Chapter Two

Can You Sing for Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You've gotta be kidding me. This place is amazing!" Yoona said and her jaw dropped. The music filled her ears and her heart was following the rhythm. "We're street dancing? I thought it wasn't allowed here," Yuri asked in a worried tone. Yoona could understand why she felt that way because everyone was wearing odd clothes. "Well it is, but that's the fun part don't you think?" Taeyeon asked.

"Come on, don't worry. It's fun," Taeyeon said as she hooked her arms through Yuri and Yoona and pulled them with her. Yoona looked over at the young people who wanted to leave their boring daily life. This was the first time she had come to street dance. The hip hop music broke the silent night and Yoona was a little worried about the loud music. 

Luckily, the place was under an old bridge and the only buildings around them were factories. "Do you like it?" Taeyeon asked her new friends as they approached the dance floor. Yoona and Yuri followed the girl, more like being dragged. Yuri was about to reply but Taeyeon released her arm and started to dance, leaving her and Yoona behind. She is something, isn't she," Yuri said. 

"I told you," Yoona said and she chuckled. "But it's fun, I like it," Yuri replied as she watched someone dance like a robot. Soon, another man came in and did some footwork and a one hand stand. Yoona clapped her hands with the crowd and started to move her body a little bit, following the beat. Suddenly. Taeyeon turned around, beckoning them to come and she took Yuri's arm.

Yuri was shy at first, because she had never danced in front of other people. She loved music and would dance secretly, but when she saw her new friends encouraging her, she started to follow them by moving her body. Yuri and Yoona were surprised when Taeyeon pulled them towards the center and she surprised them again by break dancing.

Suddenly, Taeyeon crouched down and pushed her body out and extended a hand towards her new friends. "Your turn guys!" she exclaimed. Taeyeon's grin and the cheers from the crowd broke Yoona and Yuri's stunned state. Yuri didn't move, but Yoona stepped in and started to dance. Like Taeyeon, the raven haired girl could also break dance. Yoona was great and had quick yet smooth moves.

She grounded her shoulders and stepped forward and backward. She popped her chest in and out before spinning her body. She let out a chuckle when Taeyeon whistled and the crowd kept encouraging her. She noticed that Yuri was still standing, watching them. "Come on," Yoona said and grabbed Yuri's hand, pulling her closer. Soon, they turned the floor into their stage.

They had just met today, they barely knew each other but Yoona really enjoyed the time with her new friends. Yuri did a mannequin dance and the other girls followed her. Some of the other boys and girls joined in and they did a group dance. However, when the music changed, the crowd's cheers and whistles increased. The other boys and girls stepped out, leaving them alone.

Yoona turned around and watched as two men approached the floor. The men were dressed in black casual suits and had a mask covering their face. From their scarf to their gloves, everything they wore was black. "Oh my god, it's the Men in Black!" Taeyeon squealed. "Will Smith is here?" Yoona asked, looking around. She turned her gaze when Taeyeon lightly slapped her shoulder.

"No, I meant them," Taeyeon said as she pointed to the two men dressed in black suits. "They are called the Men in Black, they are very famous here," she said. "How was I supposed to know that?" Yoona asked but Taeyeon ignored her. "I can finally see their performance!" Taeyeon squealed again and pulled the girl backwards, giving them the stage.

The whistles and squeals increased as the two men walked and stood at the center of the dance floor. Yoona wondered what made the crowd squeal and cheer for the two. She observed the so-called famous dancers before them. Their faces were hidden behind the mask so she couldn't tell if they were handsome or not. They had a slim body and had an average height. The two men wore the same outfits and had a different mask.

The brown haired man wore a black mask while the black haired man had a silver one. Yoona jerked her head aside as a girl beside her suddenly screamed in admiration. Cursing mentally, she looked back at the dancers, they had just started the dance. The men did their footwork, they stepped quickly before crouching down and spun their bodies.

It was a basic move in hip hop dance. They jumped and changed positions with the silver masked man in front and the black masked man behind him. The music changed and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter