Chapter Fifteen

Can You Sing for Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the final bell rang, Yoona took her bag and glanced at her friends. Yuri and Taeyeon nodded their heads and they headed to the gym. Then Sunny insisted on coming with them, so she did. It was getting dark outside as they headed towards the gym, then Taeyeon pushed the door open. "No one's here," Taeyeon said. "Where are they?" Yoona asked. Soon, Yuri and Taeyeon followed her, the light was on, but nobody was there.

"I thought that you wouldn't come," someone said. Yoona turned around and saw six boys approaching them, they were wearing sports uniforms. "I'm not afraid of you or your gang," Yoona replied. The boy smirked. "So we came here, what do you want?" she asked. She lifted both of her hands and caught a ball. "Basketball?" Yoona asked. "Don't tell me you don't know how to play. Oh, but maybe you don't," the boy said.

Yoona gripped the ball tightly when the boys laughed. She took a step closer and lifted her chin. "Challenge accepted, but don't cry if you lose," the boys said. Yoona clenched her jaw as the other boys started to cry, mocking her. She threw the ball to the leader of the gang and walked back to her friends. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Sunny asked as they started to take their jacket suits and neckties off. 

"They are the basketball team of the academy. They won the high school league this year for the third time," she said. "For real?" Taeyeon asked as she stopped loosening her tie. Then she turned to Yoona. "Yonghwa, maybe...," Yuri said but Yoona cut her off. "No we're doing this. You said it before that we will beat them," she said. "Yes, but with music, not basketball," Taeyeon said. "Wait have you played basketball before?" she asked.

Yoona scratched the back of her neck, smiling sheepishly. "Actually, no. I just watched it on TV years ago," she said. "What about you?" Taeyeon asked Yuri. She tilted her head aside before shaking it. "I've only ever watched it on TV," Taeyeon said and facepalmed her face. "Great, now this will end in embarrassment," she said. "But we can't go back now, let's do this," Yuri said and put her jacket and tie on the bench.

"Wait, there's only three of us. We need two other players," Yoona said. "Wow, there's a party here and nobody invited me!" someone said. "Tiffany," they said as Taecyeon, Tiffany, and Chanyeol walked into the gym. The president of the School of Dance glared at Yoona in a very unfriendly way. "I'm sorry, I called Chanyeol," Sunny said apologetically. She felt relieved when Yonghwa smiled at her and Taeyeon patted her shoulder.

"Thanks Sunny," Yoona said. "I brought your players," Tiffany said to the new boys, her gaze immediately landed on the taller one. Yuri gave a small smile before lowering his gaze. At least she had a reason to see the boy, she grinned inwardly. "I was busy, but this girl insisted," Taecyeon said and crossed his arms. "No you weren't. You were just busy disturbing Jessica," Tiffany said and turned to the boys. "Don't mind him, he's just kidding. Okay, let's start the game," she said.

Yoona took a sharp breath as Tiffany explained the rules. Taecyeon, Chanyeol, and Yuri would take forward while she and Taeyeon would take the defensive position. She took a deep breath again. Sunny was cheering for them from the outside court. Tiffany threw the ball up and the game started. Taecyeon jumped off, taking the ball. He dribbled while running towards the opposite basket.

It was close, but the shot was blocked. Yoona returned to her position, she tried to block the other player, but he easily passed her. Three points for the other team. Yoona rolled her eyes, she was annoyed when the leader of the gang turned to her conceitedly smirking. However, as the game continued, it was clear that they weren't going to win. The first quarter ended with twenty four versus eight. Eight of the points came from Taecyeon's three pointers and Chanyeol's two point shot.

The second quarter started and Yoona got the ball from Chanyeol. She dribbled the ball and moved forward, but someone blocked her way. "Nice dribble, huh?" a boy said. Yoona saw the leader boy, he smirked and gave a light nod towards the ball. She looked down and realized that the ball was gone from her hand. "But you'll need ten more years to beat me," he said. Yoona clenched her jaw.

This boy might be a good player, perhaps a hundred times better than her, but she was called stubborn for a reason. She whirled and ran after him. She could tell that he was surprised to see her. She stepped in front of him, blocking his way. He spun his body, but she quickly stepped to the other side, still blocking his way. He was taller than her, but she pushed her body up and slapped the ball away from her hand. However the next second, her body fell backward and she landed on the court.

"Yonghwa, are you okay?" Yuri asked as she approached Yoona who was lying on the court, holding her pack and looking like she was in pain. "That was a foul!" Taeyeon said angrily and approached the other team. "He did on purpose! You cheater!" she yelled and pushed the boy who shouldered Yoona. Tiffany blew the whistle, separating the players who were on the verge of fighting. "Okay, enough boys. That was a foul," she said and placed herself in between the two teams.

"Now..," she was about to continue, but her words died in when the door was forcefully pushed open. "Oh no," she muttered. "Well, well, well, look what we have here," someone said. Everyone turned their heads and gasped. "Jessica," Tiffany said. Jessica looked over at the boys and the presidents. She saw Yonghwa standing up with his friend's help. "Can somebody please explain to me what's going on here?" she asked and put a hand up when Tiffany was about to talk.

"Not you," she said. "Come on Jessica, we were just having fun. Right boys?" Tiffany asked and turned around. She saw the boys who were rooted to their spots, but still managed to swiftly nod their heads. "See, it's just a game," she said to Jessica. "During dinner hour?" Jessica asked and turned her gaze to the other students. "Because you broke rule number seventy two...," Jessica said, but Taeyeon cut her off. "What's the rule about?" she asked, but Sunny nudged her elbow.

"I'm just asking," she said and Jessica cleared . "Because you broke the rule, all of you guys will have to clean every single part of the gym," she said. "What?!" they exclaimed, even Yoona was surprised. "You're not serious," she said, she spilled out her words without thinking. "Oh, I am," Jessica said to Yonghwa, she had another punishment for him later. "You guys broke rules by ignoring dinner time. You could have gotten yourselves injured," she said to the other boys.

"If you want your dinner, I suggest that you start now. Nobody shall leave until it's done. Understood?" Jessica asked the boys. "Yes Jessica," they said. "Good luck boys," Tiffany said to the other students. She beckoned Taecyeon and Chanyeol to leave, but Jessica stopped them. "I said all of you," she said. "Come on, Jessica. Really? I was only the referee," Tiffany said and groaned when Jessica raised an eyebrow. "I shouldn't have come here," she said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter