Chapter Seventeen

Can You Sing for Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona pulled a handkerchief out from her pant pocket to dry her hands, she had just finished her morning class. Then she folded the handkerchief and shoved it back into her pocket. Then she leaned against the sink, glancing at her wristwatch. "Twelve, thirteen, fourteen," she counted. Suddenly, the men's restroom door swung open and four boys stepped inside. "You're sixteen seconds late," she said to the boys.

"You've come to drag me out again, right? Alright, let's go," she said, but the boys looked at each other in confusion. "Don't worry, I won't get you in trouble," she said and put a smile on her face. When one of the boys pulled out a black cloth, she stopped him. "There's no need to use that now, do we?" she asked. The boy looked down at the cloth before putting it back in her pant pocket. "Okay, let's go," she said as she looked around the garden.

She thought that the boys would take her to the president's office, but they took her to the garden where she had met Jessica before. However, the mentioned person wasn't there, so she decided to take a look. The garden was beautiful with pink, white, and violet shibazakura spread over the ground like a carpet. There were also roses that were still budding and will bloom next month.

There were several sets of metal chairs and tables in the middle of the garden and she noticed the food and drinks on the table. Curiosity got the best of her and she walked towards the table. "Who is this food for?" Yoona asked as she looked over the delicious food on the metal table. "Us of course," someone said. Yoona whirled around in surprise and found the student representative standing behind her grinning widely. "I thought we were going to the office," she said.

"Well, the weather is nice so I thought it would be nice here," Jessica said while pouring a drink in a glass and handing it to the boy. "I hope you don't mind," she said. "I..," Yoona said, but she suddenly stopped. She was surprised that she couldn't reply to those simple words. "No," she finally replied. She took her cup and gulped down the apple juice to cover her nervousness. She wondered why she was so nervous. "Good, let's eat," Jessica said.

Yoona shook her head mentally and took her chopsticks. She was about to eat, but Jessica grabbed her hand. "What's wrong?" she asked the girl. "Do you have any food allergies?" Jessica asked. Yoona shook her head. "No, I don't have any. Why?" she asked. "That's good to hear, you don't have to worry about anything. Let's eat," she said cheerfully. "Oh," Yoona mumbled.

She took the pork cutlet and glanced at the girl before her. "You're staring," Jessica said as she looked up and grinned. "Are you stunned with my beauty?" she asked. Yoona rolled her eyes and shoved the cutlet into . "Don't flatter yourself," she said and the girl chuckled. "Can I ask you something?" she asked. "You can ask me anything," Jessica replied. She chuckled when Yonghwa raised an eyebrow in annoyance. "What is it?" she asked.

"Don't you have class? I heard that student representatives have to take classes from all three schools. How do you do that? You also have the student representative duty thing," she said. Jessica laid her chopsticks down, lacing her fingers together, and leaned her elbows on the table. "Yes, I have to take all my classes, but I did all of that in my fifth year," she said and smiled at him.

She was happy to see that Yonghwa was interested in her activities. She thinks that it's a good start. "All of your classes in a year?" Yoona asked as she dropped her jaw. Jessica giggled and nodded. "No wonder you're insane," she said. The girl reached over to pinch her hand, but she quickly moved it away. She chuckled when the girl pouted. "But I like it," Jessica said as she let out a small breath and looked aside. "I love this academy," she said.

For a moment, Yoona just stared at the student representative, she shook her head and smiled slightly. "Weirdo," she said. A small tomato flew and hit her shoulder. "Yonghwa," she said. Yoona pushed the chair in and stretched her arms out, she was already sleepy. She watched as the girl cleared the table and put lunch boxes inside of the picnic basket which she didn't notice before. "Are we having a picnic?" she asked.

"Now you mention it, it is like a picnic," Jessica said while grinning at Yonghwa. "We should do it often. How about tomorrow, oh but tomorrow is Saturday," she said and sighed. Yoona rubbed her temple, cursing herself for giving her an idea. She was lucky that tomorrow was the weekend. "Maybe next week then. Just look forward to it, I will bring...," Jessica said, but Yoona wasn’t listening to her.

She thought of rejecting the idea, but after seeing the girl babble about the next picnic, she realized that it would be useless. Jessica turned to Yoona. "What do you think?" she asked. "Uh, good," Yoona said and nodded, although she didn't really listen to the girl. Jessica clapped her hands, grinning widely. "Okay, let's go. You have class, right?" she asked. "Yes, I better go now," Yoona said and turned around, but Jessica took her arm. "Let's go," she said.

Yoona mentally rolled her eyes, sighing in defeat. It seems like she can't stay away from the girl, no matter what she does. "Let me carry that," Yoona said. "It's okay, it's not heavy," Jessica said, but Yonghwa took the basket away from her hand. Jessica couldn't help but smile at his chivalry. "Thanks, you're a gentleman I see," she said. She giggled when Yonghwa rolled his eyes. Yoona regretted helping Jessica.

She thought it wasn't fair, because she prepared a meal, even though she didn't ask for it. Besides, she thought that it would be something a guy would do. They walked out of the garden with the girl blabbering of what they should do next time, and she would only mumble or let out a hum without having any interest in what the girl was saying. Jessica finally released her arm. "See you later Yonghwa," she said and waved.

"Yeah, don't show up ever again," Yoona muttered after the girl left her. She shivered when she watched the girl disappear inside the main building. "Shoot, I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter