025

You Were Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You deserve this. Hyemi should've left you the moment you chose your work over her and your daughter."

Jongin casually said, his eyes fixed on his daughter who's walking around their living room cutely, her small hands picking up her toys that's everywhere around the huge living room, ignoring his bestfriend who has been sighing for almost the entire time since he arrived earlier in the morning, begging Soyong to tell him where his wife is when none of them know where Hyemi is.

"You... Really don't know where my wife is?"

Jongin's about to speak as he turns to look at Sehun until Soyong's voice stops him from doing so,

"We don't know, Sehun. Hyemi never said anything about her leaving and even if she did tell me, I'm not gonna tell you anything."

Soyong said, handing the coffee towards Jongin who then pulls her to sit beside him, his hand caressing her hair as he sips on his coffee.

"You know where she is."

"I don't. I really don't know anything. Babe, maybe I should show my chat history with Hyemi to your bestfriend."

Soyong annoyingly said, about to stand up to go get her phone but Jongin pulls her back down to sit beside him, already stop sipping his coffee,

"My wife doesn't know anything, Sehun. Neither any of us know. How many times should we ing tell you?"

Jongin flinches when he feels a slap on his chest,  immediately turning to look at his wife who's glaring at him,

"Sua is here, don't curse!"

Soyong said, making Jongin sighs as he nods, muttering his sorry towards his wife who shakes his head, moving away from him to play with their daughter. Taking Sua up into her arms, Soyong moves to sit back beside Jongin who's already grinning towards their duaghter who's flipping her arms to crawl into her father's embrace. Sehun could feel a bitter taste in his mouth seeing Jongin's small family and if he doesn't ed his marriage up, he would probably be doing the same thing as Jongin, hugging and kissing both his wife and daughter.

"I was planning to talk things out with her after my business trip. I rushed back, I left our investors to our resort's managements so that I can fly back early and patch things up but I guess I must've taken too much time."

Soyong sighs,

"Hyemi told me you never have time for your daughter. She never mentioned anything about herself or how much she wanted to spend time with you but I know more than anyone else, more than anything else, Hyemi wants to spend time with you, with both you and your daughter. She told me she doesn't mind if you can't spend time with her but she really hope you'll spend some time with Yul. She knows how it feels like to grow up without a father figure, she probably doesn't want Yul to feel the same thing that she does. Which explains why she never left you, not until yesterday."

Sehun looks down on his lap, eyes staring at his clasped hands, pursing his lips with guilt and regret, he shouldn't have acted so cold and distant towards her, he shouldn't have pretended not to know how much she's hurting because of him.

"The last time she texted me was three days ago. She said she wants to go shop for some new clothes for Yul with you but she doesn't want to burden you."

Soyong chuckles, her hand caressing her daughter's hair,

"I know she knows you will say 'no' to her and only ended up shoving her your credit card so she never asks you, right?"

Sehun hums,

"No, she didn't. But I know she went out with our daughter."

"You know but you don't care about them."

"I do care about them. I care about them more than anything else."

"No, you don't."

Soyong said with a frown on her face, eyes staring straight at Sehun,

"Do you know that Heeyul's first name is not yours? Her name is Jung Heeyul. Hyemi registered her name with her family name instead of yours."

Seeing the frown on Sehun's face, Soyong chuckles, shaking her head,

"You'll know and you'll immediately change her family name if you care, Sehun. And both Hyemi and your daughter would be at home with you if you really care about them just like what you said just now."

"You've lost Hyemi once and I thought you've learned your lessons back then but I guess you're still you. You love her but you put your ego and anger first above t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter