004

You Were Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So you both are back together again now?"

Hyeyoon said as she crosses her arms on her chest, eyes staring straight at both Sehun and Hyemi who's sitting next to each other in front of her, with 3 other Hyemi's sisters nodding, their arms also crossed on their chest. 

"Yes."

"No."

Both Sehun and Hyemi turns to look at each other, eyes widen with their mouths mumbling towards each other until Hyemi clears and speaks up,

"He hasn't properly ask me to date him again."

"Then what were you two doing all these while? Didn't you two always spend time together after work and also during weekends for almost 2 months now?!."

Hyemi bites her lower lips, her hand about to move to flip the grilling meat but Sehun quickly moves his hand to do it instead, making Hyemi sighs, looking down on her lap. 

"We were not planning to say this but Mi you know how we're lacking manpower in mom's restaurant especially during weekends but we didn't say anything about you going out with Sehun because we thought you both are back together again."

"Yoon."

Hyeyoung frowns, turning to look at Hyeyoon, probably surprised that their older sister will say something like that towards Hyemi who has been working so hard everyday.

"You know Mi gives almost all of her paychecks to pay father's debt, to buy stuffs for mom's restaurant and also for Jung's pocket money to school. You know how she doesn't even join her colleagues to eat lunch because she doesn't have enough money to spend for herself. Yoon, you know how Hyemi barely even slept when she was studying back then just to make sure she'll graduate with honour and that will be easier for her to get a decent job. She did all of that for us. To help us. You don't get to say things like that to Hyemi as if she's done nothing for this family."

Hyemi sighs again, feeling her eyes teary with her hands fondling on her lap. Hyeyoon about to say something until Hyemi cuts her off,

"Can we not talk about this here? It's embarassing."

Hyemi mutters, making Sehun turns to look at Hyemi beside her, taking her hand in his and once she turns to look up at him, he smiles assuringly at her, his other hand patting the back of her hand that he's holding.

"It's my fault. I should've properly and officially ask Hyemi to date me again but I don't want to pressure her. I want to give back to the times that I've missed before, the times that I've neglected her when we were dating back then. I can't turn back time but the least I can do is to show her that I regret everything that happened back then and that I still still very much in love with her."

Hyeyoon sighs, her eyes soften upon hearing Sehun's words as she could see how sincere he is and how much he loves her sister, by the looks of how he's treating Hyemi and how Hyemi looks so safe and assured beside him. 

"I know it's just two months since you guys meet again and start opening up, catching up with each other again but Mr. Oh, I don't ever want to see my sister cry every night again because of you. If you really truly love my sister you should make it official as soon as you can."

Hyejung who's casually eating the meat coldly shoves the meat into Hyeyoon's mouth, making the oldest sister eyes widen as she turns to look at Hyejung who's mouth busy chewing,

"It's almost past midnight and we left mom alone. We're here to eat with my brother-in-law not to lecture him. Look at how yellow he has become."

The three other sisters turn to look at each other before they burst out laughing, making Sehun let out a chuckle seeing how warm and simple Hyemi's family is. They bicker, they get into each other's nerves but at the end of the day you'll see them feeding each other's foods while laughing and giggling. Glancing over to take a look at the pretty girl beside him, a huge smile crept up on Sehun's face seeing how she doesn't let go of his hand and only eat with only one hand instead. Her eyes that looks so sad earlier is now sparkling with so much joy as she listens to what her sisters are talking about. It's amusing seeing where they are now. He remembers two months back, it was so hard to win over Hyemi but with the help of both Chanyeol and Baekhyun he managed to make her open up to him again and they started going to dates, spend more time together.

"Brother-in-law."

Sehun turns to look at Hyemi's youngest sister, Hyejung who's looking at him with her usual cold face. Among the four of them, Hyejung is seem to be the most distant one but he knows how much Hyejung loves her sisters as he's heard a few stories about Hyejung from Hyemi saying that even though Hyejung complained most of the times because she didn't get to join her friends to some school trips and that she need to help around at their mom's restaurant, Hyejung is always the one who'll protect them, always standing up for them in the coolest way possible for a younger sister. 

"I have some request."

Sehun hums, smiling, signalling the younger girl to speak,

"I'm in my senior year in high school and this year they're going to Japan for our school trip but-"

"How much do you need?"

Hyejung's eyes widen immediately, putting her chopsticks down as she leans down, taking out a transparent file from her bagpack under the table and hands it out to Sehun who gladly takes it into his hand. He frowns as he goes through everything from the documents that listed out the amount of money they need to pay and also the tentatives for the whole trip that'll happen in a month time. Nodding, Sehun turns to look at Hyejung who's looking at him with her lips pursed, looking nervous,

"The amount stated is probably just for the fees needed. I'll give you extra pocket money so-"

"Extra pocket money for what?'

Hyemi stop talking to her older sisters and turn to look at both Sehun and Hyejung. Seeing how Hyejung is trying to shove the few documents that Sehun read just now into her bagpack, Hyemi stands up from her stool and loosen her grip on Sehun's hand as she moves to stand in front of her youngest sister,

"Show us."

Hyejung shakes her head,

"Jung. Show us."

Hyeyoon sternly said, making Hyejung rolls her eyes and hands the documents to Hyemi who then moves back to sit, leaning closer towards her older sisters as they go through the few papers until Hyemi sighs, handing the documents to Hyeyoung as she turns to look at Hyejung,

"You're asking for money from Sehun, Jung?"

"I did and he said he's going to give them to me."

"No, he won't. I'll give them to you. Why didn't you talk to us about this? You know I'd do anything to make sure you'll be able to experience every moment of your last year in high school."

"Hyemi-"

"And you, Oh Sehun. I know you're rich but don't just simply agree on throwing money to others."

Taking Hyemi's hand in his, Sehun let out a chuckle seeing how cute she looks like now that she's frowning,

"Hyejung is not 'others' in my life. Your sisters are my family too."

"But-"

"I didn't talk about this to you guys because I know you guys will do everything to make sure I'll get to join the trip, especially you, Mi. I don't w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter