020

You Were Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun sighs when he gets inside his car after avoiding the crowd of reporters outside the court, closing his eyes as he pinches his nose bridge, he could hear Kim asking him whether he wants to go back home or to the office and as much as he wants to go back home to Hyemi he remembers that there's a lot of paperworks that needed to be settled back in the company now that the 2 months trial between their company and his grandmother's company has ended, he needs to be prepared to meet the shareholders in the morning by next week. 

"Office."

Kim nods before he starts driving, leaving Sehun sighing again as he opens his eyes and takes his ipad, starts scrolling and replying to the emails. 

Hyemi relieves a huge sigh when she's done with the cake that she's making knowing that tomorrow is her birthday and since it's weekend she's been expecting to celebrate it with Sehun with his favourite cake that she baked. Taking out the mittens as she sits on the stool at the kitchen counter, Hyemi gently punches her back, feeling a lot much tired now that she's already in her 32 weeks of pregnancy and her stomach has grown a lot bigger, making it hard for her to sometimes even move. Looking down on her legs, Hyemi pulls up the maternity dress that she's wearing and she gasps seeing her feet looking a bit swollen.

It has been a month since Sehun went to Jeju to pick her up and her mother is now has been operating their restaurant back to normal now that Sehun's grandmother has been taken into custody and ever since the first day she's back into her house with Sehun, she can barely counts the amount of times she spends with him. Hyemi knows it's all because of her that her husband is working so hard, sometimes she even found him fallen asleep on his study table and that sight breaks her heart so much that Hyemi doesn't say any words of complaints with the lack of attention he's giving her. 

As much as she wants Sehun to accompany her to her pregnancy check-ups, she knows better that her pregnancy check-ups are nothing compared to the sacrifice he has done for the sake of herself and their baby daughter but she hopes that Sehun can spend one day with her, even just spending the time in their home, she wouldn't mind, all Hyemi wants is just to spend some time with him on her birthday. Sighing, Hyemi purses her lips as she forces herself to stand up, peeking through the oven as she wtaches her cake before she starts making her way to the living room. Flopping herself down the couch, Hyemi takes her phone from the glass table, calling Sehun and after the 5th times, Hyemi almost gave up when he finally picks up the call with a hum, making Hyemi smiles so bright from the other side of the phone.

"Are you busy?"

Hyemi could hear him humming again,

"Tomorrow is weekend, are you... perhaps gonna be busy tomorrow too?"

Hyemi plays with the ribbon on her maternity dress as she waits for Sehun's answer,

"Not really."

Hyemi smiles,

"Can you spend some time with me?"

Hearing Sehun's hums, Hyemi almost jumped on the couch that she couldn't stop smiling.

"Anything else, Hyemi?"

Hyemi shakes her head,

"No. Sorry for bothering you."

Sehun hums again before he ended the call, leaving Hyemi still smiling so wide. Putting her phone down the glass table, Hyemi looks down on her stomach,

"We're going to spend some time with daddy tomorrow, Cheese Ball."

Whispering, Hyemi chuckles once she feels her daughter kicking inside her stomach, as if she's as excited as her to finally get to spend time with Sehun. Smiling, Hyemi fixes her hair bun as she stands up from the couch, moving up stairs to choose the clothes that she wants to wear for tomorrow.

Hyemi wakes up that morning with a huge smile on her face, sitting up on the bed, her smile gets even wider when she saw Sehun's wallet, car key and the watch he wears yesterday left untouched on the bedside table and she knows he was home very late yesterday as she could feel him hugging her in her sleep, kissing her forehead before she could hear him softly snoring with his face on the crook of her neck. 

Standing up from the bed, Hyemi fists her long hair up and ties them into a ponytail before fixing her pyjama as she then went downstairs knowing that Sehun is probably downstairs. Going down, Hyemi smiles even wider when she saw Kim and Yookyung, the new employee that has been following Sehun and Kim around sitting together in the living room, with files and documents all around the glass table. Glancing over the huge digital clock, Hyemi smiles seeing it's only 9 in the morning so she expected them to finish working by lunch time and she can spend her birthday with Sehun. 

"Mrs. Oh!"

Hyemi grins, bowing back towards the pretty girl who's smiling at her. Yookyung is the same age as her and is Kim's cousin, hence why she knows her because she has seen her coming around with Kim as they finished their work together with Sehun. Smiling, Hyemi makes her way towards Sehun after exchanging greetings with Kim as well,

"There's breakfast in the kitchen."

Sehun said, eyes fixed on the document he's holding with his eyebrows furrowed. Nodding, Hyemi hums and makes her way to the kitchen and she could see a few foods laid on the dining table. Hyemi makes her way back upstairs when she's done with her breakfast and seeing that it's still a few hours to lunch time, Hyemi just lie down on the bed, hand caressing her stomach while she watches the huge television that's playing some dramas from netflix.

Yawning, Hyemi glances over her phone and she smiles seeing her sisters and mother wstill couldn't stop wishing her a happy birthday ever since midnight, even asking her and Sehun to come over to the restaurant to celebrate her birthday but knowing that she only wants to spend the day with Sehun, Hyemi politely refuses her family's invitation by saying that she wants to spend time with her husband with just the two of them. 

Seeing it's already 30 minutes past lunch time, Hyemi stands up and quickly takes a shower, freshen herself and dolling herself up a bit before moving downstairs, expecting both Kim and Yookyung to already went back home considering it's Saturday and they aren't supposed to be working but her heart falls when she saw Yookyung eating a slice of the cake that she baked especially for her husband even though it's her birthday.

Realising Hyemi standing at the staircase, Yookyung clears and waves her hand towards Hyemi, 

"I was hungry and it seems

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter