001

You Were Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2020

"So, you're really going to accept the job?"

Hyemi nods, looking up at her sisters who's staring at her. Being the 3rd oldest is never hard for her since her older sisters will look after her and she'll only need to look after their youngest sister who's already in her high school's senior year. She doesn't have a particular sibling that she's close with because they're all close among each others, secrets are all shared among the four of them, no one's ever being left behind. 

"You know that Sehun is the new President of that company, don't you, Mi?"

Hyemi nods again, this time turning to look at her 2nd older sister who's looking at her with a worried look on her face.

"It's fine, Young. It has been what? 7 years? He's probably has moved on and meet someone else."

Hyemi said, playing with her fingers on her lap as she's sitting on her bed with crossed-legs. She could hear her sister sighs,

"You? Have you moved on, Mi?"

"Of course!"

Hyemi laughs and her laughters died down when she looks up to seeing the look her sisters are giving, knowing that she'll never be able to lie to them,

"Fine.. I might have moved on.. A bit.."

"Hyemi. You cried every night for 3 months straight after the break up and I don't want to see that sight of you again."

"None of us want to see that. Ever again."

Hyeyoon, their oldest sister speaks up, his eyes staring straight towards Hyemi behind her round glasses that's loosely hanging on her nose bridge. 

"But, Young, Mi is the only one with brain and certificates among us. She's.. our only family's hope. If she turns down the job, we will never be able to pay the debts that our stupid father left behind."

Hyemi looks down, feeling her eyes teary knowing that their whole family's life has changed drastrically after the news of her father cheating behind her mother's back and ended up running away from them with his mistress. He even sold off their house and they heard that he bought a better house somewhere outside of Seoul to build a family with his mistress, using the money he got from selling their house, leaving Hyemi, her sisters and their mother with the debts he owed. They were kicked out of their house and they had to live at the public sauna's place for days, until her mother managed to find a cheap place for them to rent and stay. It was hard, really really hard to the point that both her older sisters quit their job and studies, taking out every savings they have in their bank accounts to open up a business for their mother. 

Their mother refused to take her daughters' money, saying that she's the one who's supposed to give them money and she blamed herself, even until this day as the reason for Hyeyoon to quit her job and Hyeyoung to quit her study. Hyemi wanted to quit too and help but her sisters forbid her, saying that at least, one of them could help change their life. Hyemi has been working in a small advertising company for years ever since she first graduated and she devoted all of her pay to her mother and sisters, leaving her with no savings at all and she couldn't care less about it. Her sisters has sacrificed their dreams for their family and the least she can do is to help fund for them, even if it means that she has to starve herself during lunch. They open up a small restaurant across the building they're living and it's a blessing that their restaurant now has already gain it's own loyal customers, making it one of the best restaurant in this neighbourhood. 

"I know, Yoon, but Hyemi's happiness is much more important than paying off the debts that the old man left."

"Young, it's fine, it really is fine. Can't you see? The pay there is triple the amount of pay I got from the advertising company and with that amount of money every month, we could be able to pay the remaining debts in less than 2 years, and after that, I can help pay for you to resume your study, mom doesn't need to open the restaurant during weekends, Yoon can start working again and Jung can enrolls to any university that she wants. We don't have to think about saving money anymore."

"And you? Will you be happy? You've always given everything from your paychecks to us, you didn't even spend a penny for yourself when you work so hard everyday to earn the money. Think about yourself too, Hyemi."

Hyemi chuckles, looking up at Hyeyoung who's staring at her with tears in her eyes,

"You and Yoon scarified your futures for our family and I've never once stopped you guys from doing it, so please, Young, don't stop me. Oh Sehun is my past and he'll remain that way. My feelings for him, I'll handle it myself, professionally. Please, Young.."

Hyeyoung sighs before she finally nods, making Hyemi smiles so wide and just when she's about to thank her sisters, the sudden opening of her room's door make all of them to turn to look at their mother who's peeking through,

"Come down, you three, help me with the customers and don't disturb Mi, she needs to sleep early tonight and gets in her best state for her new job tomorrow. Come on now."

Hyeyoung and Hyeyoon nod, standing up respectively and walks out of the room. Hyeyoon then suddenly stops on track, turning to look at their youngest sister who's playing game on her phone, lying comfortably on the bed she shares with Hyemi,

"Jung, you too. Come and help us."

Hyejung sighs, clicking her tounge and shoves her phone towards Hyemi who's smiling as she watches her youngest sister standing up from the bed with a pout on her face,

"Sleep early, Mi unnie. You have to change our life. I'm tired of being called poor at school."

Hyemi chuckles sadly as she nods and hums. Hyejung went out of the room, leaving Hyeyoon staring at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter