Chapter Twenty Four

Can You Sing for Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't wait for the festival! Do you really think SM Entertainment will come?" Yuri asked Yoona as they jogged. "Well, Principal Eugene said so. I wonder who else would come. Sunny told me that Tiffany and the Student Council have already decided what performances our school will have for the festival," Yoona replied. At the mention of the president girl, Yuri immediately looked away.

"Oh, good then," she mumbled nonchalantly. Then Yuri increased her pace. "The winner gets two cakes for breakfast!" she said to Yoona. "You can say that again," Yoona said and ran faster. She grinned when she passed Yuri. "Yay, I'm getting cakes tomorrow!" she exclaimed. About half an hour later, Yoona and Yuri walked along the rocky path towards the boy's dorm.

Yoona took off her running jacket and wiped the sweat off of her face. She was about to turn to her dorm, but she noticed the lights of the president council room were on. "Is Jessica still there?" she asked herself. "You can go first, I'll come later, it's too hot," she excused. "Do you want me to join you?" Yuri asked. "No, uh. No, it's only for a couple of minutes so it's fine," Yoona said as she tilted her head aside and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Oh okay," Yuri said, trying not to smile, because she knew where Yoona would be going. "Don't be late. See you tomorrow!" she said. Yoona waved and after making sure Yuri disappeared into the dorm rooms, she jogged up towards the main building. She climbed up the stairs, thinking of an excuse. "I passed by and saw the light was still on. No, she will ask where I will be going?" she said to herself and shook her head.

"I want to say thank you, wait but I already said that yesterday," she said and kept shaking her head. "I didn't see you today, so I just thought of visiting you. No, it sounds like I miss her," she said. Yoona groaned and found herself in front of Jessica's office door. "Maybe this isn't a good idea," she said to herself. She turned around to leave but then she stopped before walking back towards the door.

Yoona took a deep breath and mentally prepared herself. She knocked twice and pushed the door open. As she thought, Jessica was sitting behind her desk. The girl looked up and smiled brightly as soon as she saw her. "Come in Yonghwa," Jessica said and Yoona walked in and closed the door. "Hi, I didn't interrupt your work, did I?" she asked.

"No you didn't," Jessica replied as she took the boy's arm and pulled him towards the sofa. "What are you doing here?" she asked. Yoona sat down on the sofa, her palms rubbed against her thighs. "I-I saw the light still on," Yoona honestly replied and noticed textbooks on the meeting desk."Do you always stay here late?" she asked. "Oh, are you worried about me now?" Jessica teased.

Yoona rolled her eyes slightly, but smiled. "Well, yes, sometimes until midnight," she said nonchalantly. "Midnight?!" Yoona said and Jessica nodded. "But curfew is at ten, how do you get in the dorms?" she asked. "I have a key," Jessica said and giggled when she saw Yonghwa's furrowed brows. "It's a perk of being a student representative," she added.

"Right," Yoona replied, she was surprised that the girl could enter and leave the dorm whenever she wished. Yoona looked over Jessica's shoulder and saw a guitar leaning on a bookshelf. "Is that yours? You can play guitar?" she asked. Jessica chuckled at his surprised face. "I play it sometimes," Jessica replied. "Can I see it?" Yoona asked. "Sure," Jessica replied as she left the sofa to take her guitar. She laid it over the table and opened the case.

"Wow, that's cool," an amazed Yoona said. She leaned closer, taking a look. "Is it foreign? It is, right? I can tell," she said and Jessica let out a chuckle, taking the instrument out of its case. "You seem familiar with guitar. Do you want to try using it?" she asked. "Can I?" Yoona asked eagerly. Jessica chuckled and handed the guitar to Yonghwa. Yoona looked down at the steel string acoustic guitar on her lap. "It's bigger than mine," she said. 

"Oh, you have one too?" she asked. "Yeah, but it's not as expensive as this one," Yoona said, staring at the guitar. "Play for me," Jessica said when Yonghwa turned to her. "Okay," Yoona said as she placed the instrument on her thigh and tried playing the strings. Yoona chuckled in astonishment and then she started to play a song she has recently composed.

Today is the first day I saw you

And your shy bright smile

We'll get closer day after day

Jessica smiled as she watched Yonghwa sing. She recently realized that she really liked his voice. No, she knows that she loves his voice. She really liked it whenever they were alone, she was learning more abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter