Chapter Twenty

Can You Sing for Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ugh, I don't get this!" Taeyeon said, frustrated as she leaned her head over the desk. "I can't remember it," she complained. "Yes you can. Here, let me help you," Sunny said. "Really?" Taeyeon asked as she cheerfully lifted her head. Sunny nodded as Taeyeon stretched her arms out to hug the girl, but Yuri caught her shirt collar. "No, don't help him Sunny," Yuri said to Sunny and turned to Taeyeon.

"You should do it yourself. That's why you won't get it because you always get the answers from Sunny," she pointed out. Yuri released Taeyeon and put the textbook in front of the girl. "Read it until you remember it," she said. "You're mean," Taeyeon said as she pouted. "Sunny, help me," she said as she took Sunny's hand and did her cutest pout. "Please," she begged. Sunny blushed but giggled at Taehyung's pleading eyes.

She finally nodded and it brought a smile back to Taehyung's face. Yuri shook her head and decided to leave the two along. She looked over the library, looking for Yoona. She said that she would come after meeting Mrs. Song. She thought that she probably was still in Mrs. Song's office. "I'm going to look for some books," she said to the two and headed towards the classical music shelves. Meanwhile, Yoona shifted a bag up on her shoulder and entered the library.

There were many students of the three schools that filled the building, but she couldn't find Yuri and the others. She was about to keep walking, but someone bumped into her. "Jennie?" she asked. "Yonghwa? Sorry, I didn't see you," she said. "It's alright," Yoona replied as she helped pick Jennie's books from the floor and read the title. "Oh I wanted to read this book, I have homework from Mrs. Song's class," she said. "Really? You can use it," Jennie said.

"No, it's okay. I can look for another one," she replied as she handed the book back. "How about you come with me? We can use it together," Jennie said cheerfully. "Well, if you don't mind," Yoona said and Jennie smiled. "Of course I don't mind. Let's go," she said. Yoona nodded and followed the girl. Today, the library was extremely crowded. Almost all of the tables were occupied. They finally got a table at a corner, she put her bag on the table and sat down.

Jennie took a chair beside her. "So you also have homework?" she asked. "Yeah," Jennie replied as she laid the bag and textbook on the table. "You can use it first, I will find another one. I have three essays until tomorrow," Jennie said and sighed. Yoona chuckled at the girl's actions. "Thank you," she said as she pulled out a notebook from her bag. "How are you? I heard you're dating Jessica," Jennie said. "What?!" Yoona exclaimed.

She quickly covered and bowed apologetically to the other students around them. "What did you just say?" she asked. "It's no secret that Jessica is dating the new student, which is you," Jennie said as she giggled when she saw Yonghwa's widened eyes. "Everyone's talking about it," she said. "I'm dating her? Why haven't I heard that before?" Yoona quietly asked herself. Yoona tried her best to not freak out at the news. "Are you okay?" Jennie asked.

"So it's true. You are dating the student representative," Jennie concluded. "What? No," Yoona said quickly. "But you're always with her," Jennie replied. "I...," Yoona said as she trailed off. She looked away from the girl and blushed slightly. "Isn't she close to the School of Dance president?" she asked, trying to change the subject. "Oh, you mean Taecyeon?" Jennie asked. "Well they have been partners since junior high school. Jessica is actually from the School of Dance," she said.

"Really?" Yoona asked, she didn't know which school Jessica used to be in. "So that's why she's such a great dancer," she said. "Yeah, she really is," Jennie replied and took a deep breath before continuing. "They are the best dancers in the academy, especially her," she said. "Did you know that this school has Kings and Queens?" Jennie asked as she turned to Yonghwa who shook his head.

"Every year, there is a ball where the King and Queen of the academy will be chosen and they have won three years in a row," she said. "Three years?" Yoona asked and Jennie nodded. Now she understood why the president was jealous of her. Jennie's giggle brought Yoona’s attention back to her. "Wait, why are you interested in them? Are you jealous?" she asked. "What? That's nonsense," Yoona quickly replied, but failed to hide her blush. Suddenly Jennie noticed something between his blond hair, it was a small twig.

"Where have you been? Why is this on your head?" she asked as she took it off of his head. "I fell while I was running here," Yoona said and smiled sheepishly. Jennie giggled and dropped the twig to the floor. "You're funny," she said. "Funny?" Yoona asked as she narrowed her eyes and chuckled lightly. She got surprised when Jennie took her cheek, leaning closer. "I can see why she likes you," Jennie said with an odd look on her face.

-

On the other side, Jessica closed the book in her hand. She stood behind a shelf watching Yonghwa talk with another girl. They seemed to be close, since he was blushing whenever they talked. She gripped the book in her hand when the girl leaned closer and took his cheek. Then she decided to approach them. "Wait, wait," Tiffany said as she caught Jessica's arm. "Please don't think about making a scene here," she said. "But that girl dares to touch them," Jessica hissed.

"So what, he's not your boyfriend. Well, everyone thinks so, but he's not. Maybe they are just friends," Tiffany said. "But...," Jessica said and trailed off. As much as she wanted it to happen, Tiffany was right, he wasn't her boyfriend. "Yet," she said and sighed as she glanced back at them "Maybe they aren't just friends? What if he likes that girl?" she asked. Tiffany moved her gaze when her eyes caught a figure."Uh, sorry Jessica, but I gotta go. Good luck," Tiffany said and patted Jessica's arm.

"Wait, where are you going? Tiffany!" Jessica called as she quickly hid behind a shelf when Yonghwa and the girl turned their gazes towards her direction. Luckily they didn't notice her.  "Curse you Tiffany!" she muttered. Jessica rolled her eyes when she realized that Tiffany was with Yonghwa's friend, Yunho. She looked over at Yonghwa, it hurt her a little that he could laugh with that girl. She sighed at the thought.

-

Meanwhile, a couple rows over, Yuri was looking for classical music books. Her eyes found the book World's Classical Music and reached over to take the book, but there was another hand that reached over at the same time as her. She was surprised to see the person she was thinking about earlier. "Tiffany?" she asked, she was confused with why Tiffany was here. "Hi Yunho. I didn't see you there," Tiffany replied. "How have you been?" she asked. Yuri pulled her hand back and smiled.

"I've been doing well, thank you for asking Tiffany," she said. Tiffany waved her hand towards the boy. “I’m so happy you’re here,” Tiffany said. She smiled when she saw Yunho grin with his charming smile. "Anyways, you can have the book," she said. "Oh it's alright. I can look for...," Yuri said as she moved her gaze from the book shelf, because the president girl was unabashedly staring at her. "Another book," she said quietly.

"Oh my god he's so cute!" Tiffany quietly squealed, especially when she saw Yunho's dimple showi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter