Chapter Twenty One

Can You Sing for Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was afraid, but when you hold my hand I feel safe.

Yoona let out a sigh and stared at the ceiling. She was laying on the bed, but her eyes couldn't close, because Jessica's words kept playing in her head. Every time she closed her eyes, she would see the girl with drops of rain running down her face. Also she could feel those lips moving gently against hers. She kissed Jessica back. Although she knew that it was because of her disguise, she wondered about the feeling it gave her.

If she was only acting, why would her heart flutter whenever Jessica kissed her or looked at her. "Does that mean I like her?" she asked herself. Her eyes widened at the thought and she shook her head swiftly. "No, I don't see girls that way. I'm a girl and that means I should like guys. Yes, it should be a guy, not a girl," she mumbled. Then her mind wandered to the mysterious dancer.

After they got caught by Mrs. Song and Jessica, Yuri suggested that they shouldn't go to street dance for a while, so she couldn't meet him. There was something about him that intrigued her, she was shocked because she never thought about guys before, but that night he certainly sent a shiver down her spine. She still couldn't forget his attractive smile. "Wait does that mean I'm attracted to him?" she asked herself.

"What happened to me?" Yoona asked as she rubbed her face and glanced at her roommate. Taeyeon was deep in her sleep, if she told her then she would undoubtedly . Perhaps Yuri was the person she should talk to about this kind of stuff. "Hold on, since when was I interested in this stuff?" Yoona asked as she covered her face with a pillow and groaned. "Oh god, I hate this type of stuff," she told herself. 

-

The next morning, Yuri noticed that Yoona had been acting very odd lately, because she was eating her breakfast in silence. Yuri laid a yogurt spoon on a tray before leaning towards the girl. "Are you okay? You seem to have no appetite this morning, what's wrong?" she asked. Yoona fidgeted with her spoon before putting it down on the plate. "I'm just sleepy," she said. "Sleepy?" Yuri asked, she sensed that something was bothering the girl.

"Miss your girlfriend?" Yuri asked and laughed when Yoona looked at her in annoyance. "Sorry, but seriously, what's wrong? If something's up, you know that you can talk to me or Taehyung," she said. At the mention of her boy name, Taeyeon turned her head. "I heard my name. What's up?" Taeyeon asked. "Nothing," Yoona replied and Taeyeon turned back to Sunny and some other girls.  

"It's fine. I just can't wait for the festival," Yoona said. "Yeah, I'm excited too," Yuri said. "I wonder what kind of performance we should do. Maybe we should sing again like at the annual party," she said. "Perhaps, I don't know. That's why I'm curious. I heard...," Yoona said, but stopped when Yuri moved her gaze up to someone behind her. She turned around and was surprised to see the girl. Yuri and the other students quickly rose and moved to other seats. 

"Hi Yonghwa," Jessica greeted as she took a chair beside her and sat down. "Uh, hi," Yoona replied. Suddenly the large hall turned silent and everyone in the dining room was looking at them. "Great, now everyone will think we're dating," she muttered. "Hey, what's wrong? You didn't eat your breakfast," Jessica said. "Do you feel well? Do you have a cold?" she asked as she reached for his forehead but Yoona moved away. "I'm fine," she said. 

Now it turned noisy with whispers and squeals. "This is embarrassing," she told herself. She couldn't lift her head as a blush slowly made its way to her face. "Just ignore them," Jessica said as she sent a glare to the other students. They quickly moved their gazes away and started eating their meals. She rolled her eyes before turning to Yonghwa who was still staring at the hands on his lap.

Yoona thought about leaving the place, she couldn't stand the attention from hundreds of students. Before she could leave, Jessica took her wrist and pulled her up. She was confused when Jessica took her out of the dining room. "What are you doing?" she asked as they walked across the formal room, but Jessica didn't reply. Yoona finally realized that the girl was taking her to the president council office. "Let me go!" she exclaimed.

Jessica stopped as she stopped and faced the boy. She knitted her brows at Yonghwa's flushed face. "Yonghwa...," she said. "Are you crazy?" Yoona said as she cut the girl off. "You're dragging me out in front of hundreds of people. Who do you think you are?" she asked as she took a deep breath. "You kiss and hug people as you wish," she exclaimed. "Yonghwa, are you alright?" a worried Jessica asked when she noticed Yonghwa raging.

She reached for his arm, but he slapped it away. "Why would you care?" Yoona retorted, suddenly she felt dizzy. "I don't need your...," she said, but her voice died when blackness enveloped her. Jessica quickly caught Yonghwa's slumped body and held him in her arms. "Yonghwa?" she asked and shook his shoulder. She took his cheek and felt hot skin against her palm. "Yonghwa?!" Jessica said and panicked while taking her phone.

A couple of moments later, her classmates arrived and helped her take Yonghwa to the president council office because it was closer than the clinic. Jessica told the boys to call the doctor and they left. Jessica approached her desk and grabbed her bag and went to the sink to wet her handkerchief. She walked hurriedly back to the sofa where the unconscious Yonghwa lay. She kneeled beside him and laid the wet handkerchief on his forehead. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter