023

You Were Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyemi could hear people whispering the moment she open her eyes and she could see both her mother and mother-in-law rushing towards her the moment they saw her looking at them. 

"Mi?"

Hyemi hums, trying to flash up a smile at both of the older woman but she ended up bursting into tears instead, feeling both sad and disappointed on Sehun as she remembers her fighting for her life, giving birth to their daughter few hours ago before she passed out right after handing her newborn baby girl towards the nurse. Mrs. Oh pats Hyemi's shoulder as the girl seems to couldn't stop crying in her mother's arms and she has no one else to blame than her own son who's still nowhere to be found. They've been trying to contact him ever since they find out that Hyemi is already inside the labour room and that her family is already on their way back from their holiday but both Sehun and his secretary won't pick up any of their calls.

"You shouldn't cry like this. The doctor said you need to rest and not stress yourself out."

Mrs. Jung whispers, patting her daughter's back as the girl still didn't stop crying until she pulls out of the hug few minutes later, wiping her remaining tears.

"Do you want to try calling your husband? We've been trying to contact him but-"

"He's in a meeting when I called earlier."

Hyemi whispers, letting her mother help her to lie back down on the bed,

"It's already 9pm now Hyemi. Why is he-"

Mrs. Oh about to start lecturing her son when Hyemi's phone that's lying on the bedside table suddenly lights up, signalling that she's receiving a call. Mrs. Jung helps hand the phone towards her daughter and as soon as Hyemi saw it's Sehun, she clears and pick up the call, expecting him to panic over herself and their baby but the only thing he said was that he's sorry and he needed to attend a sudden business trip to Jeju for a day.

Humming on the phone with tears flowing down her cheeks, Hyemi nods and ended the call, gripping her phone tightly on her lap and she could hear both her mother and mother in law sighing,

"He's not coming?"

"A business trip."

Hyemi can only make out that words, knowing that she's gonna cry again if she speaks too much about him and Hyemi could hear Mrs. Oh sighing again, already taking out her phone out of her expensive handbag and rushes out of Hyemi's room, leaving Hyemi and her mother who's already sitting beside her on the bed, taking her hand in hers,

"Your sisters have been talking about this but I disagree with them because I don't want you to experience what I did when your father left. But seeing what happened right in front of my eyes today, as your mother, this is not what I'm expecting to see from my son in law. He promised me to take care of you but-"

"Sehun's a busy man, mom. He lost so many contracts and investors when he was on trial with his own grandmother and all of that happened because of me. Because he was taking care of me."

Mrs. Jung sighs, her hand tightly gripping Hyemi's who's still looking down on her lap,

"You drove yourself here because he was busy and you know how dangerous that was, don't you, Hyemi?"

Hyemi didn't say anything, only staring on her lap,

"We're all ready to sell the restaurant and move out somewhere else if you want to live with us again. Just us, me, you and your sisters and of course with our little Cheese Ball now. I know how much you wanted to give my granddaughter a perfect family because you missed out on that but seeing how your husband behaves now, I don't want to see you hiding your feelings, trying to understand him all the time when he's acting like this."

Hyemi wipes her tears as Mrs. Jung sighs,

"You can think about it. I know your sisters have been planning this behind your back and now with this happening, I'm on their side and I'll protect my daughter and granddaughter even if it's from your own husband. You've sacrificed so much for us, Mi. You don't have to always be the one who tries to understand, it;s okay to throw a tantrum once in a while, to get mad, to get sad. You don't have to always pretend everything's okay when nothing is."

Hearing no answers coming from her daughter, Mrs. Jung sighs, her hand patting Hyemi's,

"Think about it, hmm?"

Hyemi nods, looking up at her mother who them wipes her tears, pinching her daughter's cheek with her eyes teary,

"I always blame myself everytime I look at you and your sisters. I don't want you to feel the same when you look at Cheese Ball so it's now or it's gonna be too late to turn your back away from Sehun."

Hyemi hums, leaning in and hugs her mother tightly, resting her head on her warm shoulder, letting her mother to pat her as she closes her eyes.

Hyemi smiles as she watches her sisters gushing over her daughter and she could hear Hyejung clicking her tongue multiple times probably because she was teased by both Hyejung and Hyeyoon. 

"You still don't have a name for her?"

Hyeyoon ask, turning to look at her sister who's watching their mother helping her pack her things up since she can already be discharged yet her husband is still nowhere to be seen.

"I already registered her name. I mean, mom helped me with it."

"Mom... Really?"

Hyemi laughs hearing her sisters whining at their mother knowing that their mother is keeping Cheese Ball's name a secret from them. taking her sit on the bed beside Hyemi, Hyeyoung rises up her eyebrows towards her sister,

"What's her name?"

"Jung Heeyul."

"Jung? Isn't it supposed to be Oh Heeyul?"

Hyejung cluelessly asked, making everyone turns to look at Hyemi who's forcing up a smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter