurance in the hushed companionship.

 

The twilight sky was painted in an ombre of deep indigo fading into a fiery magenta. It was a mesmerising scene to say the least, however Taeyong’s attention was fully enthralled by the profile of the girl next to him. Not even bothering to hide how he was blatantly staring at Nari, Taeyong rested his chin in the palm of his hand, his eyes following the outline of Nari’s profile, taking in how her short hair danced around without a care in the world with each caress of the wind.

 

It was a magical moment, one that Taeyong wished he could capture in a photo and forever cherish in his heart.

 

“I’ll be going abroad,” Nari spoke.

 

Her voice was lower than a whisper, however it sufficed to break the magic and punch Taeyong back to reality. Mouth agape, Taeyong momentarily forgot how to breathe as he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter