006

You Were Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyemi's laughing as she takes a bite of the apple in her hand, watching Yebin nagging at Mingkyu for not slicing the apples they brought for her and let her eat it just like that. 

"That's fine, Yebin. I hurt my head not my hands."

"I know that but you're a patient."

Hyemi giggles, shaking her head as Yebin playfully pulls Mingkyu's ear, making the guy starts screaming in pain and Minju could see both Mr. Bong and Sera who's talking to Sehun and Kim at the couch in the corner of the huge hospital room standing up and tries to stop Yebin who's still nagging. Shaking his head, Sehun couldn't help but chuckle once he saw how Hyemi's laughing so hard, one of her hands on her stomach while the other still holding her half-eaten apple. Seeing there's still no progress in stopping Yebin, Sehun stands up, making all four of them immediately turns towards him, eyes looking down on their foot.

"You guys can just go straight home, don't have to go back to the office."

Hyemi peeks to look at her teammates reactions after being given a half-day off from Sehun and a smile crept up on her face seeing how the four of them's grinning, probably happy and overwhelmed.

"Just for today."

"Alright, Mr. Oh."

With that being said, all four of them including Kim excuse themselves, hands waving towards Hyemi who's also waving towards them and seeing the door shut close, Hyemi continues eating her apple, about to lie down on the bed until she saw Sehun staring at her with a small smile on his lips,

"Do you have something to say to me?"

Hyemi asks, one of her hand pushing her long hair that's falling on her shoulders to her back before lying on the bed, eyes still looking at Sehun who's already walking towards her bed,

"I love you."

Hyemi blinks her eyes, almost choked on the apple she's eating upon hearing Sehun's sudden confession, making Sehun rushes towards her, pouring a glass of water and hands it to her,

"Why are you so shocked? I think I said it almost 24 hours to you."

Taking the glass from Sehun's hand, Hyemi gulps on the warm water and hands it back to Sehun when the glass is empty, his hand automatically moves to gently wipes the corner of her lips,

"You said it so suddenly! And I am eating!"

"Roger that, I won't say anything cringey when you're eating."

Hyemi hums, nodding as she let Sehun lifts her up before he settles himself on the bed, letting her lie on her chest as she's sitting in between his thighs, his hand naturally moves to caress her hair,

"I forgot to let you know, the doctor said I can get discharged probably tomorrow but after they examine my wounds."

Hyemi said with full of apple, making Sehun chuckles as he nods,

"Do you want to go back to my apartment or to your home once your discharged tomorrow?"

"My home. My mom and my sisters are feeling very guilty towards me because they can't cancel the reservations in the restaurant for today so they can't come to see me."

Hyemi then put the apple she's eating on the plate on the bedside table when she no longer feels like eating it,

"They shouldn't feel that way. It's not their faults."

"Right?"

Hyemi sighs, her hands playing with Sehun's fingers,

"When we broke up and when my father left us, I really really feel bad towards my older sisters. They sacrificed their study and job in order to earn money to fund me and Jung. I said I can drop off from studies so that it'll be a less burden for them but they insisted."

"That is why you're the one who insisted to pay for your father's debt, don't you, baby?"

Hyemi hums, nodding,

"I feel really bad especially towards Yoon. I saw her helping mom everyday, early in the morning and when I stepped into the kitchen to help they both asked me to study. Yoon has always been the one who does the tough work and takes the blame on everything that happened in our restaurant."

"That's probably because she knows she's the oldest so she need to take care of her mom and younger sisters."

Hyemi hums again, sighing as she turns to look up at Sehun,

"I cried everynight for 3 months when we broke up and thinking about it now I feel bad that Jung had to hear me cry under my blanket every night since we share the same room and the same bed. Even though she never said anything about it."

Sehun sighs, his hand wraps around Hyemi's waist,

"I'm sorry. It must've been hard for you."

Hyemi shakes her head, smiling up at her boyfriend who's looking down at her,

"That's life anyway. If I didn't get pushed to study hard I doubt I will be able to get accepted to work in your company, Mr. Oh."

Chuckling, Sehun then leans down, pecking a kiss on Hyemi's lips,

"How much more money you need to pay for your father's debts?"

"Won't tell you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter