MARIGOLD

My Last Grace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And the truth shall set you free..."

- John 8:32

 

 



 

 

When Sandara got down to the dining room for breakfast the next morning, the rest of BIGBANG was there eating already.

 

 

Daesung & Taeyang looked surprised as they almost choked on their coffee upon seeing her there. While TOP looked seriously at her, and seemed to lost his appetite as he stopped eating and left the kitchen with his tea. He didn't even bother to look at her in the eyes when they crossed in the kitchen doorway.

 

 

Sandara ignored it as she walked to the coffee maker and poured herself a cup of coffee.

 

 

"Good morning." Sandara even greeted to the quiet Taeyang and Daesung.

 

 

"You're back." Taeyang said, not sure what else to say really.

 

 

Daesung nudged Taeyang's shoulder as he leaned on the marbled island table and looked at her.

 

 

"I told you she'll be back." Daesung told Taeyang. "God couldn't stay away from her for so long. They just had a lover's quarrel. That's all. I should've have bet with you on how long she would be gone. Tsk." He even laughed on himself at that joke. 

 

 

But Taeyang wasn't smiling on that, so did Sandara.

 

 

In the end, Taeyang gave her a bit of a smile. "Right." He then pushed the fresh toasts towards her. "Since you're here I think it's safe to say you and GD are OK again?" 

 

 

Sandara got some piece of the toast Taeyang gave her as she nodded at him. "Yes. GD is still in the shower, though." She told them. "And I'm sorry for the last time." She said, referring to the event at the warehouse.

 

 

Taeyang nodded as he continued eating his food.

 

 

"I am glad you're back too. God needs some extra morale support today, you know." Daesung said, finishing his coffee after.

 

 

That picked up Sandara's curiosity. "Why? What's with today?" she asked him.

 

 

Daesung filled her up right away, "Well, today is Madtown U's Foundation Day and just like last year, the school will be holding a charity event led by," he frowned after, "God's half-brother, Kwon Teddy." 

 

 

Taeyang sighed at the reminder, too. "Kwon Teddy is running for a government position under his and GD's father's political party so he holds charity events at many schools once in a while. For his image of course. Not to mention, Teddy is also an alumni of this school." Taeyang added.

 

 

Daesung then pursed his lips. "Since we are the leading fraternity of the school right now, we are obliged to attend the event tonight. Gosh, I don't want to go, to be honest. Can I call sick?"

 

 

Sandara was quiet while listening to them. Based on what Daesung & Taeyang were talking about, it seemed GD doesn't have a good relationship with his half-brother.

 

 

"I am sure TOP is anxious, as well." Daesung added. "His father Officer Choi will be there to guard Teddy's appearance in this town, after all. Haisht, why politicians have to be treated like VIPs all the time."

 

 

Sandara was in deep thoughts again. Why would TOP be anxious too? Is it because his father will be here as well? So, TOP doesn't have good relationship with his family too? Is it because of his true uality?

 

 

Sandara was sipping her coffee when GD appeared in the kitchen. 

 

 

GD kissed Sandara on the cheek as he made himself a cup of coffee. He nodded to Daesung and Taeyang who greeted him back, as well. Then the duo left them shortly after.

 

 

"So, your brother is coming today at school?" Sandara asked him. She saw how GD's jawline immediately tensed at that.

 

 

GD then shrugged his shoulders after. "I don't want to see him."

 

 

Sandara didn't push the topic anymore as it's obvious GD didn't want to talk about it.

 

 

Sandara finished eating her breakfast first as she waited for GD to finish his.

 

 

After eating, they went to school together. GD was holding her hand as they walked together to the campus.

 

 

It seemed that show of being a couple again with GD erased any animosity towards Sandara, as she saw how everyone shifted their treatment to her from being s few days ago to being nice to her again.

 

 

Sandara didn't know exactly what to feel about that. But she was right, her seeing with GD again would stop the bullying she have experienced.

 

 

Sandara glanced at GD who seemed to be oblivious of the power he has over most of the students in Madtown U.

 

 

Sandara held his hand tighter. She'll keep him close.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When the charity event for Madtown U's Foundation happened that night, Sandara understood why Daesung and Taeyang has no good words towards GD's half brother, Teddy.

 

 

The man was standing in the podium delivering speech about his contributions to the school and his goodness to many communities.

 

 

The man is full of himself.

 

 

"...I, Kwon Teddy, as the eldest son of Kwon Young Hwan, the political leader of the New Politics Alliance for Democracy of this country, vowed to continue the legacy of my good father to the community and to our country..." 

 

 

Teddy was still talking, and Sandara is already bored listening to him. Why does she have to be here again?

 

 

"...unlike my half-brother who only causes troubles in this school, which I apologize by the way, I continue to do good in Madtown University by extending our partnership for building good future to the delightful students by offering more scholarships to stellar individuals who find it hard to get in this prestigious school. I will continue to pay half of the tuition fees of these students..."

 

 

Sandara's ears perked up to that. So, this is the man who paid half of her brother's tuition fees before. It was a good cause she admitted but Teddy should have not dissed GD while talking about his philanthropic acts at the same time. Teddy just wanted to shame GD for no reason, and it's obvious to everyone.

 

 

Sandara looked at the quiet GD sitting beside her. He is glaring to his brother. The rest of BIGBANG were barely being attentive to this charity event, too.

 

 

"Are you OK?" Sandara asked GD.

 

 

GD was still glaring at his brother. "Maybe he wants me to put him back to the hospital with broken bones." He stated under his breaths.

 

 

Sandara just held his hand tightly for comfort. GD actually relaxes to that.

 

 

Daesung, who was sitting on her other side, whispered something on her ear next. "Teddy was the reason GD got into juvenile prison at aged 14. They got into a fight and even if GD is younger to him, GD beat Teddy into a pulp, and sent him to the hospital with few weeks of rehabilitation. Teddy was so mad and pissed off at him ever since. He is deeply insulted at that, that I guess, he takes unnecessary remarks towards GD on his speeches every chance he gets. A childish bitter moron, I must say." He informed her.

 

 

Sandara didn't know exactly what to feel about that new information. She didn't know it was GD's half-brother who sent him to the juvenile prison at such a young age. 

 

 

Well, it's obvious GD's half brother got a huge ego that's hard to fill. And with his childish comments about GD, it tells Sandara that Teddy never really recover from the shame of GD's beating to him befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter