021

You Were Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mrs. Oh frowns when she saw all of his files and documents scattering around the glass table, making her turns to look at her son who's talking to Mr. Oh at the balcony of the huge house. They just arrived few hours ago and she knows Hyemi isn't around as her daughter in law already told her that she's outside and will be visiting her family for the evening, hence why she quickly dragged Mr. Oh to their son's house in order to prepare a surprise party for her daughter in law but seeing Sehun already talking about business and doesn't even mention anything about hyemi's birthday, she knows well that her son must've forgot that it's Hyemi's birthday.

Making her way towards the two after setting up the foods and leaving the maids they brought from home to finish decorating the table. Mrs. Oh clears and she could see both Sehun and Mr. Oh turns to look at her,

"You didn't plan anything for Hyemi?"

Sehun blinks, didn't seem to understand what his mother is talking about,

"You forgot about it, don't you, Oh Sehun?"

Mrs. Oh frowns, arms crossed on her chest,

"What date is it today?"

"It's the 26th of-"

Sehun's eyes widen immediately as he turns to look at both her parents who's staring at him. Mr. Oh already shaking his head,

"It's Hyemi's birthday. And I-"

"Completely forgotten about it and even let her go out alone. I know you're a busy man, Oh Sehun but your wife and your daughter is a lot much important than the work you have piling on your table! You can always ask for your father's help!"

Mrs. Oh's voice starts raising, she's not only angry that her son forgot about her daughter in law's birthday but she's also angry about how he just let her went out alone.

"As if I didn't know you never accompanied Hyemi to the hospital for her check-ups anymore now that you're a very very busy person. I tried to not interfere with your matters as Hyemi seems to not have said anything about it but now, you forgot about her birthday and doesn't seem to even care where she is right now that you let her went out alone! Do you really regret what you've done back then when you came home crying because she asked for a break-up when you were both dating during your university years?"

"Mom, I-"

Mrs. Oh sighs, shaking her head as she watches her son wiping his face before he takes out his phone, probably wanted to call Hyemi and Mrs. Oh was about to speak again when they heard the front door being opened and they could see Hyejung, Hyemi and Mrs. Jung coming in, making Mrs. Oh immediately smiles and greeted them, taking Mrs. Jung in her arms as the two couldn't stop complimenting each other.

Hyejung and Hyemi bows towards Mr. Oh who's already smiling at them and just when she's about to bring Hyejung upstairs to put the stuffs she have bought for Cheese Ball, Sehun's already beat her to it that her husband already took the stuffs from Hyejung and is bringing them upstairs, leaving Hyejung turning to look at Hyemi as she rolls her eyes, earning a chuckle from Hyemi who then makes her way to the kitchen to only gasps seeing the beautiful decorations on the dining table and she could see all of her favourite foods prepared on it.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart!"

Mrs. Oh said, opening her arms towards Hyemi who's already pouting as she hugs her mother in law, muttering her thank you towards the older woman who's gently caressing her back with a huge smile on her face.

"Thank you so much, mom, dad. You guys really don't have to.."

Mrs. Oh clucks her tounge, playfully glaring at her daughter in law with her hands tightly holding hers,

"Of course, we should celebrate our pretty daughter in law's birthday."

Hyemi chuckles, shaking her head and she could see Sehun who just came down staring at her, his eyes mirroring guilt that Hyemi couldn't care less. 

"Come on, let's sit and eat, Hyemi shouldn't be standing for too long now."

Hyemi shakes her head, only letting her mother in law and her mother to both drag her to sit at the dining table. After making her wish and blowing out the candles, they started eating and no matter how hard Sehun tried to get her attention by putting foods inside her bowl, she only put them aside without eating them but seeing how he never gives up, Hyemi only sighs and took a bite of the meat he just put inside her bowl, making Sehun couldn't stop smiling. 

"Hyemi."

Hyemi hums, looking up from her bowl and her eyes widen seeing her mother in law putting up a huge box of gift in front of her.

"Happy birthday again, sweetheart. This year it's just us, next year I'm going to need to make a lot more foods considering our Cheese Ball is gonna be there with us next year."

"I'll help you cook."

Mrs. Jung said, making everyone laughs as Hyemi chuckles, thanking her mother in law while she takes the box and once she opens the box, she oculdn't help but gets teary-eyed seeing a pair of cute matching pyjamas for a mother and daughter beautifully wrapped inside. Sehun who's peeking through to see the gift that his mother got for his wife, smiles seeing the cute matchy pyjamas and he knows his daughter gonna takes after the both of them a lot and he just couldn't wait to welcome Cheese Ball out, watch her grows and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter