Chapter Twenty Five

Can You Sing for Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm dead, I'm going to die," Yoona muttered to herself. Taeyeon and Yuri rose from the bed when Yoona burst in. They approached the girl who looked distressed. "What happened?" Yuri asked, but Yoona kept murmuring incoherent words. "Whoa, calm down and talk in English. We're not translators," Taeyeon said. "Talk clearly," she said and Yoona took a deep breath. "My dad wants to visit," she said. "That's great," Taeyeon said, but then realization hit her.

"Oh, no! Your father wants to visit you!" Taeyeon exclaimed and Yoona groaned. "That's what I'm saying!" she said. "But you're here, and he thinks that you're in another school," Taeyeon said. "This is a big problem. We should do something!" Yuri said as she was in deep thought with her hands on her waist. "When is he coming?" she asked. "This weekend," Yoona replied as she slumped on the bed and held her head.

"He'll be mad at me if he knows that I'm lying and never entered the other school," she said. Yuri and Taeyeon sat beside the distressed girl. "We have three days left," Yuri pointed out. "What should we do?" she asked and then Taeyeon pursed her lips. "Wait, I've got an idea, why don't you ask Suho? I think he can help us," Taeyeon said. "It's the only way. Let's ask Suho tomorrow, what do you think?" she asked Yoona and she nodded.

"Thanks guys," Yoona said while Yuri and Taeyeon patted her shoulders. She hoped that Suho would help them because she had no idea, nor the courage to face her father. The next day, they decided to meet Suho before class started. Suho promised that he would help them since it was his idea to make them join the academy. Yoona trusted the man and left his office in relief. "See, he will help us. Don't worry about it, besides we have your back," said Taeyeon.

She took Yoona's shoulder and she smiled gratefully. "Thanks guys, I really appreciate it," she said. "Okay, now let's go to the School of Theatre building," Yuri said. Yoona nodded and they headed towards the white building. Today they had class with the School of Theatre students for the first time. A soon as they entered the building, they were amazed with the Renaissance style statues.

Sunny was waiting next to them beside the stairs and they headed towards the class. Yoona glanced over the students, she smiled at the basketball team and looked at the room. The class was three times bigger than the rest of the classes and it had a stage at the front. "Are all classrooms here like this?" she asked Sunny. "Yes, you'll see a stage in every room. Have you ever done drama class before?" she asked Yonghwa.

"I heard that this class is interesting and that Mr. Park is funny," Taeyeon chimed in. "Mr. Park?" Yoona asked, but before Sunny could reply, the door opened. A man with a bowl cut hairstyle and a bright red suit walked in. "That's Mr. Park?" Yoona aske and Sunny nodded while pressing her lips together. The four people stood up and bowed, greeting the teacher. Yoona sat back in her chair and watched as the teacher looked at them, clapped his hands, and smiled brightly.

"Love doesn't look with the eyes, but the mind. Therefore, the winged cupid is painted blind. Good morning ladies and gentlemen, What a lovely day today. A day without sunshine is night," he said and Taeyeon's claps of applause broke the silence in the room. Yoona turned to the girl and frowned. "It's Steve Martin's, you know," Taeyeon said, she was confused that no one knew about the famous quote, Yoona tilted her head in confusion. Yuri did the same, she was confused as well.

Sunny just giggled at their actions. They turned their gazes back to the teacher when he cleared his throat to get their attention. "Wow, most students won't recognize the quote, thank you, Mr...," he said, but Taeyeon immediately rose to her feet. "I'm Kim Taehyung," she said proudly. "Well thank you Mr. Kim," he said and Taeyeon sat down. Yoona pressed her lips together as she watched Taeyeon grin proudly. "I didn't know that you read books," she whispered.

 "Hey, I can read too, you know," Taeyeon said to Yoona and wriggled her brows at Sunny. "Anyways, I like this teacher," she said. They looked at her like she was a weirdo, but then the teacher's voice brought their attention back to the class. "Since today is a joint class, I would like you to introduce you guys to the essence of theatre, which is expression. There are many ways to express one's feelings with words," Mr. Park explained, looking over at all of the students.

"Gestures and facial expressions are very important. A great actor should be able to speak with their eyes," he said. Yoona listened earnestly as Mr. Park paced on the stage, explaining the importance of expression. "Is he always like that?" she whispered to Sunny who just nodded and giggled. Yoona looked back at Mr. Park and noticed that he was taking a book from a desk, now she was really curious about what kind of class they would have.

"So I need volunteers. Does anyone want to give it a try?" he asked and Yoona jolted up from her chair when Taeyeon suddenly pinched her thigh. "What was that?" she whispered. "Oh, we got a volunteer! Everyone give him applause! Come here gentleman," he said. "No sir, I...," Yoona replied as she shook her head, but Mr. Park beckoned her to come and the class was encouraging her. After sending a glare towards Taeyeon, she reluctantly walked towards the stage.

Mr. Park took her shoulder, turning her around to face the class. "So what is your name?" he asked. "Im Yonghwa," Yoona replied, trying to not glare when she saw Taeyeon giving a thumbs up and encouraging her. "Okay, and now we need a partner, a girl I wish, anyone?" he asked if Yoona couldn't decide if she was surprised or annoyed when every girl in the class eagerly lifted their hands. Mr. Park didn't help at all, he just patted her back. 

"Wow, we have many here, how to choose Mr. Im?" Mr. Park asked and Yoona rolled her eyes mentally. Mr. Park chose a random student from the School of Theatre and the other girls lowered their hands in disappointment. The girl stepped on the stage, smiling at her. "Mr. Im, I need you to read this poetry to Ms. Kim, think as if she is your girlfriend," Mr. Park said. Yoona dropped her jaw a little and heard squeals and whistles from the class.

Then she turned to Jisoo who was shyly looking at her. Mr. Park handed the book to her, giving her a nod. "Damn you Taeyeon," she muttered to herself. "Silence please," Mr. Park said to the class. "Mr. Im, three, two, one, and action." he said enthusiastically. Yoona cleared and looked down at the book. However, as she read the romantic poetry, she felt dizzy, it was definitely too romantic for her taste.

Mr. Park cleared his throat, telling her to start. She in a deep breath and read the poetry out. "I don't know how, or when, or where it comes. But when..." she said in a monotone voice with no emotion whatsoever. "No, no, no," Mr. Park cut in. "What just I've told you earlier? It needs not only words to express your feeling, but also emotion. Once again Mr. Im, with emotion," Mr. Park said and Yoona rolled her eyes mentally. "Easier said than done," she murmured.

She took another deep breath, trying to pull her emotion together, but it all vanished when she looked at the shyly smiling girl in front of her. "How could I? I don't have feelings for this girl" she said as she turned to Mr. Park who nodded at her. 'With emotion Yonghwa, you can do it, just pretend you're saying it to someone you like," he said. Yoona closed her eyes, imagining that she would read the poetry to someone she liked.

"I don't know how, or when, or where it comes, but when I open my eyes it is always you," she said with emotion. Slowly she opened her eyes and froze for a moment as it was the student representative girl who stood before her. Jessica was grinning at her with her hands clasped together and a sparkle in her eyes. Her brain was confused but the words kept flowing out from .

"I am not perfect, but if you want me I will be your best," she said with a small smile if her emotions were speaking for her. Jessica's grin turned into a warm smile and she returned the smile. "You are not perfect either, but I love all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter