010

You Were Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyemi smiles as she notices Sehun's grandmother is staring at her, or more specifically glaring at her. It has been a week after Sehun's proposal and he really did registered their marriage a day after the proposal and now that they're husband and wife, Hyemi has been staying at Sehun's parents place since Sehun has made it very clear that he doesn't want Hyemi to stress herself out thinking about their wedding preparations. Sehun's grandmother came straight from Edinburgh when she heard that her grandson is finally getting married and now that she just arrived and both Sehun and Mr. Oh were out playing golf with their company's partners, only Hyemi and Mrs. Oh were left to celebrate the arrival of Sehun's grandmother.

"So, you're telling me she's already pregnant? Even before Sehun registered their marriage?"

Eyes widen with anger, the grandmother looks at Mrs. Oh as if she'd eat her alive,

"They've been together for months so-"

"For only a few months and she's already pregnant? What kind of disgusting piece of news this is? I can't believe the first thing I heard when I'm back in Seoul after almost 15 years is that my grandson is married to a girl who's pregnant before their marriage!"

"Mother, Sehun marries her because he loves her. Not because she' pregnant."

Mrs. Oh tried to sound as polite as she can towards her mother-in-law despite her hand already curling up into fist, knowing how ruthless her mother-in-law is and she was given the same treatment when her mother-in-law finds out that she can't bare anymore children after Sehun's birth. Scoffing, Sehun's grandmother turns to look at Hyemi again,

"What did your parents do for living?"

"My parents are divorced so I'm living with my mom and my sisters. We have a restaurant."

"Divorced?! No wonder you ended up pregnant before getting married. Coming from a broken family."

Hyemi chuckles, looking down on her lap, playing with her fingers. As much as she hates being trampled down she knows how much Sehun treasures his grandmother so she promises herself to do whatever it takes to win her over.

"What restaurant? How many branches outside of Seoul you guys own?"

Hyemi shakes her head, small smile never leaving her face,

"We don't have any branches... Yet."

Sehun's grandmother sighs, putting down the expensive cup of tea down harshly as the sound of glass meeting each other echoes outside of the garden.

"She comes from a good family, mother. She is a hardworking girl, helping her family to settle their family's debt-"

"Debt?!"

Mrs. Oh closes her eyes, knowing that she just had a slip of tounge and now the situation is gonna get worse for her daughter-in-law,

"No wonder you're pregnant this fast! You have debt you need to settle so of course, my naive grandson is the perfect solution for you!"

Hyemi shakes her head again,

"No... Sehun didn't have anything to do with our family debt, I'll settle-"

Sehun's grandmother scoffs, making Hyemi stops talking immediately, eyes looking back down on her laps,

"This can't do. I'm not staying in the same roof with a witch like her! I'll need to have to talk to Sehun about this. There's still plenty of times to cancel the wedding and file a divorce."

"Mother!"

"You're not better than her, Cheorin! I still regret letting my son to marry you when you can only give him one heir and I'm not gonna do the same mistake again with my grandson!"

Mrs. Oh's eyes start teary as she watches her mother-in-law about to make her way out of the garden until a few familiar voices could be heard, making her quickly wipe her tears, turning to look at Hyemi as she takes her hands in hers,

"You should tell Sehun about his grandmother. Don't do the same mistake I did in the past. I never told Sehun's father anything thinking that I don't want to ruin their relationship as mother and son but I can still feel the pain until today. The words she said... They hurt so much more than being physically abused."

Hyemi forces a smile on her face though her eyes are already teary,

"That's fine, mom. Sehun just finally meet her again after 8 years so I don't want small things like just now to ruin it for him."

Mrs. Oh sighs, her hand's patting Hyemi's,

"If it gets worse, I'll step in. I won't let anyone look down on my pretty daughter-in-law and that includes my mother-in-law."

Hyemi chuckles, nodding as she hums. Hearing her name being called, she turns to look at Sehun who's making his way towards her,

"I miss you."

Sehun whispers, landing a kiss on Hyemi's forehead, making her cheeks redden with the affection he's giving her,

"You're only away for a few hours yet here you are being all clingy.":

Mrs. Oh said, making Hyemi bursts out laughing, somehow forgetting about what happened earlier.

"Has you taken your breakfast?"

"It's almost lunch time already, Sehun."

Sehun nods, grinning as he pinches his wife's cheek,

"Remember what the doctor said last week during your pregnancy check-up, you need to make sure you eat well and not skip any meals."

"I know, Mr. Oh."

Hyemi playfully said, earning laughters towards both Sehun and Mrs. Oh until Sehun's grandmother starts calling out for Sehun, making the guy stands up in an instance and immediately run towards his grandmother, hugging the old woman while he brings her inside, leaving Hyemi sighing as she looks at the two, flashbacks of everything Sehun's grandmother said suddenly flashing inside her mind.

"How far has the wedding preparations has been done?"

Sehun's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter