Chapter Eleven

Can You Sing for Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm nervous," Yoona said while rubbing her palm. Taeyeon surprisingly nodded her head in agreement. "Me too. How do I look?" Taeyeon asked the two. "You look great," Yuri answered. "Don't worry, we can do it. We have to do this for our audition. This is our last chance," she said. Taeyeon and Yoona nodded and sighed. "By the way, I like this costume," Yoona said. They wore the same costume, black pants, dark blue silk shirt, sleeves rolled up, and a black vest.

However, Yoona was wearing a fedora hat, Yuri had a white rose on her chest pocket, and Taeyeon had rocker gloves, they were Sunny's idea. Soon, Suho approached them. "Hi boys. Ready to rock the night?" he asked them. "We're a bit nervous," Yoona replied. The teacher let out a laugh and gave a light pat on her shoulder. "Just think of it as an audition," Suho said and got a weak nod from the three.

"Actually, don't do that. Anyways, just enjoy your first performance. I know you three can do it. Good luck," he said. Yoona watched as Suho left and she turned to her friends. "Okay, let's do this," she said and Taeyeon and Yuri nodded. She took a glance at the stage, soon the choir would end their songs. She looked over the hall at the students of all the three schools of Saint Mary's Academy. Principal Eugene and the other principals were sitting at the front table.

After what seemed like an eternity, the MC finally called their name. "Let's go guys," Yuri said. After a sharp intake of breath, Yoona followed the two boys. Soon, they entered the stage and girls screamed their names. Although she was nervous, the excitement from the audience increased her confidence. The music started and they began performing a song from a boy group that recently debuted. They sang the intro of the song together.

Now Yuri sang the part while Taeyeon and Yoona were dancing behind her. As Taeyeon had said, even boys cheered for their performance. Then they exchanged the position, Yoona took the center and they sang the next part. Yuri and Taeyeon were dancing next to her. Finishing her part, Yoona stepped aside and gave the place to Taeyeon. She wasn't surprised when Taeyeon did her improvisations. The audience started to sing along with them as they almost finished.

Yoona sang the last part and brought a hand to her hat. Screams and whistles roared inside the hall, she bowed. Taeyeon and Yuri grinned contentedly at her. They bowed again towards the audience and walked off the stage. At the back of the stage, Sunny was waiting for them with a delighted grin on her face. She gave them a small hug and took them to their table. They met Suho and he gave them a thumbs up. Victoria grabbed them into a group hug, thankfully Sunny was there to save them.

Girls were trying to touch them as they made their way to the table. Yoona didn't really like being touched or hugged, but she couldn't help but enjoy the spotlight. She took a seat and smiled a little towards the girls at the other table. She looked around and saw the boys from yesterday. The leader of the group crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes. She rolled her eyes, she decided to ignore them. "Do you think we can pass this?" Yuri asked anxiously while glancing at Principal Eugene.

"Yes, I think we did," Taeyeon answered. "Everyone was screaming our name. That means we succeeded right? If we didn't, wouldn't there be something wrong with Eugene's eyes?" Yuri asked. "I hope we passed," Yoona said with an uncertain voice. She wished that the party would end soon, otherwise the anxiety would kill her. Suddenly, the hall lights turned off and the melody of a guitar echoed in the room.

The stage light and the student representative was standing on the stage with a long red dress perfectly wrapped around her slim body. Yoona, despite her indifference towards the student representative, found herself staring as the girl gracefully swayed both of her hands on her side and backside. The girl took her skirt, tapped her feet, and then paused. As someone started singing, she swayed her arms together.

"She can do flamenco?" Taeyeon asked. Yoona didn't answer Taeyeon's question, it seemed like the student representative once again captured her eyes with her dance. It wasn't just the moves, it was also her expressions. There was emotion in her eyes, it was like she was a different person than the annoying girl that she met three days ago. She noticed the girl's breath increased from her parting lips.

Jessica lifted her hands beside her and clapped while keeping the tapping, she held her skirt while speeding up her stamping and spun around. Yoona unconsciously leaned forward in her chair as Jessica spun around and suddenly stopped with both of her hands up. The hall once again was filled by screams, whistles, and claps. Oddly enough, she couldn't move and held her gaze on Jessica. It was for a moment, but she caught a small smile on her lips and the she looked beautiful.

"Whoa, that was awesome! Did you see that?!" Taeyeon exclaimed and it broke Yoona's gaze. "W-What...I...she..," Yoona said, but that was the only incoherent reply that came from . Taeyeon grinned knowingly at her and Yoona moved her gaze back to the stage. She knitted her brows as she saw that the student representative was talking to someone before looking at the back of the stage while Taecyeon was leaning on a crutch.

Everyone started to murmur when the dancer stood still while the music stopped. "What's happening?" Yuri asked. "I don't know, but it looks like her partner injured herself," Yoona said while referring to the president of the school of dance. "Yeah it seems like it," a voice replied from behind and Yoona jumped slightly on her chair. "Oh my gosh," Yoona said under her breath, but then she cleared as she found the principal standing behind them.

"Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter